Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

AB Mods Racing Engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here some pics of Garys AB Mods powered twin engine stream-liner!

I should have some results of this unit in before too long. The ISC event in Fontana was this weekend and when i talked to Gary Saturday he was leading the pack in small block class by a pretty large margin with a AB Mods OS 18TZ powered TC3! I cant wait to hear about how the stream-liner twin engine car pictured above did.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, where to start....The event itself was fantastic!!! We had almost 50 cars from one end of the country to the other, but all from the south....SoCal, Louisiana, Florida and NorCal. It was a great group of racers and I believe everyone had a great time. We're already looking forward to next year's event and maybe adding one in the spring.

Nine new racers were welcomed into the 100 Mile Per Hour Club with Tim Smith setting two new records over 100. A young man named Brian Pohlman brought his Electric Open creation ready to compete. He had nothing but problems on Saturday and only hit 40 mph. He and his dad worked all day trying to fix the handling and electrical gremlins. They came back Sunday with a big fin on the back and renewed power. He made a few unsuccessful runs during the day and in one of the last runs of the day ran 103mph!!!! It wasn't the fastest, his car wasn't the prettiest but the crowd went wild when he broke 100.

Nic Case had troubles but still went 154...the crowd was hoping to see a new top speed but 154 is nothing to sneeze at! We used two sets of timing lights so everyone's speeds were confirmed immediately.

To say my weekend was awful would be putting a positive spin on it. On the way down to LA (Thursday) I felt a cold coming on and for the next three days I was up very early (5am) and went to bed very late (midnight) and managed to end up with the Mother of All Colds! I was so sick I seriously couldn't think properly. I managed to add almost 9 mph (78.69 to 86.75) to my speed from last year but it wasn't enough to hold Bernard Heredia off with 89.95. I had one run of 96 on just one set of clocks so that's an unofficial speed. Bernard is forcing me to step up my game and I will be for the next meet. Unfortunately, I had crashes both days which took away tuning time but it didn't matter...I couldn't think OR drive!!!!

In the Open class I was worse...a couple weeks before the meet I changed the plugs in the twin to one step colder and they wouldn't run at all once the throttle was applied. I worked on the engines but was unable to solve the problem, only later remembering the plug switch. I'm going to run a test here at home with #6 plugs which is what was in there before. I'm sure they'll run like mad but I was unable to solve that when I was sick.

I drove home Monday and needed two naps on the way, missed a bunch of work and here six weeks later I still have a slight cough remnant. Since the Open car didn't run I'll run it again next year (I'm sure it's got well over 100 in it!), do some aero work on the small block car and will be pursuing the big block record as well.

Thanks to Adam of ABMods for continuing to stand behind me (who, coincidentally, was just as sick as I was!) and Jake's Performance Hobbies In Rohnert Park, CA for his many years of friendship and support and for cutting out the cool CF fin and elevator. I didn't have time to make them 'aero' but they look a WHOLE lot better than the wood fin I had in there.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Everyone has a bad day Gary. But on most peoples bad days they don't go 96MPH on a small block!!!! Now that's a record that would be VERY hard to beat!! Why were the other set of clocks not setup for that run?? What a bummer !! Oh well we and everyone else knows it went that fast although its not "official" due to the other clock not being on and catching it as well.

Your an asset to Team AB Mods and we are all proud of your accomplishments!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

AB is that dude!!! Ive owned quite a few AB modded engines from .18's-.28's and theyve all run strong and cool!! Any engine i purchase will go to this guy!

btw, i sent u an email few moments ago
Old 02-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Email answered
Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have used AB's service's too. I must say they the best in the business. Fastest turn around and the work is second to none. All of the engines I have had modded by AB run extremely well. I will be sending my O.S. xzr to him as soon as it comes in. Check my sig. All of those engines are ab modded. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

AB Mods in now a Novarossi Dealer. That's not just engines its also pipes, headers, engine parts the whole 9.

Last edited by Colt4g63; 02-09-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
AB Mods in now a Novarossi Dealer. That's not just engines its also pipes, headers, engine parts the whole 9.
taking care of that biz in the a.m. my dude
Old 04-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Suspended

smh.........AB, youve done it again my dude!! now all i need to do is get my 1/8 onroad skills up to par then we'll really be in biz!!! i wan post one before/after angle for the naysayers/haters...bwahahhahaha!!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
smh.........AB, youve done it again my dude!! now all i need to do is get my 1/8 onroad skills up to par then we'll really be in biz!!! i wan post one before/after angle for the naysayers/haters...bwahahhahaha!!!!
Don't do that. If hey want to See an AB cut they must send him an engine. Until then they can watch it drive circles around them.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Cuts are one thing.. Almost anyone can make some fancy looking cuts on a sleeve or crank... Timing alterations among other things are what really make these engines tick.
Z'Stein likes this.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Adam, what's engine is in the queue next to run on the dyno? I'm still lovin' the work you did on my LRP ZR.30x. Whatever magic you did, it absolutely screams on the top end! On the other side, I'm still trying to find a clutch that can handle all that low end torque without melting! Doesn't this motor deserve a spin on the holy dyno?

-Steve D
Old 05-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Very glad your happy with the engine i did for you! I may have to put one on the dyno just to get some results on paper for everyone sometime. SO many request so little time
Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
Very glad your happy with the engine i did for you! I may have to put one on the dyno just to get some results on paper for everyone sometime. SO many request so little time
Your engine work are well proven anyway, Dyno will just be an icing on the cake!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Ive had a few engines for Adam the most recent was a Jx21 B01A still very fresh not even broken in totally this is the best engine Ive ever owned. temps are low running still rich but the power is amazing with run times that are off the charts. Ran it once just at Club fun many guys couldn't believe the amount run time Many people came over to check on the mill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.