Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Kyosho Cup A2

Originally posted by kitracer
NS12 crankcase with higher induction timming.
Chris, what do you mean by "higher induction timing"? Is this done on the crankshaft to advance timing earlier? How does this affect the engine performance in general? Better top end? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Kyosho Cup A2

Originally posted by InitialD
Chris, what do you mean by "higher induction timing"? Is this done on the crankshaft to advance timing earlier? How does this affect the engine performance in general? Better top end? Thanks.
U got PM
Old 11-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Kyosho Cup A2

Originally posted by kitracer
U got PM
Received it. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by xtreme888
Hi Ed and Chris,

Horrible rain in South of England...the track dried out slowly, hence traction was not that good. My throttle problem disapperared after changing fuel....went from byron to runner time. BRB p/s set in NSR. lap time were about 14.5, where was manually counted as transponder system was not set up. The two person who finished ahead of me last time were now following my trial of smoke !!!! One was using a new jp 5 ports and another a nova rossi 7 ports !!! Man this p/s set is excellent, i was able to pull away in the corners so fast, and also i let them pass and then overtake them on the fastest parts of the track !!! temp was around 168`F with # 6 nova rossi short plug.

Ed, what temp would you think that is the optimun running temp for this BRB set.

Ed gonna need a set for the 3.5cc !!!!!!

philip
Hi Phillip. Nice to hear that you like BRB set. I guess you have older version and newer version much stronger.
I do have 21 sets right now-I sent you PM earlier, so please let me know.
Edward
Old 11-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cdelong
what is a "BRB" p&s set?
This is piston/sleeve sets I am making for most popular brands.
I do have for 12 and 21 sizes. It is proven to be more dependeble, powerfull and much longer lasting. Try to read all this tread-there is lot of info-too much to put now.
Edward
Old 11-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hi Phillip. Nice to hear that you like BRB set. I guess you have older version and newer version much stronger.
I do have 21 sets right now-I sent you PM earlier, so please let me know.
Ed, do you have a pic to show a new and a old version? Any differences?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Ed, do you have a pic to show a new and a old version? Any differences?
I can make picks, but my camera is very low resolution. The difference is in ports height-new version has smaller height and angles are different. I can't disclose ##, if somebody is very intersted, has to buy and mesure. No extra cuts or other cosmetics are done there.
If you look your set from exhaust windows of crancase and you see bottom line of exhaust port of sleeve-you have new version, if it is look like original-old version.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
If you look your set from exhaust windows of crancase and you see bottom line of exhaust port of sleeve-you have new version, if it is look like original-old version.
Thanks for the info Ed. BTW, do you also make BRB piston sleeves for Novarossi RR12L3/L5 long stroke engines?
Old 11-08-2004, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info Ed. BTW, do you also make BRB piston sleeves for Novarossi RR12L3/L5 long stroke engines?
not yet because still not common but we are looking at.
If real demand, we can easily make it.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Ed, what temp would you think that is the optimun running temp for this BRB set.

Ed gonna need a set for the 3.5cc !!!!!!

philip
temperature-it is depened on ambient. I just can assure you, whatever you run will not damage the set. We are running here in LA 230-250, but testing happening @300-325 F. It is both for 12 and 21.
I sent you PM 4 days ago and you still didn't read it.
Best regards
Edward
Old 11-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default hotel

hey Edward, left you a pm about hotel confirmation let me know or Todd if you read this you could let me know thanks will be racing state race this weekend will let you know on results talk to you later, Peter
Old 11-09-2004, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: hotel

Originally posted by Speedypeterb
hey Edward, left you a pm about hotel confirmation let me know or Todd if you read this you could let me know thanks will be racing state race this weekend will let you know on results talk to you later, Peter
I asked Todd already and he is going to take care of it-everything by schedule.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Ed,

What different do the height of between the new and old sleeve have on the performance of the engine. From my understanding if the height of the ports of the new one are higher....would that mean more top end or have got it the wrong way round, and i am sure there is more to that !!! If you don`t mind, would you explain how the old and new sleeves will affect performance.

Cya

Philip

p.s check pm as well
Old 11-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Top Gun 777

Ed,

Forgot to ask you, BRB p/s set for 3.5cc, have that been designed for large open or small tight tracks? Although it is designed for nova rossi based engine, which crankcase was all the experiements and testing carried out on ? What crankcase would be the best for this ? From my experience i seem to found that the REX version is the best one out of all the nova rossi !!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Ed,

What different do the height of between the new and old sleeve have on the performance of the engine. From my understanding if the height of the ports of the new one are higher....would that mean more top end or have got it the wrong way round, and i am sure there is more to that !!! If you don`t mind, would you explain how the old and new sleeves will affect performance.

Cya

Philip

p.s check pm as well
Hi Phillip.
If I will tell what difference done on new style I will shoot my legs. New style has smaller ports and it makes realy big difference. They are smaller, but timings stay untouched-we make it smaller from bottom, not from top.
Old style is basecaly calculated area t flow ammount, velocity for event. On new style we use different effect then just pressure of crances pushing mixture to combustion chamber, it doesn't mean we don't use pressure, it means we use other effects then just pressure. In our particular case, we are not depending of OEM and we don't have to moddify stuff from market, we are designing, making and testing stuff on the spot. It is veru difficult to explane what we are doing ( will take a lot of space and I will need to disclose a lot of info), but we are working on every possible direction on flow and material properties.
In general old style and new style has the same run time, but new design has much more power on all around the range.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.