Palmaris engine thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

someone said my name and here i am...

@stefan: i'm always reading, no reason for edward to pass any information to me...

@topgun: thanks for the nice words, we do our best to kick some butts...
hope the worlds will go as good as our nats and the euros, looking forward to fly to brasil next week.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by stefan
Hi Ed,

good to hear that everything is going well for you.

I guess a Picco P/S set would be a great idea, especially since the rod was always Picco's weakest point.

I'm not racing at all right now. My stuff is still in boxes and the weather is going bad here anyways.

I will be racing electric indoors this winter.

Tell Reto and Juergen that I will need engines for next season
Hey Stefan. very sorry to hear that you are not running Nitro. I think you should find the "space" for it.
Reto already answer to you fr your question.
Edward
Old 09-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by burito
someone said my name and here i am...

@stefan: i'm always reading, no reason for edward to pass any information to me...

@topgun: thanks for the nice words, we do our best to kick some butts...
hope the worlds will go as good as our nats and the euros, looking forward to fly to brasil next week.
Hey Burito, BTW, where did you get this NIK? Sound like from Mexico.
I hope to meet you at Winternats. Are you comming there?
When LRP engine will hit our markets? I need one for testing.
Edward
Old 09-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Well, got my nickname while I was in the US for the first time (back in 96...).
You know my real name is pronounced a bit wrong in english, it sounds more like rito when a US-guy says it and therefor it wasn't long until "rito the burito" came up...

Not sure about Winternats, would like to but have to check with my boss if this is possible. Maybe...
Old 09-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default BRB IN RODY V12 5 ports

Hi Edward,

Just brought a Rody rb v12 5 ports from a fellow racer, Actually it is a team one !! I am going to run it as normal and the slip in a new BRB set !!!. JP fx 01 are ok, nothing great about them, was running one a couple of week ago, and the average lap time was 14.37, but with the Rody RB C5 in the same car, the lap time was 14.09 !!!! The Jp looks quicker ( i thought it was quicker ) but lap time never lie!!!! Maybe the JP was wheel spinning, hence got to change 1st gear. My BRB NSR 12 still locks up at TDC !!! never had a engine that do that after 8 litres !!!

cya

philip
Old 09-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: BRB IN RODY V12 5 ports

Originally posted by xtreme888
Hi Edward,

Just brought a Rody rb v12 5 ports from a fellow racer, Actually it is a team one !! I am going to run it as normal and the slip in a new BRB set !!!. JP fx 01 are ok, nothing great about them, was running one a couple of week ago, and the average lap time was 14.37, but with the Rody RB C5 in the same car, the lap time was 14.09 !!!! The Jp looks quicker ( i thought it was quicker ) but lap time never lie!!!! Maybe the JP was wheel spinning, hence got to change 1st gear. My BRB NSR 12 still locks up at TDC !!! never had a engine that do that after 8 litres !!!

cya

philip
Hi Phillip.
Thanks for update. I agree with you about JPs. They screem a lot, but speed isn't the best. We were able to compare here in LA and it is not quicker in our case too.
Usualy it takes 2 and half gallons beofre our piston material start getting loose. I still have prototype PS12 with 6 gallons throught it and still stacking little bit on TDC.
Best regards
Edward
Old 09-28-2004, 08:38 PM

I have a Mugen MT with BRB design and after 3 gallons of 30% fuel they still stack at TDC. Great work Edward!!!!!! Bob
Old 09-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bbntc3
I have a Mugen MT with BRB design and after 3 gallons of 30% fuel they still stack at TDC. Great work Edward!!!!!! Bob
Hi Bob , thanks a lot for liking my work. I am sure it will work for you for a while.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Sirio P/S sets

Within couple of days I will have new sets for Sirio 21 engines ( replacment for AAC).
Old 09-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: BRB IN RODY V12 5 ports

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Usualy it takes 2 and half gallons beofre our piston material start getting loose. I still have prototype PS12 with 6 gallons throught it and still stacking little bit on TDC.
Edward, what would you suggest on how to run in the BRB piston / sleeve set then?

While the piston sticking at TDC all the time shows a good sign, it can be time wasting also when you need to restart the engine.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: BRB IN RODY V12 5 ports

Originally posted by InitialD
Edward, what would you suggest on how to run in the BRB piston / sleeve set then?

While the piston sticking at TDC all the time shows a good sign, it can be time wasting also when you need to restart the engine.
How is going.
Piston getting stock at TDC only if you turning it slow, if you turning it fast ( starter box) - it will not got stiking.
I always sugest only one procedure to run in-one tanks reach at starter box with temp around 190 F and 2 tanks around the track reach. Then it is ready to lean to race and ready to race.
Due to the our tapering in sleeve and piston friction properties,you will not have problem with start up ( nobody so far had).
One most important thing is-don't look for 220 F running temperature. The normal temperature there-whatever engine will run, as long as it is performing. For sure it will not perform at 200, it like to be run hot.
There was couple times, when engines was overheated ( 325 F) and never ever something happennig to any parts. We are testing new stuff at 300+ for numerouse numbers of tanks.
As I sad before, our tapering and materials came from airmodeling and boating and in some classes in airmodeling start is one of the most critical issue-you miss start engine first time-you loose competitions. Ther are at list 3 landing and refill during the qualifying with engine off. And it is Diesel, not glow engine-very tight type with much higher compression then we have in RC cars.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Edward your PM box is full... FYI, if it's filling up quickly I just found out that we have to clean out our "sent messages" too. Doh!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kevink2
Edward your PM box is full... FYI, if it's filling up quickly I just found out that we have to clean out our "sent messages" too. Doh!
Hey Kevin. It is alread empty, sorry about it.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Topgun 777

Hi Edward,

Managed to get down the track today, ran the RB V12 5 ports Rody.......this thing is crazy !!!! As you are aware that i races 1/8th as well, the speed on this engine is amazing..............sooooooo much power.....was overtaking other drivers with novamax, jp and sirio evo 2 as well ( i could take them anywhere i like !!!)...,..even some of the 1/8th suffer from overtaking !!!! Ended up with solid axle and front one way like the eighth.....with a diff the car was undrivable coz the engine was too powerful........wonder what a brb set be like ????????.

The engine was quicker than my JP FX 01 in the eighth, but my RODY C5 is nothing like this....why there is no bottom end like the 1/10th version ?

Philip
Old 10-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kevink2
Yep, and the message tracking also. All takes up vital space.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.