Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Great. Now let's hope that Robitronic will bring the entire program to Europe and not just the Monstertruck engines
Old 04-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm back from the Speedline GP and it was a lot of fun!! I qualified 2nd, 3seconds behind Ron Atomic. Unfortunately I had some problems in the Amain that kept me in the back of the pack finishing 8th. But I shared fast laps with Ron around .4sec. faster than the rest showing the power of the PR12. Even after 5 gallons of fuel it's still ballistic. The strong bottom and mid was very useful on the somewhat tight infield. Thanks Eduard for the awesome engine!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

On last race, I run BRB P/S on JP FX-12 3port case and crankshaft. The top speed is very nice, not losing to new JPs.
The trouble is I losed 5 plugs during the heats. New plugs are put before heats, but it seems to lose it power after 2 minutes running and I'm losing the bottom-end power.
I'm using 0.5mm clearance below the underhead, with 25% O'donnel and Nova C7Tc plugs. Engine temp is around 115 deg C to 125 deg C. At last I use Nova C7Tf and it last for the 30mins final. But the plug's power seems to become weaker after 20mins run.
Any suggestions to solve this problem? Should I add another 0.1mm shim below the underhead?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
On last race, I run BRB P/S on JP FX-12 3port case and crankshaft. The top speed is very nice, not losing to new JPs.
The trouble is I losed 5 plugs during the heats. New plugs are put before heats, but it seems to lose it power after 2 minutes running and I'm losing the bottom-end power.
I'm using 0.5mm clearance below the underhead, with 25% O'donnel and Nova C7Tc plugs. Engine temp is around 115 deg C to 125 deg C. At last I use Nova C7Tf and it last for the 30mins final. But the plug's power seems to become weaker after 20mins run.
Any suggestions to solve this problem? Should I add another 0.1mm shim below the underhead?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Piyo Piyo. First of all you have very nice pic on your avatar.
Now about glow plugs. Can you describe how plugs goes off. 0.5 mm shimming is pretty big. Problem may be not in shimming, also can be in pipe as well (lenght). What pipe are you using? Our starting point for shimming is 0.4 mm. I recomend use Skyline VR12 pipe or Novarossi 2601.
Edward
Old 04-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EdwardN
Hi Piyo Piyo. First of all you have very nice pic on your avatar.
Now about glow plugs. Can you describe how plugs goes off. 0.5 mm shimming is pretty big. Problem may be not in shimming, also can be in pipe as well (lenght). What pipe are you using? Our starting point for shimming is 0.4 mm. I recomend use Skyline VR12 pipe or Novarossi 2601.
Edward
Thanks for your reply Edward.
On first heat, I used new plug C7tc everything goes well until the heat's 3rd minute. I lost my bottom end very bad. The plug goes off as soon as the engine stop after the heat.
On 2nd heat, I lost 2nd C7tc plug at warm up, I changed it again just before start. Also it goes off after the heat.
On 3rd heat, I use new C7tc again, but after three minutes run, the plug goes off again. I lost the heat.
On final, I borrow new C7Tf (colder one) from my friend. I finished the final in 2nd place but it seems that I lost the bottom end at the last part of the final.

I used Novarossi 51607 (Turbo 6mm) with JP Conicle 7-fin manifold, which make it more longer in total than the standard one.
Do you think this is the problem?
Thanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Piyo Piyo, if I may suggest something, try measuring the head clearance with a piece of solder. I find in Texas that .71mm to .76mm (or .028 to .030") is a good number for 30% nitro. That's usually .4mm thick head shims. I do not normally run 25% but I start on the high side to help keep from detonating.

You mentioned "I'm using 0.5mm clearance below the underhead". Does this mean .5mm head shim thickness? or .5mm head clearance? if .5mm head clearance, your shims are around .3mm which is probably too much compression. If you blow plugs like you describe, then it is probably detonating from overcompression.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Surge
Piyo Piyo, if I may suggest something, try measuring the head clearance with a piece of solder. I find in Texas that .71mm to .76mm (or .028 to .030") is a good number for 30% nitro. That's usually .4mm thick head shims. I do not normally run 25% but I start on the high side to help keep from detonating.

You mentioned "I'm using 0.5mm clearance below the underhead". Does this mean .5mm head shim thickness? or .5mm head clearance? if .5mm head clearance, your shims are around .3mm which is probably too much compression. If you blow plugs like you describe, then it is probably detonating from overcompression.
Hi Surge, thanks for your tips.
I use 0.5mm head shim thickness. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
Hi Surge, thanks for your tips.
I use 0.5mm head shim thickness. Thanks.
So, how is filament on glow plug looks like-is it disintigrated or pushed in/out? Do top of the piston and head buttomn looks like sand blasted?
Pipe is not a problem.
Edward
Old 04-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Congratulation to Chris Steele winning 1st round of Irish nationals with using on his motor BRB P/L set. Also congratulation to Cambel Wade getting 3rd palce using BRB p/l set on his Novarossi motor.
Edward
Old 04-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Edward have u got my email yet??
Old 04-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tl2111
Edward have u got my email yet??
Hi Tommy.
I got everything and everything by schedule as we speak before.
Edward
Old 04-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EdwardN
So, how is filament on glow plug looks like-is it disintigrated or pushed in/out? Do top of the piston and head buttomn looks like sand blasted?
Pipe is not a problem.
Edward
Hi Edward,

For some of the plug, the filament disintegrated and pushed inside the plug. The filament color still fine.
Thanks
Old 04-17-2006, 02:07 AM
Tech Champion

sorry to enterframe,just would like to know is there anybody use BRB or palmaris engine for this coming ifmar or previous?hows the result?

heard bout the BRB wil totally nice in JPFX crankcase,is it right?
Old 04-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
sorry to enterframe,just would like to know is there anybody use BRB or palmaris engine for this coming ifmar or previous?hows the result?

I think you can ask piyo piyo.... he is using berrylium in JP FX3.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAVICXXX

Gerald is using the BRB in his JPFX, Sydney had it in a Max crankcase, it's totally nice...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.