Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kitracer
Yes, will post the link today or tomorrow with pictures. Got some short video clip on it as well.
Here is the link

http://www.rcstudy.com/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=15

I have the orange body... just painted the last min on the track. no time

William, the white front and green rear.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats Chris on the great drive!!! Congrats Palmaris for the strong PR12 showing!!! I hope to have good results at my Regional next weekend.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Surge
Congrats Chris on the great drive!!! Congrats Palmaris for the strong PR12 showing!!! I hope to have good results at my Regional next weekend.
Thanks, Todd.
Just go for it. If you have any problem, call Edward.... so you can concentrate on driving and setting.
I called Edward twice yesterday ..
Old 11-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

more information on the PR12

Included yesterday race, this is the 3rd time I run this engine.

One of the biggest different I found it takes time to really warm-up this engine, so don't use the temp reading from it during the first 2 mins. Tune it after you have a good hard drive at the track 2 mins plus. You should be doing this on any Nova based engine anyway but PR12 is specially important. The bad thing ( or the good thing) is that PR12 can operate at 130C plus, I tried that in 3 tanks in a roll without any idle nor overlean problem , but performace is not the best.

Yes, Odonnell plug did not blew once on me at that temp.. (touch wood)
Old 11-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

I agree with Chris about the warm up time with the BRB sleeves. That material seems to take a while to soak up the heat (for lack of better termonology) than brass. I always to try to wait to tune the BRB's until they have a chance to warm up. (I always let the engine warm up before putting it on the track) I think this is one of the advantages to that material. Since it takes a while to heat up, it's probably less resistant to deformation keeping a better cylinder for the piston. Less expansion also means being able to handle higher temps without issue even if it's not the best performance, just gets a little soft is all. That said I'd also like to point out that the BRB's need a higher operating temp as well. They want to run over 210F to loosen up a bit.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Edward, Just wanted to thank you for Engine on fusion Championships. The car didn't work well but i just had enough motor to sneek in the A main.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

edward,

Picture from the race.
William is next to me
and the qualify list.
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-kyocup-qualify-list-rev.jpg   Palmaris engine thread-kyocup-william.jpg  
Old 11-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Talking THANKS

Special thanks to Edward and Palmaris Racing with the Profi motor this weekend at Fusion.It ran great. Also thanks for buying us lunch on sat.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Hi Edward, Just wanted to thank you for Engine on fusion Championships. The car didn't work well but i just had enough motor to sneek in the A main.
Congrats to ALL. Looks like we all had a great weekend.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Edward,

please look at this, incl. the video and let us know if this is hype or if it will work.

Thx

http://www.teamorion.com/faq/wasp_rev.asp
Old 11-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Hi Edward,

please look at this, incl. the video and let us know if this is hype or if it will work.

Thx

http://www.teamorion.com/faq/wasp_rev.asp
Hi Stefan.
I looked already. They did a ot of development, how effective-we can talk a lot further.
I think the main thing I will sugest to say-that I think designers confuse in order to how mixture goes to crancse-it doesn't go there by positive pressure-it goes by negative pressure created inside crankase and based on this I wouldn't see personaly any benefits of angled hole. About slots on buttom of sleeve-We will never make those slots to reduce friction-we just make right taper. The skirt of sleeve will start bending uneven (due tot he temperature difference between buster and exhaust on sleeve) and it will create more friction.
Again, it is my opinion and it doesn't mean I am absolutly right-let'see what will happened on tracks.
Edward

Last edited by mxwrench; 11-16-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default magic

Hey Stefan, how are you? there are two things i noticed on the wasp video that is a little questionable. when they put the flame in the crank and blkow the air. look and listen carfully, the angle that they blow the flame in both cranks are different and the air is blown harder in the standard crank thus blowing out the flame. and when they blow the air in their crank alittle less pressure and voilla you see the flame rise into the crank. i say when you do an experiment like that make all things equal for both, make the angle which the flame is introduced to the crank the same and also put a pressure guage and make it equal for both, it was a very nice trick but did not prove anything. my opinion Peter
Old 11-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you Chris and Edward your great motor PR12, what a stock motor I buy from hobby shop, never modified….as I know the 2nd place was using Sirio Evo 3 and 3rd place was using JP FX 5p, I felt I have a little bit more power in hand to passing them, all I said I won the event was lucky for I fell to the last place when start…
William
Old 11-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think Team Orion is doing a good job by bring innovation to the RC car. (V2 electric Motors) Lets look at other manufactures who just copies (without any innovatoin) and claim to be faster!

We know few "innovation" already been tried ( on boat and planes) and it did not work at the time. I am sure time will tell . Lets judge it if it really work after release.

Last edited by kitracer; 11-16-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Ed, your PM is full.

Amazing how fast info is traveling on the net

I will do what you asked for...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.