Palmaris engine thread

Old 04-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Thanks a lot to everybody for coments and input. Whatever was situation in HK, I just ask everybody, please let finish this discusion. I do have enough evidence to prove a lot of stuff, but don't want to go for it. I just want to talk about tech part of our hobby, not about politics.
If someone made a mess, I think we did already discause enough and it is time to move forward.
Edward
Dear Edward,

Ah Cheung is sponsored by our hong kong dealer. There is not only one sponsored driver in hong kong. As a sponsor party, we never suspect our drivers, we trust them and let them use our engines.

If you think Ah Cheung had once purchased BRB and he must use it to get good race result, this is only your thought. As a matter of fact, to achieve good race result, engine power is only part of the winning factors, tire, suspension, clutch setting, luck...etc. are far more important then a powerful engine. If a driver is not able to understand this, he will never get good race result.

Only engine makers claim power is over everything. We, STS, is not selling engines,we sell "happiness" to everybody.

Hope you all well,regards.
Dino

Last edited by dino.tw; 04-07-2005 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

dino, you got pm. I hope you response to it asap.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by boy2rc
Hi Edward
I'll race Mugen cup (I use MTX3) on this Sunday, since their body rule is open, I'll run VDS, no longer try VDS on 1/10 touring for two years, what size of heat sink, bigger or standard may I use and what # of glow plug? Please suggestion, my crankcase was MAX with BRB, 0.5 shim, forecast racing day the temperature will be around 25C ~ 27C. Thanks!
William

PS. last racing Kyosho Cup I use V1RRR with M6 body & big heat sink #7 tf plug, 30% fuel, the engine after final temp. around 100C, environment temp. 25C.
Will,
I suggest Standard heatsink to save weight for VDS body. Also BRB can run hot, and likes to run hotter than ABC.

I still suggest to go with TF7 glow plug since you usung 30% nitro. 0.5mm is good starting and like I said before, Read your glow plug condition. Let me know when youre going to practice , I may able to come down to help you with tunning.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default VDS body

What is a VDS body? Can someone post pictures of one?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: VDS body

Originally posted by kpjr
What is a VDS body? Can someone post pictures of one?

this
Old 04-09-2005, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BundyMan
Both Ed and Dino are great guys and sad to see a misunderstanding happened between the two. I think the problem begins when the sponsored driver did not act professionally, ie; if you agreed to be a sponsored driver then you should adhere to the agreement and not taking the sponsors for a ride (getting free engines, pipes and stuff but using something else)

My 2 cents.

Rgds
Your two cents can really go very far In Malaysian forum your two cents also got a lot of comments until people want to challenge you

My 2 cents
Old 04-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Anyone can suggest a really good pipe as a combo for this BRB PS? EFRA type or Outlaw?
Old 04-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

EFRA - The Mugen Mielke is a brilliant choice. Awesome bottom and top end performance from it at the weekend.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by daniz24
Anyone can suggest a really good pipe as a combo for this BRB PS? EFRA type or Outlaw?
I would sigest to contact to Chris. he got some development done and he has pipe EFRA and Outlaw version which are working realy good. We tested here in LA, Winternats and EFRA version is working in our case just perfect.
Edward
Old 04-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by boy2rc
Hi Edward
I'll race Mugen cup (I use MTX3) on this Sunday, since their body rule is open, I'll run VDS, no longer try VDS on 1/10 touring for two years, what size of heat sink, bigger or standard may I use and what # of glow plug? Please suggestion, my crankcase was MAX with BRB, 0.5 shim, forecast racing day the temperature will be around 25C ~ 27C. Thanks!
William

PS. last racing Kyosho Cup I use V1RRR with M6 body & big heat sink #7 tf plug, 30% fuel, the engine after final temp. around 100C, environment temp. 25C.
Congratulation to Boy2rc. He finished 7th A main this week Mugen Asia qualify in Hong Kong. A big improvement from last week Kyosho 1st B main. He is a privateen using BRB. Unfortuntately I was not able to help him during the race but I will try every efford for his next race. ( sorry william I have to work!)
We will attend next week Serpent Cup, hopefully this time is a Win .
Old 04-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Chris, I really appreciated your engine adjustment and centax reassemble for me at Friday, although youˇ¦re in the work but you can arrive the track, Iˇ¦m quite satisfying of the result, my engine was fast enough but my chassis was roll over problem, after 45min race, the engine still maintain at 98C and never lost power, thanks Chris againˇK
Old 04-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Just a note guys, the Palmaris P/S combined with a JPFX12 and a NovaMega TP06 is DEADLY!!! Had a great racing weekend and the engine blew the competition[5port modded Italian horses] away.

Thanx guys and keep up the great work!!!

Old 04-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
Just a note guys, the Palmaris P/S combined with a JPFX12 and a NovaMega TP06 is DEADLY!!! Had a great racing weekend and the engine blew the competition[5port modded Italian horses] away.

Thanx guys and keep up the great work!!!

Yes, it was a great result for Palmaris. Crashed_1 qualified A6 if I'm not mistaken and ended A3. I qualified A10 and ended A5 after the 45 minute final. Cow Buster managed to sweep the B main after qualifying for B1 in a 30 minute final.

All in all, the engines worked excellent. I never had a flame out throughout the main. The power is always there when you want it.

My piston sleeve was in a normal NSR crankcase with a NovaMax crankshaft. LSN was 1.75 turns out with HSN 5.75 turns out using 0.3 mm stock shim and 25% nitro. The fastest car on the straights has got to be crashed_1. The bottom , mid and top end was scary fast. My engine did not have the same top end zing when compared to crashed_1's engine. But bottom end is as good if not better than crashed_1 engine.

I was not sure about crashed_1's refuel time but judging from the 5 minute heats, there was like 1/5 to 1/8th of fuel left in the tank which is about the same as mine.

I can't recall at what intervals Cow Buster called me in for refuel. I told him to play safe and go for 6 minutes before the start of the race. That kept changing during the course and I think he told me once that he called me in after 6.5 minutes.

I ran the solid front axle in my 710 while crashed_1 used a front diff. There were lots of last minute hard braking which meant a lot of throttling. I think the fuel mileage would be better if the track permitted the use of the oneway. Oh yes, the straights on the track was very long. I was using 17/23 pinions and 61/55 spurs (6.88 1st gear and 4.58 2nd gear) while crashed_1 was using 16/22 pinions and 61/57 spurs (7.15 1st gear and 4.86 2nd gear) if I'm not mistaken. I geared a little more to compensate for the tire wear.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, it was a great result for Palmaris. Crashed_1 qualified A6 if I'm not mistaken and ended A3. I qualified A10 and ended A5 after the 45 minute final.
We're not worthy! We're not worthy!!

Did you also use the TP06 pipe?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
We're not worthy! We're not worthy!!

Did you also use the TP06 pipe?
I used the NovaMax 2602T pipe with the normal manifold. Crashed_1 was using the TP06 pipe with the Mega conical manifold. I guess that probably explains why his mid to top end was excellent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.