Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NovaMax

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hmmm, interesting. I figured that because of the chroming the way it is that the work had to be done at the NovaRossi factory. All of the NSR's I have seen previously did not have these mods on them, but I haven't seen an NSR that has been produced in the last few months. I will be looking at a 'new' one soon so I guess I'll find out how 'new' it actually is.
The Max sleeve had only a few places on it that I could see were worked on by hand or outside the factory, but nothing major.
So I guess you may be right, as long as you can get a 'fresh' piston sleeve set for an NS/NSR then everything is pretty much the same.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I opened up a new NSR today and the sleeve was indeed pretty much as shown in the pictures of my Max S3.
Impressive.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by snemi00
I opened up a new NSR today and the sleeve was indeed pretty much as shown in the pictures of my Max S3.
Impressive.
Cool. Can you take pictures to show the difference between the Max and the new NSR sleeve? Are there any vast differences between them?
Old 06-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Try Team CRC for Max in the USA.

MAX is not on their web site yet but the ad is in the new Car Action.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Unhappy S vs P

I know this has been disscussed before but I am still confused,
I bought the Max S5 about 3 months ago(Mushroom) and then saw all the talk in this thread about a P5. I understood this was the older version of the engine and the S was the new, but I noticed that now RC Mushroom are selling the P's all of a sudden and no S's anymore.

Doe's anyone know for sure if the P is the older version or is it the new version? I want to get a piston and sleeve for it, which they now sell but not if it is the older version.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: S vs P

Originally posted by Picard
I want to get a piston and sleeve for it, which they now sell but not if it is the older version.
Picard, are you willing to spend USD170 for a tiny mod on the sleeve? I would just get the normal NSR piston sleeve set. It would be good if you can get hold of the IDM style type of sleeve. That would be the latest.

Anyway, you're right about the P and S versions. I don't know if it's a typo on RC Mushroom's site but the P is suppose to be based on NS piston while the S is suppose to be the newer NSR type piston.

If you insist on getting the piston sleeve set from NovaMax, then make sure you get the one which is the latest based on the latest IDM style sleeve from NovaMax.

http://www.rcunderground.net/nsr%20pics2.htm

Originally posted by snemi00
You're right about the NS/NSR piston sleeve set being a perfect fit, but I can't say I agree with the very little modification part.
On the older P3 models there wasn't much modification on the sleeve, but look at the S3 I took apart to inspect.
Some very nice work done on the sleeve. It was also done before the chrome as you can see it in the ports.

Old 06-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: S vs P

Originally posted by InitialD
Picard, are you willing to spend USD170 for a tiny mod on the sleeve? I would just get the normal NSR piston sleeve set. It would be good if you can get hold of the IDM style type of sleeve. That would be the latest.

Anyway, you're right about the P and S versions. I don't know if it's a typo on RC Mushroom's site but the P is suppose to be based on NS piston while the S is suppose to be the newer NSR type piston.

If you insist on getting the piston sleeve set from NovaMax, then make sure you get the one which is the latest based on the latest IDM style sleeve from NovaMax.

http://www.rcunderground.net/nsr%20pics2.htm
Thanks for the Info D

You do have a point, I want the latest piston and sleeve for the engine but not at that price. Thanks for the link
Old 06-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

InitialD, thks for the info.....
Old 06-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Prophet

No worries Picard and Ravi. The info was just here on the thread. Just forwarded it.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, that Novamax engine is bone stock. I would have thought for the amnount of money they are charging that something pretty special would have been done to the engine. That engine is identicle to the Rex RER 12 and the new NSR's. Oh, but it does have a taller cooling head.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Grinder
Wow, that Novamax engine is bone stock. I would have thought for the amnount of money they are charging that something pretty special would have been done to the engine. That engine is identicle to the Rex RER 12 and the new NSR's. Oh, but it does have a taller cooling head.
One more thing to add-and they last only 1,5 gallons
Old 06-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
One more thing to add-and they last only 1,5 gallons
Not true at all TG...I have done 2.5 already and the engine still has great comp and is fast. I aggree that the engine is not cheap, but it has been fantastic in peformance and reliabilty
Old 06-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Picard
Not true at all TG...I have done 2.5 already and the engine still has great comp and is fast. I aggree that the engine is not cheap, but it has been fantastic in peformance and reliabilty
mine last untill 4 gallon, than the coating on piston top start to break. I did change the rod+pin on 3rd gallon.
My running temp is always maximum, 110-125 deg C.
Great Money vs Performance Engine
Old 06-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well it is depend where it was use, if you go on big event, 6 qualifiers and long mains, I don't think you can go second event with the same engine. I don't have one and never owe one, but a lot of my friends do have them and have good expirience with them-it is absolutly correct t has greate performance and very relible, but unfrtunately as all engines on its leve last only just a little.
It is expirience of my friends and this is on of the reason why I do make my own P/S sets and engines, I am personay don't satisfy with life and performance. Again it is my own opinion and it is not neccessary I am right, but I do my own stuff and I don't wait for miracle from sky.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default Piston for NovaMax S3

Hello guys...

Just needed to buy a new Piston/sleeve set for my MaxPower S3...
But I ended up with two sets:

- NRSRS12-S3 - Microcasted

- NS12S3 - CNC-Machined

Any suggestions?

cheers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.