Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiTrO BoOsTeR
Hey Guys i just got a quick question about some of the Novarossi plugs.

when i bought my engine off the local rep i bought 2 plugs, assuming they where for an on-road engine.

they are C6TGC Ultra Turbo, the nova website says they are for Off-road, i have a 3sct Tuned and was wondering if they will damage the engine, either they ruin the thread in the button or the piston will hit it because it is to long etc.

i havent run one yet in the engine only just finished the run in with the plug that came with which is a C#TGF (not sure what number).

Thanks
Mitchell
hey yeah I got the same plugs also C6TGC and am still running it in with the C5TGF, did you find that it had some serious piston lock ? I had to get the heat gun out, I normally only do that with .21 enginesa guy is running a 3sct here I will see what plugs he is running. also are you going to change the rod after run in?
cheers
Old 02-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well i have put about 2L on the engine and i can just turn it over by hand with the plug in, and there is no play in the rod, i got a big race this weekend so ill check it for play after then. dont run the C6TGC in ur 3SCT because i think it will damage the engine

plug wise the ones we should have got at are the C6TGF/C&TGF/C5TGF. if you can get the O'donnell 97's or run the C#TGF or the older C#TF.

by the way how is ur 3sct going, have you run it in, and if so can you turn it over by hand with the plug in it.

Mitchell
Old 02-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys just reading on Nova website in the manifolds section,

are Conical manifolds out for all the EFRA events,

i interpreted this through this statement "Medium long/Long/Short polished "non conical" manifold (with 6 rings) for 2,1cc On-road engines.
For use in EFRA events in 2009."
Old 02-18-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Lord

I can not tell for the 1/10 but I believe they are waiting on devellopments regarding new exhausts with an silencer on the stinger.

With the 1/8 you may use 20xx exhaust which are listed, you can download the list from the news selection on www.efra.ws
With the 20xx exhausts the use for conical manifolds is also back in the picture, even using with 30xx exhausts.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HI Guys, so does any one have a time when they change there O-Rings in there motors? im just curious on what signs to look for or when is a recomended time to change? just like how we change our Rods after X -amount fuel pumped through the motors, im running the Cordoba.

Thanks Guys any feed back would be appricated,

cheers
Old 02-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
HI Guys, so does any one have a time when they change there O-Rings in there motors? im just curious on what signs to look for or when is a recomended time to change? just like how we change our Rods after X -amount fuel pumped through the motors, im running the Cordoba.

Thanks Guys any feed back would be appricated,

cheers
Im no expert but I have only changed all the o-rings once and this was on a CRF Wasp, if it seams there is an airleak replace all o-rings, also when u pull you engine down after a race if they are craked, or chipped replace them.

i dunno of a X-amount of fuel like the rod i guess when they are warn replace then

Mitchell
Old 02-18-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof
I can not tell for the 1/10 but I believe they are waiting on devellopments regarding new exhausts with an silencer on the stinger.

With the 1/8 you may use 20xx exhaust which are listed, you can download the list from the news selection on www.efra.ws
With the 20xx exhausts the use for conical manifolds is also back in the picture, even using with 30xx exhausts.
so just to put my mind to ease, im looking at getting a 2630 pipe with a 7 fin header and there is an option for conical or non-conical what would be the best to get.

Mitchell
Old 02-18-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't think the "C" glowplugs will damage your engine. They have a better idle holding characteristic that favors off-road engines, but I can't see them damaging an on-road engine, unless someone knows something else between the "C" & "F" glowplugs.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:02 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiTrO BoOsTeR
so just to put my mind to ease, im looking at getting a 2630 pipe with a 7 fin header and there is an option for conical or non-conical what would be the best to get.

Mitchell
conical
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
I don't think the "C" glowplugs will damage your engine. They have a better idle holding characteristic that favors off-road engines, but I can't see them damaging an on-road engine, unless someone knows something else between the "C" & "F" glowplugs.
so does anyone else think the C plugs will damage a 3sct tune
cheers
Old 02-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

what i have found out, the performance wont be as good as it would if you were using an F. also the C is a touch longer. so im gonna trade a mate of mine who owns a hobby store and races off-road, my C6TGC's for either
C7TGF's or the C7TF

also with the 7 it will be easier to find a sweet spot. and it will run alot smoother.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

no , it won't hurt

you use the long or short body to fine tune for humidity

http://www.outlawrc.com/glowplugs.htm
Old 02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default ceramic bearings

Hi guys,

Where do you get your ceramic bearings for your engines?

I am replacing both front and rear bearings for my LL5.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by diesel
Hi guys,

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
try here www.murnanmodified.com
Old 02-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diesel
Hi guys,

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
I have also had great luck finding engine parts at:

Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. (a true shop for racers)

http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.