Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 06-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I wouldn't believe the Nova website most of it is full of sh%$ its like the new plus 2 367 meant to have 2 tungsten inserts but they don't they show all the good stuff on their website but they have that thing
NOVAROSSI HAS THE RIGHT TO MODIFY ANY PART WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
so what they do is show all the good stuff on their web make the engine look the goods but straight away don't add some of the fancy stuff so they make more profit.
Thats why I'm a JP believer now a least you going to get what they show and say none of this sell one thing deliver another.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

the crank on the left looks like the one that came in my 'tuned' motor, also has the red putty ramp. i would expect the other to come in a std LL3?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

The crank on the left is an IFMA EFRA spec crank. The one on the right is a BRCA or non modified crank. EFRA changed the rules for this year to allow modified cranks but the BRCA and others such as the french are lagging behind.

Novarossi still have these cranks in staock so are trying to get rid of them. I suggest you return the motor and ask for the correct spec.

Cheers
Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
NOVAROSSI HAS THE RIGHT TO MODIFY ANY PART WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
so what they do is show all the good stuff on their web make the engine look the goods but straight away don't add some of the fancy stuff so they make more profit.
Thats why I'm a JP believer now a least you going to get what they show and say none of this sell one thing deliver another.
They all have disclaimer as there are always minor revisions from batch to batch without a new model. On the FX mods with same model number, I have seen combos of shims under liner to raise port height, EFRA cranks, IFMAR cranks...etc.

Interesting you use JP as a reference... guess who does the Tuned version of NR engines?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by twoo
They all have disclaimer as there are always minor revisions from batch to batch without a new model. On the FX mods with same model number, I have seen combos of shims under liner to raise port height, EFRA cranks, IFMAR cranks...etc.

Interesting you use JP as a reference... guess who does the Tuned version of NR engines?
I know that... But every one else don't show false info on their websites promoting stuff that dose not come with the engine.
There's is nothing wrong with NR products IMO they are the best engines produced who do you think supply's JP the problem is that NR have moved from Maxim quality to maximum profit its very obvious with the new plus 2 line throwing in a shiter made out of old stock that they cant get rid of to bump up the price and make more profit
Old 06-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default different specs. cshaft

thanks guys for the feedback.....think i have to stick with itthe guy at the LHS said he can't do anything coz he also don't know what to do. maybe i can try to persuade him to replace it with a TZ, seems that i was misled by the web info's...
Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
The crank on the left is an IFMA EFRA spec crank. The one on the right is a BRCA or non modified crank. EFRA changed the rules for this year to allow modified cranks but the BRCA and others such as the french are lagging behind.
Cheers
like to know what is the difference between this 2 types of spec crank in term of performance and economy....tq
Old 06-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Is the left one 353 RACE ?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
I know that... But every one else don't show false info on their websites promoting stuff that dose not come with the engine.
There's is nothing wrong with NR products IMO they are the best engines produced who do you think supply's JP the problem is that NR have moved from Maxim quality to maximum profit its very obvious with the new plus 2 line throwing in a shiter made out of old stock that they cant get rid of to bump up the price and make more profit
Nitro J, Mr Woo is right if they changed the pic's ever time they make a change it would change weekly. These engines are in constant development In the past 6 months ive seen quite big changes in some part's with in a 35+21 novarossi. I also think those crank's in the pic's will be ifmar and some outher spec. I would look into an engine befor you go to your place of purches and make shore you buy an ifmar spec engine. Providing that ifmar std and limatations are legal for your country or class of racing. Normaly and ifmar aproved engine will have an ifmar aproval in the code (eg, LL3 ifmar crank). Best Regards Jeremy.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

I fully under stand they do revisions for the better ie change timing transfer ports things like that are fine im all for that but down grading from 2 tungsten weights to 1 or none is what gets me fired up changes for the better by all means but changes for lower production cost is money hungry in my eyes

IFMAR is the model you want more torque than the EFRA versions
Originally Posted by Sirio2127
Nitro J, Mr Woo is right if they changed the pic's ever time they make a change it would change weekly. These engines are in constant development In the past 6 months ive seen quite big changes in some part's with in a 35+21 novarossi. I also think those crank's in the pic's will be ifmar and some outher spec. I would look into an engine befor you go to your place of purches and make shore you buy an ifmar spec engine. Providing that ifmar std and limatations are legal for your country or class of racing. Normaly and ifmar aproved engine will have an ifmar aproval in the code (eg, LL3 ifmar crank). Best Regards Jeremy.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sirio2127
They have not changed the spec. There are 2 distinct different engines with different part numbers. The crank on the right was made specifically for the EFRA 2006 and BRCA rules and now that EFRA changed the rules Novarossi has excess stock.

For performance all you need to do is lower the head shims on your engine and it will match the moded crank version

Cheers
Old 06-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ziggy12345

For performance all you need to do is lower the head shims on your engine and it will match the moded crank version

Cheers
if i am not mistaken the existing shims is 0.3, do u mean i have to decrease this further to increase the performance? thanks
Old 06-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

take out .1 and that will be fine

Cheers
Old 06-18-2007, 01:14 PM

can someone explain to me the differences between the plus 12-3 motors. What do the letters (c, sc, sct,etc..) stand for. Does T mean tuned? C=ceramic? so confused
Old 06-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Paul Wall
can someone explain to me the differences between the plus 12-3 motors. What do the letters (c, sc, sct,etc..) stand for. Does T mean tuned? C=ceramic? so confused
C= ceramic main bearings
S= crank diameter 11.9 (normale = 11.5)
T= IFMAR spec crankshaft

hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.