Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 06-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

I don't know...... it fits perfectly and lines up with the dome fine.....
Old 06-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jammin'Trey
I don't know...... it fits perfectly and lines up with the dome fine.....
Well..... up to you.

I use RB plugs for RB engines and Novarossi plugs for Novarossi / JP engines. I know they are expensive but they never let me down since day 1.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Since Novarossi's pricing is incredibly high now and raising almost every minute I think I'm done with Novarossi. I hope the GRP come out with affordable and good engine.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by daniz24
Since Novarossi's pricing is incredibly high now and raising almost every minute I think I'm done with Novarossi. I hope the GRP come out with affordable and good engine.
If you swith to GRP, I might switch to OS Speed Tuned

What are going to do with your JP engines collections ?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Maybe GRP, Maybe CRF No OS also for me
Old 06-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The GRP plugs are supposed to be like $12 or so. Now that is high. I usually run the RB plugs if I can't find Nova plugs. They are the same plugs, different packaging.<- I think.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

nova prices are a bit higher than other brands..........

altough I don't see engines reaching the market and being recalled........
I don't see an engine version which is fast but at the 2nd fuel tank you can crack the crankshaft in two pieces.........
I don't see an engine being released on a website and taking 6 months to appear on the hobbyshop shelves.......
I don't see any Novarossi conrod being upgraded due to many problems......I also don't see any NO-nova based conrods lasting up to 10 hours of hard racing........

so IMO if you buy some brands you must be lucky to get no problems.......if you don't want to count on your luck than stick with nova.......
Old 06-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing

I don't see an engine version which is fast but at the 2nd fuel tank you can crack the crankshaft in two pieces.........
I don't see an engine being released on a website and taking 6 months to appear on the hobbyshop shelves.......
I don't see any Novarossi conrod being upgraded due to many problems......I also don't see any NO-nova based conrods lasting up to 10 hours of hard racing........

so IMO if you buy some brands you must be lucky to get no problems.......if you don't want to count on your luck than stick with nova.......
I agree with all of the above. That rod that fits almost everything is nice. They do last a very long time too. I don't know if their glow plugs are any better than the top/rex/rb ones though.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Salvatori:

Just some points over the things you wrote.

- A recall of a engine is a method of being a responsible manufacturer, with a straight compromise with the quality and performance, they detected some faulty conrods and they recalled ALL the engines that went thru Mugen Racing USA (so, if my info isn't wrong this means USA, Canada, Central America and some countries of the Pacific rim). After hearing this I feel much confident on the QC of the Gandini Bros and Mr. Mario Rossi.

- I should be lucky, like all the other guys who doesn't broke their crankshaft (I have over a gallon thru my MR-R01 now). Don't be misleading about this, a crankshaft breakage could occur on every engine you can imagine (yes.. shit happens everywhere).

- For sure you'll don't have the most little idea of what kind of tests and processes are needed for starting an industrial product like this (no... isn't just a matter of pouring aluminium in molds, drop them into a CNC cutter, assemble some parts and voilá... you have an engine. It involves so much tests and many prototypes. I'm as a owner of a Ninja .21 engine I feel that a 6 months delay on serving engines is ok if you remove all the bugs and problems (and they seemed to remove them, if anytime were a problem).

- Take for sure that Mr. Rossi as the father of Nova mills should have taken notes about conrod durability. Would be silly if he doesn't take advantage of their previous experience, take for sure that he will do and will improve the previous results. With over a gallon on my engine, checked the conrod and he's like the day 1, in fact, have one on my toolbox, but nothing indicates me they need to be changed (will do it, but only as a precaution, but not because it needs).

They proved that a higher QC than the actual from Nova are possible (not very difficult, judging their quality lately), with the same performance (Comparing it with a hand modified like JP ones is a complete BS) and the best of all with lower pricing is possible. Just wondering what's wrong in the equation?
Old 06-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

corse.....
I respect your opinion......and I'd like to say that i agree with you in many techinal points you comment around this forum......

when I refered to crankshaft breakage you may know very well waht engine i refered to.........you seem to be a fan of sirio engines as I can read on sirio engines topic, and YES, if you got an evo3 and haven't had any problem with its conrod or crankshaft you're a VERY LUCKY guy....not to mention the previous versions which seemed to work only for official drivers at WC events.......

regarding quality control, recalling an engine is definitely not a thing we can say "WOW, what a good quality control", it's in fact a good posture of a manufacturer....

I know at least the basic of how a product is manufactured since I study mechanical engineering.....and I also know how much money you can save to put any product in the market by eliminating some secondary steps of its production.... I'm not saying that any r/c model engine manufacturer does it, just saying that R&D and full QC make every product expensive.......
marketing is extremely important as well, and I have to agree that during the last years other brands had better teams than Novarossi, and in r/c racing the 1st place is what really matters......if a Nova engine was the currently world champion it could cost US$1000.00 and everybody would want one.....hopefully collari, salemi, tanaka, balestri or other top driver can change that....

well, everyone will defend their favorite brand......we can discuss about this subject till the end of our lifes, it's like soccer
Old 06-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

corse.....
I respect your opinion......and I'd like to say that i agree with you in many techinal points you comment around this forum......

when I refered to crankshaft breakage you may know very well waht engine i refered to.........you seem to be a fan of sirio engines as I can read on sirio engines topic, and YES, if you got an evo3 and haven't had any problem with its conrod or crankshaft you're a VERY LUCKY guy....not to mention the previous versions which seemed to work only for official drivers at WC events.......
Salvadori:

Please... go to the first pages of this thread and others and you may realize that I've been a long-term Novarossi user (in fact... I've been using Nova engines since 2002 with the exception of two Sirios I've bought in the meantime - let me recall how many I've bought during this 4 years... too many to mention, from RS12's to NS/NSR's, RR and LS for the .12 and beginning with an SP-1, RX21's/RX21WC's and a 321P not too bad for the last 4 years. I can prove it if you want a photo of them).

I'm not a fan of XXX or YYY brand. I use what I see thats competitive and of course available easily, when I'm saying something about an engine isn't hype or an obscure marketing move are bare facts and my words are behind a test on the track by myself.

Liked Nova ones, and if they were a minimum quality and reliability (not in long term... short to medium term) I'll continue using them, but to my eyes are sub-par vs. the price they cost. Dollar by dollar (or Euros) you get more in 'other brands' sad, but true.

Having problems like you told is a matter of knowing the engines and knowing what to do and how to do it (I'll not negate that 'other brands' had continous problems with their crankshafts, but were replaced and hasn't appeared another time that problem). People has a very selective memory and remembers what nightmare happened with the Evo2, but doesn't remembers/or doesn't want to remember what's happening with actual LS and LR models giving the ghost the P/S with very few tanks (got an LS that gave the ghost with 6 tanks and I'm not a newbie doing break-ins).
Old 06-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

One of my Novarossi and JP collections are over 2 years old now, maybe they worth of 10 gallons of fuel, two p/s/r replacement and 1 front bearing. I'm still using the same crankshaft, underhead, body and carburator.

I guess novarossi engines are not that bad . I'm satisfied with their performance and reliability. However, I also admit the sleeve is wearing too fast for my taste.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by asw7576
I guess novarossi engines are not that bad . I'm satisfied with their performance and reliability. However, I also admit the sleeve is wearing too fast for my taste.
Novarossi engines are not bad, reliability is number one. Still don't know why their pricing keeps raising every minute
Old 06-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've always ran Nova based engines.....Rb, novamega, mt12. But I've had the worst luck with the 321p. The compression doesn't last long at all. I broke it in on the track and at about 1.5 gallons the compression was weak. I rebuilt it and the same thing again so I gave up on it. But I wouldn't mind having that 35 plus 21. It's not microcast
Old 06-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by daniz24
Novarossi engines are not bad, reliability is number one. Still don't know why their pricing keeps raising every minute
Hurry up !! I need to buy JP or Novarossi p/s/r for NSR12S5 and N12LL5.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.