R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #961
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default For Sale

Hi guys, I have a less than one gallon great condition Novarossi NSR3 for sale:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1805659

Check it out. Thanks!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #962
Tech Rookie

Smile

I have been racing nova engines for some time they simply are the longest lasting, and best engines out. I will be ordering a new LL3 for my mtx3 prospec. My question is what is the best way to properly beak in the engine my LHS has done it in the past, But the service is no longer available. Everywhere I look I get a different answer, I have read about Cyrul's method but WOT seems scary. It does seem to have some suport. Any input or advice would be welcomed.
mugenmtx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #963
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can get a new connecting rod for my X12??? I have about 2 Gal of 30% thru it and was wondering if I should get a new piston and sleeve or at least a new wrist pin also?? I have already replaced the rod once after I ran 1 Gal thru it. It is still running great and thought that I should do some preventive maintinance before something breaks.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:51 AM   #964
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
Anyone know where I can get a new connecting rod for my X12??? I have about 2 Gal of 30% thru it and was wondering if I should get a new piston and sleeve or at least a new wrist pin also?? I have already replaced the rod once after I ran 1 Gal thru it. It is still running great and thought that I should do some preventive maintinance before something breaks.
It's a good idea to replace the rod but you can tell whether you need to replace it by moving the piston to TDC and see if the crank has play, or open the back of your engine cover to take a look.

Piston and sleeves lasts a lot longer, more like 7-8 gallons. As long as the compression is good you shouldn't worry about it.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:44 AM   #965
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Piston and sleeves lasts a lot longer, more like 7-8 gallons. As long as the compression is good you shouldn't worry about it.
Huh ? are you sure piston and sleeve could last 7 or 8 gallons ?

I know you are expert in this field, but In my case, my sleeve lost compression after 3 gln. ( not powerful ) Is it normal ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:27 AM   #966
Regional Moderator

Different condition, different track size, different temperature, different humidity, different sea level, all aspect matters. In tropical country, it is extremely good for an engine that can last more than 4-5 gallons or approx 6-8 hours of racing...
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:14 AM   #967
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Different condition, different track size, different temperature, different humidity, different sea level, all aspect matters. In tropical country, it is extremely good for an engine that can last more than 4-5 gallons or approx 6-8 hours of racing...
Yeah, it's true it depends on the size of track you run and weather condition. I also race in Taiwan in a big track and my engines lasts for 5+ gallons there.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #968
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenmtx3
I have been racing nova engines for some time they simply are the longest lasting, and best engines out. I will be ordering a new LL3 for my mtx3 prospec. My question is what is the best way to properly beak in the engine my LHS has done it in the past, But the service is no longer available. Everywhere I look I get a different answer, I have read about Cyrul's method but WOT seems scary. It does seem to have some suport. Any input or advice would be welcomed.
I think daniz24 got new technique to break in new engine. I'm not sure how he did it but it's combination of WOT & Heat Cycling.

I saw with my own eyes, my other two friends break in their JP FX5 a la daniz24. Their engines were very fast during the race, especially at long straight. I think they get 96 Celcius for maximum engine temp. Very nice temp at incredible speed and power.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #969
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
Is X12 engine = Novarossi NSR engine ?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #970
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Very close....the parts can be replaced by NSR parts (according from the manual of my X12)........but X12 timing (port position) is a little bit different then NSR, so the X12 P/S is not exactly the same as the NSR...but it can use NSR P/S.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #971
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Mugen X12 is more similar to Novarossi NS12 S3.
- Heat Sink: Novarossi is purple with 9 fins VS Mugen X12 is Gray with 11 fins.
- Piston/Liner: both are ABC
- Mugen X12 have a bit of work on Liner but not much.
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #972
Tech Master

Default Where can I find a good price on N12LL3?

Hi... All

I am looking for to buy Novarossi N12LL3. Does any have any recommend where can I find good price for this motor and must be willing to post in AUSTRALIA?

I ordered one from RC-MUSHROOM in Hong Kong. I paid for it and 3 days later they sent me an email said no stock.

Please send me email to jca2000au@yahoo.com to PM me.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2005, 09:44 PM   #973
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Plus after race engine cleaning and maintenance.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #974
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca2000au
Hi... All

I ordered one from RC-MUSHROOM in Hong Kong. I paid for it and 3 days later they sent me an email said no stock.

Please send me email to jca2000au@yahoo.com to PM me.

Thanks
Feel sorry for you too. Much complains already made in this forum about HK online shops service and attitude. Try Harmony Model Co. in HK by e-mail. Should be better.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:28 PM   #975
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
Feel sorry for you too. Much complains already made in this forum about HK online shops service and attitude. Try Harmony Model Co. in HK by e-mail. Should be better.
Hi... Piyo Piyo

Do you know they web site? I just send PM to you as well.

Regards,