R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2005, 11:06 PM   #886
Tech Adept
 
Fsturbo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 170
Send a message via AIM to Fsturbo15
Default

You will need to retune the engine,

thats it, I have changed fuels plently of times, I dont even idle the engine, I just retune and run it hard like I did with the old fuel.

Go with Byrons 30% or Mugen Seiki. (same as byrons)

That engine will wake up with Byrons, Byrons is the best fuel imo.
Fsturbo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:06 AM   #887
Tech Elite
 
Piyo Piyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Jakarta - INDONESIA
Posts: 3,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderfoot57
Hey all,

I have a nsr-12 and I have been running 35% nitro. It has 1.5 gallons through it and is running great. What will happen if I change to 30%. I am having trouble getting the fuel that I want in the 35%, that is why the change. I do realize the obvious, I am wondering about possible damage or severly shortened life.

Thanks Tenderfoot
You might feel a slight difference in performance going from 35 to 30%. Maybe you need to retune your engine a little bit. Lesser nitro will make your engine running cooler and slightly longer life.
__________________
VIOLA ARIELLE & FLOREN ISABELLE
Piyo Piyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #888
Tech Elite
 
Mie3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Posts: 4,201
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

quick question : what is the best .12 novarossi engine overall?
Mie3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:47 PM   #889
Tech Elite
 
suntok2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila Philippines
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mie3R
quick question : what is the best .12 novarossi engine overall?
N12LL5 M.Speed www.dogboneind.com
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #890
Tech Adept
 
Fsturbo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 170
Send a message via AIM to Fsturbo15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntok2
N12LL5 M.Speed www.dogboneind.com
The LL is not the best engine on all tracks.

It's good on small to medium tracks, the engine is mostly torque.
Fsturbo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:33 AM   #891
Tech Elite
 
suntok2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila Philippines
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsturbo15
The LL is not the best engine on all tracks.

It's good on small to medium tracks, the engine is mostly torque.
L5 yes but the LL5 we tried has a lot of rpm.
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:52 AM   #892
Tech Elite
 
Mie3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Posts: 4,201
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

still havent get the answer yet..
Mie3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:15 PM   #893
Tech Fanatic
 
SalvadoriRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brazil, Sao Paulo
Posts: 928
Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing
Default

LS12.....

the new engines are the best that novarossi offers, extremely consistent and a little bit faster than the previous NS series....
__________________
Salvadori Racing
www.salvadoriracing.com.br

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #894
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
Default

hey guys, i'm thinking to get a new engine. Currently I have an OS 12 TZ p 3port and it's dying! I am thinking to get a NSR5 what do you guys think? will this be a big improvement over my OS? I use 25% btw.
nero1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:33 PM   #895
Tech Elite
 
Mie3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Posts: 4,201
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero1943
hey guys, i'm thinking to get a new engine. Currently I have an OS 12 TZ p 3port and it's dying! I am thinking to get a NSR5 what do you guys think? will this be a big improvement over my OS? I use 25% btw.
definitely yes.. nsr5 port has more horse power compared to os tz3. this is base on technical data
Mie3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 01:25 PM   #896
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
Default

how's the reliability?
i have the TZ P 3port turbo
nero1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:10 PM   #897
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I am currently using a TZ 3 port. I want to "upgrade" to a N12LL3. Can anyone with this engine share some of his/her experience? How easy is it to tune this engine? speed/power? Thx.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:59 PM   #898
Tech Master
 
gentleman81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA Baby
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Sandra]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I know the 321PS is on road.[/QUOTE


Thanks Grinder
Whats up maryland crew, its craig from the vorra club
__________________
MTX4R/PICCO(Trophy Taker) - SERP 950/SIRIO(Board Breaker)
PHI '08 - to be announced.....
www.vorra.org - ironbridgesportspark.com - 301raceway*4LIFE*.com
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:20 PM   #899
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

there was alot of discussion about break in here recently. early in the year we started using break in stands (because we started carrying them)after of years of figuring it could not make any difference.(for years I could not justify the cost of serpents model) boy was I wrong. every engine we have used the break in stand on has been nothing of a rediculous missle and outlasts all our previous race motors by a large margin. The biggest thing we noticed was when it comes off the stand it is super smooth and free feeling. it also keeps the rod from getting beat to death while the piston and sleeve are getting broke in. I also started using a tired mule engine to break in the piston and sleeve and then installing it into the race motor giving 2 more tanks of break in. no sence wearing out the crank and rod breaking in the piston and sleeve. (life improved on the 12's from 6 to 10 gallons for us, I think our record is about 12)
If you haven't tried a stand its definatly worth it. we buzz a quart to a half gallon through them on the stand before they go in the cars.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:01 PM   #900
Tech Adept
 
aaalp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: istanbul - turkey
Posts: 196
Send a message via ICQ to aaalp Send a message via MSN to aaalp Send a message via Yahoo to aaalp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
there was alot of discussion about break in here recently. early in the year we started using break in stands (because we started carrying them)after of years of figuring it could not make any difference.(for years I could not justify the cost of serpents model) boy was I wrong. every engine we have used the break in stand on has been nothing of a rediculous missle and outlasts all our previous race motors by a large margin. The biggest thing we noticed was when it comes off the stand it is super smooth and free feeling. it also keeps the rod from getting beat to death while the piston and sleeve are getting broke in. I also started using a tired mule engine to break in the piston and sleeve and then installing it into the race motor giving 2 more tanks of break in. no sence wearing out the crank and rod breaking in the piston and sleeve. (life improved on the 12's from 6 to 10 gallons for us, I think our record is about 12)
If you haven't tried a stand its definatly worth it. we buzz a quart to a half gallon through them on the stand before they go in the cars.
Which brand break in bench is it the one that you are talking about?
aaalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sirio engines thread EVOLUTION Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2824 04-29-2014 11:58 AM
Axial Engines thread Axial Racing Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 164 10-06-2008 06:48 PM
RB engines thread CraigM Nitro Off-Road 7 01-05-2008 11:57 AM
JP Engines Thread DOMOisCOOL Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 2 02-16-2004 06:00 AM
OS engines thread EVOLUTION Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 44 02-11-2004 07:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0