R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Like Tree21Likes

Old 03-18-2005, 08:04 PM   #751
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

i wrote about the glowplug only because it's really the only difference.....

regular novarossi ns3 engines doesn't feature silicone filled cranks nor big heads......

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:24 AM   #752
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

my ns12s3a1 came with a turbo plug, 9 fin head and a non silicon filled crank.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:14 AM   #753
Tech Prophet

The newer NSR12 or RR12L crankshafts that I've seen as spares now have "extra" metal where you would usually put the "red silicone"... So now, I would think you only needed to smoothen that part with the dremel to create the air ramp because in stock form, that part is pretty rough...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:51 AM   #754
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2

Quote:
Originally posted by Striker
The box mine came in said ns12s3/a1. My engine has a standard plug, 9 fins and no silicon. I bought the engine new from a friend. It had been taken out of the box. He's a good person, so I know he didn't change anything. Maybe the wrong engine was put in the box in the first place.

I have no complantes with my engine. I was just wondering how it differed from the other ns12s3. Thanks for the help.
I sell engine in my country and all of my A1 have 11 fin and red silicon on the crankshaft. you can see it in my web site some picture. www.dogboneind.com
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:58 AM   #755
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by suntok2
I sell engine in my country and all of my A1 have 11 fin and red silicon on the crankshaft. you can see it in my web site some picture. www.dogboneind.com
When will this be for sale? " MSpeed modified Novarossi RR-12 Engine"

Thanks
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:02 AM   #756
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAJ
When will this be for sale? " MSpeed modified Novarossi RR-12 Engine"

Thanks
No stock @ this moment. We are still waiting for the new .12 Nova this end of march.
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:22 PM   #757
Tech Initiate

Default nova rossi NSR12S5

hi guys... any of u guys know which needle is the low end?
the black one or the gold one?
ferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:42 AM   #758
Tech Adept

Default dont touch the gold one

the black one is the one your after the gold one in the side of the carb body is for fine tuning the idle speed and there is no need to adjust it
KIMCOM RACING Driver #1
RC8B : REEDY 121 : Nitro-X fuel : Spektrum Radios
gkp5569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #759
Tech Initiate

oh ok... thanks alot..
ferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:37 PM   #760
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

I just bought a Novamega SX15 EV5 3 port and I was wondering if the parts are compatible with Novarossi CX15R/N or TX15R/N parts such as the crank, piston/sleeve, head button (or as Novamega calls it combustion chamber). etc. Thanx guys.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #761
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Default Need the info...

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out a bit. I just picked up a brand new Novarossi RS-12 S1 and I am trying to find out about it. It was too good of a price to pass up, so I figured I'd buy first and ask questions later. I can't recall hearing anything bad about ANY Rossi motor, so it was a pretty good gamble.

The motor box says 2003, so it goes to reason why I can't find any info on it. It's a 3-port, SG crank, purple head (I think standard plug), and that's about all I know on it.

Can anyone shed some more light on the details of this motor? Is is more suited to one type of track than another? Anything special I should know about it? It will be going into a short track dirt oval car, too.

With it being a motor no longer made, what P/S/R are best suited for eventual replacements? I think I may know where to find some RS P/Ss remaining out there, so I may pick those up just in case.

Looking forward to your input,

doug
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:39 PM   #762
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Need the info...

Quote:
Originally posted by ApexSpeed
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out a bit. I just picked up a brand new Novarossi RS-12 S1 and I am trying to find out about it. It was too good of a price to pass up, so I figured I'd buy first and ask questions later. I can't recall hearing anything bad about ANY Rossi motor, so it was a pretty good gamble.

The motor box says 2003, so it goes to reason why I can't find any info on it. It's a 3-port, SG crank, purple head (I think standard plug), and that's about all I know on it.

Can anyone shed some more light on the details of this motor? Is is more suited to one type of track than another? Anything special I should know about it? It will be going into a short track dirt oval car, too.

With it being a motor no longer made, what P/S/R are best suited for eventual replacements? I think I may know where to find some RS P/Ss remaining out there, so I may pick those up just in case.

Looking forward to your input,

doug
Palmaris BRB P/S sets will fit straight into to. The RS engines were good overall and should be quick on any track type. Im running a RS12 with BRB set and its still as quick as anything else on the track.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:45 PM   #763

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I have the same engine, production date is the same but my control code is N for what ever that's worth.
Dennis Richey told me the crankshaft is'nt very good, he had seen alot of breakage especially when modding. He said he seen some last 5 gallons of fuel some not last 5 mins. I think he said it has a 11mm crank and the later Rossi NRS-S3 has 11.5 mm cranks. I think Palmaris Racing also has a crankshaft that will drop right in.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:05 AM   #764
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by suntok2
No stock @ this moment. We are still waiting for the new .12 Nova this end of march.
Please notify when you have them available. Email me at : vl2.dy4@gmail.com

Thanks
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:46 AM   #765
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
I have the same engine, production date is the same but my control code is N for what ever that's worth.
Dennis Richey told me the crankshaft is'nt very good, he had seen alot of breakage especially when modding. He said he seen some last 5 gallons of fuel some not last 5 mins. I think he said it has a 11mm crank and the later Rossi NRS-S3 has 11.5 mm cranks. I think Palmaris Racing also has a crankshaft that will drop right in.
yep, we will have crankshafts available soon.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote