R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 12-29-2003, 11:22 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by NITROJUNK
HEY Stefan:

How about in the heart of summer.. 85-95 degrees? Still Hottest plug?
Yep,

I tried all the other plug that are recommended for hotter weather and always came back to the #5 and I race in Hotlanta..
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 06:52 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Since you guys have Novarossi engines, how many turns out from closed is the HSN and the LSN. I need help desperatly.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:42 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Factory setting RS12S3 Race

Dust,
I document all my new purchased engine settings as soon as I remove from box. Novarossi RS12S3 Race engine purchased early summer 2003.
HSN=3 1/2
LSN=2 1/4
Hope this helps.

RayA
TOOLING: http://www.rayaracing.com/prodtooling.htm
RayA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:26 PM   #64
Tech Rookie

Default new novarossi .12 competition longstroke

Novarossi long-stroke RR12L engine

News of a new Novarossi RR12L long-stroke competition .12 engine is beginning to surface. The new RR12L will be available in legal 3-port trim for sanctioned racing in the US and abroad, and it will also be available in a 5-port turbo configuration for outlaw classes and non-sanctioned racing.

The new RR12L features a bore of 13.7mm and a longer stroke of 14.25mm. The current NS12 engines have a 13.8mm bore and a 14.0mm stroke. Difference may not appear to be much, but relative to the engine size, it's a significant change.

The longer stroke will give the RR12 more bottom end punch, which will be ideal for 200mm touring cars.

Specs

legal 3-port
Bore: 13.7mm
Stroke: 14.25mm
Ports: 3 or 5
Glowplug: Standard plug for 3-port
Crank diameter: 11.5mm
Claimed bhp: 1.52 (3-port)

illegal 5-port
CAPACITY 2.1 c.c.
POWER 1.6 H.P.
RPM 43.500
STROKE 14.25m/m
BORE 13.70m/m
PORTS 5
SHAFT 11.5 mm
HEAD Turbo
need4speed4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:26 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Default Re: new novarossi .12 competition longstroke

Quote:
Originally posted by need4speed4
Novarossi long-stroke RR12L engine

News of a new Novarossi RR12L long-stroke competition .12 engine is beginning to surface. The new RR12L will be available in legal 3-port trim for sanctioned racing in the US and abroad, and it will also be available in a 5-port turbo configuration for outlaw classes and non-sanctioned racing.

The new RR12L features a bore of 13.7mm and a longer stroke of 14.25mm. The current NS12 engines have a 13.8mm bore and a 14.0mm stroke. Difference may not appear to be much, but relative to the engine size, it's a significant change.

The longer stroke will give the RR12 more bottom end punch, which will be ideal for 200mm touring cars.

Uhmmm....

Not for pinching your bubble, but aren't news here.... See for yourself.

Novarossi NRS-RR12L3??

Novarossi NRS-RR12L3??

Many of us have here one of those engines and are real fine, but... been there and talked about it.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:51 PM   #66
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Pre1960, you are the bomb! Thanks for the factory settings. You made my NEW YEAR.

Later,

-Dust
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:42 PM   #67
Tech Rookie

yah.. i new it was old news... but not a lot of people were talking about it, so i just thought i'd mention it.... anyway, its *$260(I made a mistake and said $160 in the 1st post... sorry about that)
need4speed4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 05:29 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Default Nova NSR 5 port Turbo

Has anybody got any experience with this engine? I m ordering one. What is the difference with the normal NS?
Old 01-03-2004, 06:50 AM   #69
Tech Apprentice

Hi,
I own a RB engine for about one year now. It was very reliable and had enough power but for that time it has lost some compression. As far as I know the cylinder has a chrome coatint,right. There was a guy that proposed to rechrome it and I was wondering if it will have some significant effect or not. It's quite cheap to do but I don't know if it will not charm my engine in some way. Any opinions are welcome.
Speed De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 01:22 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed De
Hi,
I own a RB engine for about one year now. It was very reliable and had enough power but for that time it has lost some compression. As far as I know the cylinder has a chrome coatint,right. There was a guy that proposed to rechrome it and I was wondering if it will have some significant effect or not. It's quite cheap to do but I don't know if it will not charm my engine in some way. Any opinions are welcome.
Yes, it is possible to rechrome it. First of all it has to be remove chrome plating, it is done in the same bath( the same technology as chroming), but with different polarity of curent. The sleeve has to be relaped to desired tapering and chrome it back. After that sleeve has to be laped ( grindened or honed) to final size and tapering. And on final satge piston has to be laped to fit in the sleeve.
I wouldn't do it, too much to do-remove chrome, lap, chrome again, lap again ( even I have sources for this processes).
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:36 AM   #71
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I've just gotten a NSR12S3, has anyone else got any experience with these?

What size prop would you use on a full race .12 for breaking-in?

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:05 AM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5

Install it directly on your car, do one tank at idle, and after this, go to the track, and run it rich, leaning it slowly let it cool off between tanks. Been break-in mine NSR and RR and love how they perform.

This engine needs/wants/likes more the heat (noticed that comes with the 'small' heatsink? Is because he runs hotter than the previous NS12. Is because the new piston, whitstands much better the heat that usually .12's suffer under the touring bodies.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 06:22 AM   #73
Tech Master

Quote:

Breaking in on a bench with prop is a good idea for initial runs. Not so hard on the engine. I would recommend you try a 6x4 or maybe push for a 7x5.

We use 9x6 props on the .21 engines.

But dont fully run it in on the prop. The engine will get used to the loading of the prop and may possibly struggle to perform properly when the proper loading of the car is introduced. Just put 2-3 tanks through it on the prop to get the internals seated without the excessive stress.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 11:30 PM   #74
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Thaks, I flew airplanes for a long time, and always used much bigger engines.

I think I will just put it in the car, tho. I need this to be a good engine. heheh

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:28 AM   #75
Tech Master

Quote:
Thaks, I flew airplanes for a long time, and always used much bigger engines.

I think I will just put it in the car, tho. I need this to be a good engine. heheh
I fly too. Find it relaxing after a really stressful week. I now scratchbuild and fly giant scale (70CC and above) but mainly only get to fly .46 sized aircraft from our current field (the farmer flies with us and lets us use his field in his back garden. I mean back garden. Final approach starts at the front of his house if the wind is the right direction. lol. Makes for fun).
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote