Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default NS12 Boca Bearing

I'm looking on the Bocas website and they have the 11.5x21x5 bearing but it's listed for the RS. Is this the one I need for the NS series? I know it's the right size but it has double rubber seals and the stock bearing has an open cage for the rear bearing. I'm ready to order this now. Here is what I"m looking at.

http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as....5C-2RU*TH9/C3
Old 11-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: NS12 Boca Bearing

Originally posted by mckrooz
I'm looking on the Bocas website and they have the 11.5x21x5 bearing but it's listed for the RS. Is this the one I need for the NS series? I know it's the right size but it has double rubber seals and the stock bearing has an open cage for the rear bearing. I'm ready to order this now. Here is what I"m looking at.

http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as....5C-2RU*TH9/C3
It should be fine. Seals you can take out, but there is problem, if you are planing to run ROAR, it won't work-it has ceramic balls.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey novaracers, I had a nightmare adjusting my new nsr3 to a race at 2500meters. frustating to see tc3s rtr plus making more power, damn they ran with 20 nitro, their engines at 220, and my nova sucket making less power and running hotter. help! what should I do to adjust the needles at this altitude,
running my nsr3 on a mtx3, rd turbo pipe, 30 sidewinder,
at sealevel my engine is a beast, with 3 1/4 low, middle 1 1/4 flush and high needle is 5, it´s a beast here but at 2500meters, does not perform well and its temp rises up to 280
Old 11-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

running 30% nitro you must shim your underhead with at least 0.40mm.........

the try 2.5 turns at the low speed needle and 4.5 to 5 turns at the main needle.....
Old 11-03-2004, 10:00 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Seisick
hey novaracers, I had a nightmare adjusting my new nsr3 to a race at 2500meters. frustating to see tc3s rtr plus making more power, damn they ran with 20 nitro, their engines at 220, and my nova sucket making less power and running hotter. help! what should I do to adjust the needles at this altitude,
running my nsr3 on a mtx3, rd turbo pipe, 30 sidewinder,
at sealevel my engine is a beast, with 3 1/4 low, middle 1 1/4 flush and high needle is 5, it´s a beast here but at 2500meters, does not perform well and its temp rises up to 280
What plug are you using, and what size head shim are you using right now??

AFM
Old 11-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

i forgot to mention....

to get optimum performance you should try the EFRA 2601 pipe.....doesn't matter if it's novarossi, rex or top......the novamax or rb 2602 and 2604 pipes are the same.....

i don't race at 2500mts but i can assure you that the plugs 6F and 7F will work.....
Old 11-03-2004, 10:25 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
running 30% nitro you must shim your underhead with at least 0.40mm.........

the try 2.5 turns at the low speed needle and 4.5 to 5 turns at the main needle.....
NO, NO....at high altitude you must raise compression ratio, not reduce it. There is several ways, either raise nitro contents, or use a thinner shim, or both. That is why I'm asking what shim is he using right now. And plug will have to be determined later, because it will affect ignition timing. High altitude (less air density)tuning is completely different than sea level (higher air density), so carburation will definetively will be leaner, but it has to be done step by step stating from base carburation. Here in Peru we've even raced at 3,300 mts. Now the kings in high altitude tuning are Mexican drivers.

AFM
Old 11-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

i told him to raise compression due to the high nitro content......

and if the mexican driver are the kings in high altitude they would placed at least one driver in a top spot at the 1/8 WC in Toluca....hauaaauhauhauhuahhaahuhau!
Old 11-03-2004, 01:20 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
i told him to raise compression due to the high nitro content......

and if the mexican driver are the kings in high altitude they would placed at least one driver in a top spot at the 1/8 WC in Toluca....hauaaauhauhauhuahhaahuhau!
NO , you told him to lower compression ratio by putting a .40mm shim. If you want a higher compression ratio, you need a thinner shim. If standard Nova based engines come with .30mm shim, he should go to .20mm shim at least, if not lower.

About Mexican drivers.......I said "kings tuning their engines for high altitude", didn't say anything about their driving skills. And you know how tough it is to race at a worlds event......did any Brasilian driver placed in a high spot at the 200mm worlds in Jundiai???

AFM
Old 11-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey alfonso,thanks for your concern, for the shim Im running it stock but if it helps i also have the rb .1 shims which fit perfectly, then for what I´ve read I should put 2 .1mm shims to make it .2 right and take out the stock one that as you wrote is .30. for plug I used there the 7f. weather temps are around 50-70f. with drastic changes in between. helll I could feel the difference between 2 runs with the weather dropping in a lapse of five minutes.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Topgun and Mckrooz: Ceramic bearings ARE Roar legal.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Need a little help please.

I have a new idm .12 3port and breakin is finished and running well. On inspection of the plug the coils are shiny but are distorted a little. not in the too high compression/too hot pushed in way but kinda pulling out of the plug body a little bit. I had read on another thread this could be from a pipe that is moving too much air? I am using 7mm zac pipe. could this be my problem and if so can i put a 5.2 mm restrictor on the stinger or will that cause more problems?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:52 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Seisick
hey alfonso,thanks for your concern, for the shim Im running it stock but if it helps i also have the rb .1 shims which fit perfectly, then for what I´ve read I should put 2 .1mm shims to make it .2 right and take out the stock one that as you wrote is .30. for plug I used there the 7f. weather temps are around 50-70f. with drastic changes in between. helll I could feel the difference between 2 runs with the weather dropping in a lapse of five minutes.
Well normally engine comes with an aluminum .30mm head shim. Have you checked what shim(s) came with your engine??
And yes those RB copper shims .10mm will fit perfectly, but allways check what came with your engine before changing.

Temps in the 23.6ºC and 33ºC range changing that fast...wow!!!, and I must asume humidity is very low also...so we have a hot dry weather scenario....so a 7f should work, but since you're using 30% Nitro and will raise compression I'd try an 8F.

From there readjust your carb. You'll probably need to lean it from what you normally use at sea level, and if still you feel your car is boging and strugling (even with good carb tune and reasonable temp), I'd try shorter gear ratios (even at sea level), because these high revving new crop of engines love to work with short ratios. I'm currently using 20/59, 25/54 (0.8 modules) at our track and my car is flying (at sea level). What gear ratio are you using??
What size is main straight?? Ours is 55mts long.

Hope these helps, and keep me posted

AFM
Old 11-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcosmax
I am using 7mm zac pipe. could this be my problem and if so can i put a 5.2 mm restrictor on the stinger or will that cause more problems?
What's the length of the pipe and manifold combo? Is yours a two piece pipe? Try making it slightly longer. You could also add 0.1 mm shim under the combustion chamber head. What is the stock shims that come with the IDM?
Old 11-03-2004, 08:00 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcosmax
Need a little help please.

I have a new idm .12 3port and breakin is finished and running well. On inspection of the plug the coils are shiny but are distorted a little. not in the too high compression/too hot pushed in way but kinda pulling out of the plug body a little bit. I had read on another thread this could be from a pipe that is moving too much air? I am using 7mm zac pipe. could this be my problem and if so can i put a 5.2 mm restrictor on the stinger or will that cause more problems?

Thanks for your help.
Could also be because of header beeing to short. Also i'd reduce stinger first to 6mm and then to 5.2mm and compare.

AFM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.