Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mick8488
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying a Mito .12 WC. I have a stock Mito and it runs great, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with the WC version? Is it any more powerful and will it make 5 minutes?

Cheers,
Mick
Hi Mick,
Novarossi's always make 5 minutes. That is one of the many benefits of choosing NR engines. Many other manufacturers are also quick but don't do 5 minutes and so for me is a waste of time. The WC mito is exactly what Dominic Greiner used at the worlds in Gubbio last year to win (many spent days trying to get 5 minutes at the Gubbio track but Dominic had it from the very first run). If you like the stock engine the WC will also impress you.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Hi Mick,
Novarossi's always make 5 minutes. That is one of the many benefits of choosing NR engines. Many other manufacturers are also quick but don't do 5 minutes and so for me is a waste of time. The WC mito is exactly what Dominic Greiner used at the worlds in Gubbio last year to win (many spent days trying to get 5 minutes at the Gubbio track but Dominic had it from the very first run). If you like the stock engine the WC will also impress you.
Thanks Dan, that gives me a bit more confidence. I am also considering a Max Power XP 3.9WE but they're difficult to find and more pricey than the Nova. Do you know much about these engines?

Also, with the Mito WC, the only real difference I can find between it and the stock Mito is it's 10g lighter and has an improved crankshaft for better fuel flow and performance, Nova claims. RPM, bore and stroke are all the same specs. I just don't know if it's going to really be noticeable on the track.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mick8488
Thanks Dan, that gives me a bit more confidence. I am also considering a Max Power XP 3.9WE but they're difficult to find and more pricey than the Nova. Do you know much about these engines?

Also, with the Mito WC, the only real difference I can find between it and the stock Mito is it's 10g lighter and has an improved crankshaft for better fuel flow and performance, Nova claims. RPM, bore and stroke are all the same specs. I just don't know if it's going to really be noticeable on the track.
Lets put it this way Dominic Greiner went from Max Power to Novarossi as he had many of the Max engines fail - the customer support element is also non existent. I also had a buddy who ran Max early last year for a couple ENS meetings and the engines were just flat. You'll be better off with the MITO. Another option could be the Daniele Ielasi Tuned engines and he's just about to release a new engine which is based heavily on the MITO but with his hand tuning. It'll rock!
Old 02-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Lets put it this way Dominic Greiner went from Max Power to Novarossi as he had many of the Max engines fail - the customer support element is also non existent. I also had a buddy who ran Max early last year for a couple ENS meetings and the engines were just flat. You'll be better off with the MITO. Another option could be the Daniele Ielasi Tuned engines and he's just about to release a new engine which is based heavily on the MITO but with his hand tuning. It'll rock!
Interesting. I've been looking into the Ielasi Tuned engines. Their new engine was only just released a few days ago but can't seem to find any info on it just yet. I've had a bad experience with Murnan Modified Novas in the past, primarily because they could not make 5 minutes. I'm concerned another modified Nova would give me the same issues.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Its been a while since Ive broken in a Nova 12., a Mito 12A in this case. I started it up and it got stuck once, after that it would start right up. Whats bothering me is that after 4 easy tanks it feels like theres very little pinch, and AFAIR the used to be much more pinch at the beginning. I took it apart fearing scratches, but the piston looks great, it has that dull gray look all the way around, and sleeve looks nice and shiny. Are they faster to break in these days? Im freaking out a little
Old 03-21-2017, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Right pipe and manifold?

Just bought a keep off 21-4 with 9901 pipe and 41021 manifold. Running on med size track, technical with turn into jumps,single doubles etc.. and one long 150 ft back raising straight. This combo was suggested by a top local racer. Now reading this form maybe a far better pipe combo??? Lhs hasn't put order in yet
Old 03-28-2017, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by powerpig
Just bought a keep off 21-4 with 9901 pipe and 41021 manifold. Running on med size track, technical with turn into jumps,single doubles etc.. and one long 150 ft back raising straight. This combo was suggested by a top local racer. Now reading this form maybe a far better pipe combo??? Lhs hasn't put order in yet
This is a link to the off road novarossi thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...hread-629.html
Old 04-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default novarossi virtus 21 piston

Hi Guys,
I need help...do you happen to know where I can buy virtus onroad 21 piston only?
I broke the bottom part of it so the sleeve is still good.

thanks

M
Old 04-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Tech Lord

Nope, no chance to buy a piston only, you have to get a P/S set.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default Novarossi keepoff 21-7XL +9901+4102

Ok getting back into rc after a long break. I have a novarossi keepoff 21-7XL with 9901 pipe and4102 header new. Going in a mbx7tr. Questions how do the keepoff like to tune anything special? Also I have a square 4105 header. Which would be better? Looking for smooth and fuel mileage. Also my friend that sold me the motor has 5.4 carb venturi in it. I have some old nova carb venturi. From when I use to run a plus4t.sizes 7.0 7.5 8.0 Are they the same for this carb and what size should I run? And finally plugs. Is the C6 still best to use. Any help I would appreciate it. Nobody runs nova at my local track anymore. But i use to only run nova. So that's why I came back to nova. One last thing. How bad does a dented up pipe affect performance. I have a old 9853. In rough shape but i remember it use to make my plus 4s run really good.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mkristanto
Hi Guys,
I need help...do you happen to know where I can buy virtus onroad 21 piston only?
I broke the bottom part of it so the sleeve is still good.

thanks

M
As long as the pinston still fully cover the exhaust port at TDC, it still can use.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

We have Novarossi products in stock. Check us out
Old 04-26-2017, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ? On glow plug

For the FLASH .21 PT/A calls for a Glowplug: Turbo (C8TGH) From my understanding this is a very cold plug I was told its better to run #7 or even a #6 so I just wanted to verify.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2017, 03:20 PM
Tech Lord

With standard shims and 25% or more nitro you have to run the 8 plug, a 7 can be too critical to stay alive at a sharp tuning.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
With standard shims and 25% or more nitro you have to run the 8 plug, a 7 can be too critical to stay alive at a sharp tuning.
Thanks Roelof for the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.