Originally posted by c1 racin
It came with a 6, but I'm don't know if its a c6tgc or a c6tgf ....... and do you know the difference between them and and c6tc / c6tf??
ABOUT TURBO GLOW PLUGS
Turbo Glow Plugs where designed to give more performance to an engine, for the following reasons:
· It forms an uninterrupted combustion chamber.
· The advantage of better heat transfer or heat dissipation, and a leak proof seal, generated by the conical seat of the plug.
· The greater choice of thermal ranges, that allow for more precise tuning according to variations in weather conditions (temperature, humidity, height, barometric pressure, etc.).
The numbers and characters on the plugs, are the product number, wire thickness, and thermal range of the plug’s body. Example: The Mega Turbo 2315 6TF
§ Product Number: 2315
§ Wire Thickness: 6
§ Plug Type: T (Turbo)
§ Thermal Range: F (Fredda)(Cold)
The plugs with cold thermal range F(Fredda), have a body with thinner walls, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head. So because of that:
· When the ambient temperature is high, we have to use a plug with thicker wire.
· Humidity determines if we use a Cold (F) thermal range, or Hot (C)(Calda) thermal range.
· With high humidity percentage we should use a Hot (C) thermal range plug.
· If we have high temperature and high humidity, we should use a plug with thick wire and a Hot(C) thermal range.
The best instrument to determine which Turbo Plug to use, is those weather panels they sell for Yachts, that have Temp, Humidity and Barometric Pressure on them. Have it calibrated at your local weather station, and bingo, you’re ready like the Pros.
That is the key to success or failure tuning engines with Turbo Glow Plugs, because they are so sensitive to weather variations that is unbelievable.
Following is a selection chart for Novarossi Turbo Glow Plugs:
TypeThermal Range Nitro%Temp.CHumidity%
C5TGCHot/hot wire10-20 0-10 70-100
C6TGCHot/average wire10-20 10-16 70-100
C7TGCHot/cold wire20-30 16-25 70-100
C8TGCHot/ultra cold wire 20-30 25-up 70-100
C5TGFCold/hot wire20-30 0-10 40-70
C6TGFCold/average wire20-30 10-15 40-70
C7TGFCold/cold wire 20-up 16-25 40-70
C8TGFCold/ultra cold wire 20-up 25-up 40-70