R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Like Tree33Likes

Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #4276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip67vdub View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the Nova Turbo Glow plugs, particularly "C8TGH"? According to Nova's site, the new Flash and Keep On .21 motors use this type. Is it possible to use a "C7TGH" on these motors? Your help is greatly appreciated.
The glow plugs on Nova's site is only a recommendation that may not be the absolute best for any local conditions. You need to try to find which plugs work best, for everything including run time. I don't know if it's of any help to you, but the document in the file attachment may be of some assistance to you.

You shouldn't have much trouble finding them: all the better RC stores in Honkers usually stock them. you could try http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...w-plug-p-20826 or E-Bay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Novarossi...9#ht_500wt_922. By the way C8TGC is the same as C8TGH (C = Calda which means H = Hot).

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Novarossi Turbo Glow Plugs.pdf (18.8 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by Chickentrader; 04-15-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #4277
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
After break-in and a cool down period there is a little bit of grow in the piston, so the text time you fire it up a pre-heat is adviseabel but also a short run in proces could be needed to take away the grow. and beside that all I think you have to try other fuel.
Thanks roelof........... I'm using Odonnel Speed Blend Fuel 25%.

I checked the manifold......... Its very dark with lots of carbon build up inside the manifold.

My friend advice me to boiled the manifold and pipe later at home, and try again. I accepted his theory about engine backdraft and carbon build up.

However I'm worried the engine has problem with crankshaft or main bearing. The engine was brand new...... but it already took 2 piston sleeve in 1 month
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #4278
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

I do not think so. It looks like the pistons still were to tight in the sleeve so the run-in proces was not finished well or you did not warm up the engine very well before going to performance.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #4279
Tech Champion

Quote:
I do not think so. It looks like the pistons still were to tight in the sleeve so the run-in proces was not finished well or you did not warm up the engine very well before going to performance.
Huh ?

I have 1 more brand new sydney kanggoro. I already break in that engine last sunday......, including break in on the track.

However, for the next race meeting, I'm going to use brand new manifold and pipe. Let see what will happen then. ....... IF the engine scratch again, I think your theory is right. IF nothing happen, I think the dirty manifold and pipe theory is correct.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #4280
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Huh ?

I have 1 more brand new sydney kanggoro. I already break in that engine last sunday......, including break in on the track.

However, for the next race meeting, I'm going to use brand new manifold and pipe. Let see what will happen then. ....... IF the engine scratch again, I think your theory is right. IF nothing happen, I think the dirty manifold and pipe theory is correct.
Roelof is correct. You did not heat up the engine enough, and you need to break it in longer before you lean it out. Also add oil to the fuel until it is fully broken in. Usually 3/4 to a gallon. I'd recommend adding 200cc of castor oil a gallon to your fuel for at least 3/4 of a gallon. Wrapping the head in foil for a half gallon will also help.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #4281
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip67vdub View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the Nova Turbo Glow plugs, particularly "C8TGH"? According to Nova's site, the new Flash and Keep On .21 motors use this type. Is it possible to use a "C7TGH" on these motors? Your help is greatly appreciated.
I don't know where you are located but if in the USA, then your dealer can order it from us, Desoto Racing.
desotoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #4282
Tech Addict

Would like to thank Desoto Racing for recommending the Keep on .21, i may have not won the race this past weekend but it wasnt because of lack of power. these things are monsters! Havent been this pleased with a engines performance in a long time.
J-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #4283
kmh
Tech Addict

Default Kangaroo

I just wanted to say after 2 years of racing my Kangaroo(stock), it continues to impress me. The only thing I have ever changed was the rod once. I was careful during breakin on the bench,keep it clean, and use JP after run oil after every race. This has been the best .21 motor I have ever had and I have had many. It continues to be very fast and reliable. Thanks Novarossi. Ken H.
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #4284
Tech Addict

Kangaroo is a great engine and is plenty of powerful too, have a couple in my box also.
J-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #4285
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anybody knows what max pipe is equlivant to the 2015 and 5 fin manifold?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #4286
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

2018, med header
Old 04-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #4287
Tech Elite

Default Titanium screws

Hey

Is it ok to use titanium screws in the engine to replace the stock screws?

BM
Old 04-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #4288
Tech Champion

Why? To save 2 gram?
Old 04-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #4289
Tech Elite

Quote:
Why? To save 2 gram?
Lol .. yes. But with new ceramics, skimmed alu' parts and those Titanium screws, I'm looking at saving over 20 g ......

Was that a yes ... .you can use titanium screws ok?

BM
Old 04-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #4290
Tech Champion

Backplate is no problem, the headscrews I do not know, I do not think Titanium is the right material to tighten them a lot.

You wanna loose weight? The 1st thing is try to loose rotating mass, I already have lost 20 gram with the clutch and brakedisc and that is a lot that close to the source. 1 gram on the clutch is like 5 gram at the wheels