R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #4096
Tech Fanatic
 
Pirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nueva Ecija
Posts: 808
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Pirty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
No. The piston/sleeve is not interchangeable, only the rod is.
ok sir. thanks
__________________
SIG KADET SENIOR - YAK 54 30cc - Super Air
RDS-8000
Pirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #4097
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 5,614
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
i by the way, do you have idea if the conrod of the exceed's 21 is the same as the one with the picco's torque(sorry for off topic) no one is able to answer this, they are just there to sell the engines only. thanks again.
The Mega/Exeed DS4 is the same build as the Picco EVO4 so all can be exchanged, if the rod of a Torque is the same as the EVO4, that I can not tell...
__________________
Speed is only fiction but a 130+km/h MRS4 is for real.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #4098
Tech Master
 
choisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,216
Default

thanks! it will be my 2nd choice after my speed II. Novarossi seems too expensive on parts cost compared with os.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #4099
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 300
Default C7TGH plugs

Anyone have any experience with using these new plugs?

What makes the C7TGH plugs different from the C7TGF plugs?

According to Novarossi's website, the C7TGH plugs are meant for ambient temps of only 0 to 10 deg C??

If the above is correct ,then I purchased the wrong plugs?

If anyone has used these plugs for ambient temp range between 15 to 30 deg C, I'd like to know whether they worked fine or not.

Thx!!
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #4100
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
Anyone have any experience with using these new plugs?

What makes the C7TGH plugs different from the C7TGF plugs?

According to Novarossi's website, the C7TGH plugs are meant for ambient temps of only 0 to 10 deg C??

If the above is correct ,then I purchased the wrong plugs?

If anyone has used these plugs for ambient temp range between 15 to 30 deg C, I'd like to know whether they worked fine or not.

Thx!!
I don't understand why it recommends 7 plugs for conditions that cold, and I haven't noticed that on the website. F stands for "Fredda" and H stands for Hot (same as C), and the difference is the thickness of the plugs body. The plugs with cold thermal range F, have a body with thinner walls and shorter body, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head.

According to the information that I have 7H plugs are for much warmer weather than that. You can check the file attachment for the information that I always have referred to. I hope that anyone that disagrees or have better information will share it here, so we can all learn.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Novarossi Turbo Glow Plugs.pdf (18.8 KB, 260 views)
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #4101
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
I don't understand why it recommends 7 plugs for conditions that cold, and I haven't noticed that on the website. F stands for "Fredda" and H stands for Hot (same as C), and the difference is the thickness of the plugs body. The plugs with cold thermal range F, have a body with thinner walls and shorter body, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head.

According to the information that I have 7H plugs are for much warmer weather than that. You can check the file attachment for the information that I always have referred to. I hope that anyone that disagrees or have better information will share it here, so we can all learn.
Appreciate the info!!!

The chart below is what confused me...it indicates that the #8 plug is the way to go...
Attached Thumbnails
Novarossi engines thread-nov_plugs.png  
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #4102
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 393
Default

Flash 12 C6TGF

Flash 21
35+
Kangaroo C8TGH


We use these two plugs all year round.
desotoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #4103
Tech Elite
 
speedy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,696
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I rebuild my JP B5N engine
new S21 body with fresh bearings and button, new R7 rod
28002 turbo insert, O'Donnell coolinghead
+ filled crank, piston/sleeve from the 15 liters JP B5
runs like new..

__________________
//JQ The Car forever/ Soar-Graupner//Protek-Ace-JR

Last edited by speedy2; 06-18-2011 at 12:41 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #4104
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desotoracing View Post
Flash 12 C6TGF

Flash 21
35+
Kangaroo C8TGH


We use these two plugs all year round.
Thanks for the info!

Does your team have any experience with using the C7TGH with Flash21? If so, what are the drawbacks? Will they run equally well in our climate?

Appreciate!!
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #4105
Tech Master
 
ralphierace13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,828
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Does the special coating on the new pts slow down or even stop the amount of carbon that should build on the piston?
__________________
RALPH FORTUNATO
MUGEN SEIKI MRX6 TEAM DRIVER
Futaba 4PK-S-R, Novarossi Team Driver, CONTACT TIRES
Byron Fuel, Veytrex Desgin Labs
2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 CHAMPION!!
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #4106
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
Does the special coating on the new pts slow down or even stop the amount of carbon that should build on the piston?
Not related. /still have carbon built up on the coating, and the coating will be faded.
__________________
GP: Mugen MRX-6, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0
Engine: Tesla 7 port on-road, Tesla 5 port GT, Rody VS02, OS 2101
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #4107
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 188
Default pipe and manifold for .21 PT

I heard 2015 is not a good match. What are the best pipe and manifold combos for the .21 PT.
raceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #4108
Tech Regular
 
rias5037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

You guys know what engine button from novarossi will fit in my max xxl3 .12?
__________________
Serpent 747, Max .12 xxl3, Nova 2630, Contact-rc.
rias5037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #4109
Tech Elite
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,580
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
Does the special coating on the new pts slow down or even stop the amount of carbon that should build on the piston?
im not sure on the pts, but i did notice on my jp the powermaster fuel leaves almost NO carbon behind at all, a engine guru told me it had to do with the type of oil they use, synthetic vs amount of castor within, not sure of all the geometry , but im pretty sure its the powermaster fuel, i noticed it in a second engine as well.. i was thinking to add a touch of castor to each gallon, to aid in the carbon building!!
__________________
Thinking on maybe a Tekno 1/8 Nitro Buggy?
TommyBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #4110
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,683
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
Thanks for the info!

Does your team have any experience with using the C7TGH with Flash21? If so, what are the drawbacks? Will they run equally well in our climate?

Appreciate!!
For me, it has more to do with track than temp, though temp matters too.

Long straights, you need an 8 no matter what the temp is. Anything hotter is just going to get destroyed by all that sustained rpm.

Shorter straights, I usually run a 7 and sometimes even a six, especially if the weather is cool.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sirio engines thread EVOLUTION Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2824 04-29-2014 10:58 AM
Axial Engines thread Axial Racing Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 164 10-06-2008 05:48 PM
RB engines thread CraigM Nitro Off-Road 7 01-05-2008 10:57 AM
JP Engines Thread DOMOisCOOL Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 2 02-16-2004 05:00 AM
OS engines thread EVOLUTION Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 44 02-11-2004 06:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net