R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #4021
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

If you want to save money why not going for a N21-7T it is basicly the same as the Kangaroo.

At our club we are running the N21-5T as a "stock motor" and that thing runs very well, with some modding it does run insaine.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #4022
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
If you want to save money why not going for a N21-7T it is basicly the same as the Kangaroo.

At our club we are running the N21-5T as a "stock motor" and that thing runs very well, with some modding it does run insaine.
i pay really cheap for a tuned kanga and its tuned so dont need any work..

oh i got a set of boca ceramic bearings poped them in before and tightened the flywheel down and the crank turns very tight took them out measured everything and its all the same does anyone know y thins happens?
Byron Fuel, Veytrex Desgin Labs
2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 CHAMPION!!
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #4023
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post

oh i got a set of boca ceramic bearings poped them in before and tightened the flywheel down and the crank turns very tight took them out measured everything and its all the same does anyone know y thins happens?
My guess would be that the engine bearings were not installed right. Was the crank smooth with the old bearings??? If not then bearings may not be the issue. Or if so maybe when you installed one was a small bit off. How did you install them?? Drop them in with the case hot or drive them in with a bearing driver. Also you can damage the bearings by applying force to the inner raceway when installing. I have seen when they are installed incorrect all you need is a few thousandth's and the bearing is damaged and the crankshaft is not aligned correct. Just a idea.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #4024
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
My guess would be that the engine bearings were not installed right. Was the crank smooth with the old bearings??? If not then bearings may not be the issue. Or if so maybe when you installed one was a small bit off. How did you install them?? Drop them in with the case hot or drive them in with a bearing driver. Also you can damage the bearings by applying force to the inner raceway when installing. I have seen when they are installed incorrect all you need is a few thousandth's and the bearing is damaged and the crankshaft is not aligned correct. Just a idea.
i think i know what the problem is i just dont know y, the inner raceway gets pushed in alittle when u tighten the flywheel down, so the outer edge of the crankshaft is rubbing against the outer raceway of the bearing.. now y i dont know, is it a defect in the bearing? is what i dont know, i use the grp bearing installer and have done this a million times never had this problem, but i will get boca to send a new one and retry it.. keep ya posted
Old 03-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #4025
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post

THATS OFROAD, AND THE ONROADS ARE 100G LIGHTER, ITS NOT SO MUCH SAVING MONEY ITS JUST I HAVE A NEW 200$ maxpowerxl9tq crank that i can throw in a kangaroo ralley, and itll be sick!!! and murnans modding the sleeve, see where im heading, unless that motor u showed me weighs less than the kangaroo ralley, has SAME p/s/r set, and a 14mm crank i can use..or cheaper than the roo ralley im in!!! who has em in usa, and are they on or offroad motors? lastlly weight? thanx roe!!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #4026
Tech Elite

NOVAROSSI PIPE SET 9901SS &41021 LIKE NEW!!!!

sorry

or Trade For a NEW 9886 Novarossi pipe, same coupling-spring style as this... no header just pipe!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #4027
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
THATS OFROAD, AND THE ONROADS ARE 100G LIGHTER, ITS NOT SO MUCH SAVING MONEY ITS JUST I HAVE A NEW 200$ maxpowerxl9tq crank that i can throw in a kangaroo ralley, and itll be sick!!! and murnans modding the sleeve, see where im heading, unless that motor u showed me weighs less than the kangaroo ralley, has SAME p/s/r set, and a 14mm crank i can use..or cheaper than the roo ralley im in!!! who has em in usa, and are they on or offroad motors? lastlly weight? thanx roe!!
The N21-xT basic line are onroad engines. The 5T is near close to the faster engines, the timings on the sleeve are perfect and a MAX crankshaft will make it fast.

To give you an idea: (on the frontpage)
http://www.rccar24.de/
Old 03-24-2011, 06:05 AM   #4028
Tech Regular

Default Desoto - Novarossi @ Worlds

Desoto Racing will be at the Worlds in Homestead. Anyone needing parts or help can stop by our track shop. Also, you can pre-order motors, pipes, tires, parts... for delivery at the track on Wednesday or Thursday.

info@desotoracing.com, www.serpentamerica.com
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #4029
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Nova glow plugs

Hi, i'm running the nova 35plus21LCWC09 engine.

The recommended plug is C7TGF which is the short body type.

Does using the long body C7TC affects the performance of the engine?

Had anybody tried using OS RP7 plugs on the nova?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
nitro_fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #4030
Tech Champion

The OS 8 runs very good on Nova's
Old 03-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #4031
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Roelof,what about N21-7t?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #4032
Tech Champion

I have seen one running and it runs fine but can not say anything about its timings compared with others although I do believe the partnumber of the crankshaft is the same as from the 5T, I thought I have seen that on the exploded views.

In the basic the populair JP P7L was based on this engine, if you look arround ebay probably you will find a brandnew P7L. It would not supprise me it has the same P/S set as the Kangaroo.

From what I know the 5T uses the same buttonhead as the Kangaroo and from what I do remember well is that the carb of the 5T has a different LSN than the 7T
Old 03-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #4033
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:

Ralph

In my opinion Aftermarket bearings are good way to ruin perfectly good engine. I have had very bad experience with aftermarket bearing quality (Tko and Boca).

I think I have pic of the exploded ball missing from the race and demo job it did on an engine. However it made nice 400$ paper weight. Bearing had less than 1 fuel bottle thru it before it exploded. I should have known better as fit was poor and similar to what you are describing. Take them out and get Nova bearings not worth it.

I have yet to find good source of engine bearings other than nova oem replacement bearings.

Good luck.

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #4034
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Gonzalez View Post
Ralph

In my opinion Aftermarket bearings are good way to ruin perfectly good engine. I have had very bad experience with aftermarket bearing quality (Tko and Boca).

I think I have pic of the exploded ball missing from the race and demo job it did on an engine. However it made nice 400$ paper weight. Bearing had less than 1 fuel bottle thru it before it exploded. I should have known better as fit was poor and similar to what you are describing. Take them out and get Nova bearings not worth it.

I have yet to find good source of engine bearings other than nova oem replacement bearings.

Good luck.

Jamie

yeah jamie u are 100% right there on there way back to boca!!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #4035
Tech Elite

Quote:
yeah jamie u are 100% right there on there way back to boca!!
really Ive run several tko's no problem, and Boca's are supposedly better, quick q, and i know u have plenty more know how than me ralph, but with the ceramics, tko's especially, i was told u have to let them warm up real slow before blippin engine, as it cause "flatspots" knowing that i purchased a competition heater for the head, running tko's in a particular off-road motor for 6 gallons NOT a HICCUP bro...but i was told about the ceramic bearings skidding when engine is not heated up to running temp and was told early on, when engines hot, THAN you can blip, just a precautionary with ceramic bearings that i dont think everyone knows about...lmk if that could be the case if so, tell them you preheated etc etc ...lol...

tommy