Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The one with less is of course lighter but I believe it will have less roll resistance. Which is what I would rather have.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
also i been told the new head on the flash makes it run alittle hotter if u have the old flash head better to use it..
Wrong, it does not run hotter. It read a higher temp because your temp probe is closer to the glow plug. Actually the lower heads have an extra fin.

Myself and some others Factory Novarossi drivers have tested this head for both sedan and 1/8 scale since the last summer. There is absolutely no problem with reliability, temp and performance of the engine. We even use this heads in Houston, last summer in the sedans!!

The BIG advantage is the lower CG. The Head of the engine is a heavy part of the car that sits high (after the body shell, of course).
By Lowering this one, the handling of the car improves a lot.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Wrong, it does not run hotter. It read a higher temp because your temp probe is closer to the glow plug. Actually the lower heads have an extra fin.

Myself and some others Factory Novarossi drivers have tested this head for both sedan and 1/8 scale since the last summer. There is absolutely no problem with reliability, temp and performance of the engine. We even use this heads in Houston, last summer in the sedans!!

The BIG advantage is the lower CG. The Head of the engine is a heavy part of the car that sits high (after the body shell, of course).
I tested with the F21 PT, the new head is really in high temperature, BUT, the overall temperature is very stable, no matter how I drive, rich/lean, the temp keep constant around 120C.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

paolo do u know how much higher is the differance in temp, i just ordered the motor and would help if i knew...

thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

the head being lowered that little, really effects the handeling that much??
Old 03-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
To an extent, definitely!
As alot of people have said, the lower you can get the CoG, the flatter and faster you can go through corners (being within all the limitations)
Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Tech Lord

Maybe for the top 30 world class racers as with electrics those guys can notice a difference if the electric motor is placed a few mm forward. The avarage racer will not notice a thing.....

The few holes Novarossi is drilling in their previous heads are just a few gram. I have drilled 16 holes of 4mm into a head and it did save just 5 gram.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Maybe for the top 30 world class racers as with electrics those guys can notice a difference if the electric motor is placed a few mm forward. The avarage racer will not notice a thing.....
In 1/12th I can feel the difference in just a 6 tooth difference in spur, and subsequent pinion change, which moves the motor forward maybe 2 or 3mm.

As for a lower head, I doubt you would feel the difference but it may make a very small difference on the watch. Of course most drivers are not consistent enough to be able to find that slight difference in times in all the background noise of poor driving
Old 03-11-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
paolo do u know how much higher is the differance in temp, i just ordered the motor and would help if i knew...

thanks
Around 40F
Old 03-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, specially in the fast corners
Old 03-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof

The few holes Novarossi is drilling in their previous heads are just a few gram. I have drilled 16 holes of 4mm into a head and it did save just 5 gram.
Originally Posted by wingracer
In 1/12th I can feel the difference in just a 6 tooth difference in spur, and subsequent pinion change, which moves the motor forward maybe 2 or 3mm.

As for a lower head, I doubt you would feel the difference but it may make a very small difference on the watch. Of course most drivers are not consistent enough to be able to find that slight difference in times in all the background noise of poor driving
It's not about your level of driving. It's physics. That's the reason why all the car manufacturers are going more and more extreme to lower everything
Old 03-11-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

New lower head. Holes. This. That. The plus 35 was a killer motor as the kangaroo. Prices were on the money too. Now a kangaroo is 449.00. And these new motors are over 700 or close to it. Crazy.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Lord

It's not about your level of driving. It's physics. That's the reason why all the car manufacturers are going more and more extreme to lower everything
Yes, ofcourse there is a bennefit but new designs in cars and engines must have some changes or else it will not give a boost in selling. Remember the Magnesium heads 3~4 years ago? Did it make a change? Not really or else we had all toplevel engines with these heads. RB had already for several years a lowered head, did they win races because of that?

In my opinion, the new head is just a selling item to show the market improvements and I do wonder when they do run out of ideas, to me it is still a 2-stroke engine based on an ABC construction.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I still think that the 35+21 and +12sct tuned motors are just as fast as the newer nova engines and are a better buy for your money. And they can take alot more abuse. I have seen many pro racers use the 35+21 and +12sct with flash and 353 heads on them to promote the newer engines. If you have the money great buy the new stuff if you don't buy what you can afford it will still be fast.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I know but the point is that the average driver (not a pro like you) might have a full second of variance in his laptimes so something that improves laptimes by .05 is going to be impossible to spot on the sheet, due to his poor driving. Yes the difference is in there, but can the average guy notice it?

A pro who can bust off 10 laps all within .2, small changes become quite noticeable in his laptimes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.