R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-31-2011, 05:21 AM   #3826
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

For the .12 I can not say much but I know RB has always used a slight different crankpin size in their .21 engines so it would not supprise me if the .12 series have such a difference as well..

Regarding the head button, it is wise to messure up the real head clearance with a piece of solder.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:38 AM   #3827
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
For the .12 I can not say much but I know RB has always used a slight different crankpin size in their .21 engines so it would not supprise me if the .12 series have such a difference as well..

Regarding the head button, it is wise to messure up the real head clearance with a piece of solder.
I measured the depth of the bit that sticks inside the sleeve - the Flash sits around 0.3mm deeper, didnt ACCURATELY measure it, but it was around the 0.3mm mark.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #3828
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

I never do messure the depth, if the piston is not flat you can not rely on the messurements. I always use a piece of solder to squeeze between head and piston by turning the crankshaft one time and messure up the flat spot on the solder.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #3829
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Sure, the price....
A lot more is coming... Ciao from Italy

info@desotoracing.com, www.serpentamerica.com
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #3830
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesoto View Post
A lot more is coming... Ciao from Italy
What is the better engine? Jp gimar ro9 fully tuned 14.5mm or novarossi flash special tuned? What engine has more topend and midrange? What's better on the ro9 the 14.5mm crank or the 14.mm crank? Sorry for all the questions but know that you would know the answers because you carry and run these motors. I need some new motors for the upcoming race season I need help with my choice. Thanks in advance!!!
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #3831
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
dont know what kangaroo u were watching but we broke track records with the kangaroo great great motor and we were running against flash special and 35 tuned
I heard it is a great motor so I may go for one when my Mega dies. Would it be worth getting a Murnan modified version?
JIM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #3832
Tech Regular

Update from Italy: I spent the last 2 days at the Novarossi factory and can tell you that the new engines look great. Details will be available on Thursday. The engines will ship to us in about 2 weeks so dealers will have them around the 3rd week of February. Sneak peek: 4 very updated engines coming. They will make more power and have better mileage! Yes, that wasn't a misprint. The 2011 NOVA engine lineup is awesome. Dealers can call us to get info and place orders starting tomorrow. Regardless of what all the other engine manufacturers say they can't compare with Novarossi quality, materials and innovation.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #3833
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
What is the better engine? Jp gimar ro9 fully tuned 14.5mm or novarossi flash special tuned? What engine has more topend and midrange? What's better on the ro9 the 14.5mm crank or the 14.mm crank? Sorry for all the questions but know that you would know the answers because you carry and run these motors. I need some new motors for the upcoming race season I need help with my choice. Thanks in advance!!!
All three engines you mentioned are great. Can't go wrong with any of them. RO9 has the most top of the 3. I would give the nod to the Flash on the bottom. All 3 pull through the middle. S09 gets the best mileage. And remember, regardless of which you get you can 'adjust' the power curve with the pipe and header.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #3834
Tech Regular

Quote:
Update from Italy: I spent the last 2 days at the Novarossi factory and can tell you that the new engines look great. Details will be available on Thursday. The engines will ship to us in about 2 weeks so dealers will have them around the 3rd week of February. Sneak peek: 4 very updated engines coming. They will make more power and have better mileage! Yes, that wasn't a misprint. The 2011 NOVA engine lineup is awesome. Dealers can call us to get info and place orders starting tomorrow. Regardless of what all the other engine manufacturers say they can't compare with Novarossi quality, materials and innovation.
This is great news!

Would you be in a position to know whether tuned & pre-run versions will be avail soon or not?

Regards,
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #3835
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Regardless of what all the other engine manufacturers say they can't compare with Novarossi quality, materials and innovation.
Wow!

I'm sure the US Importer of other brands, for example Xceed/Mega engines, is going to be crushed.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #3836
Tech Adept

I want a Nova. I'm gonna do it ! F!ck the rest, I'm sold.
JIM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #3837
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM1 View Post
I want a Nova. I'm gonna do it ! F!ck the rest, I'm sold.
Im liking the Nova's too!
One question:
Is the Flash .12 3 Tuned piston and sleeve more-or-less specially matched to each other? As in, are they hand-picked or specially designed to be used together?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #3838
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
This is great news!

Would you be in a position to know whether tuned & pre-run versions will be avail soon or not?

Regards,
Tuned yes, most/all in the first batch
Pre-run, some/a few in the first batch

The second batch will arrive late Feb/March and will have more Pre-run engines. Make sure your order is placed ASAP if you want/need it soon. We already sold out some of the models in the first order! We have a pipeline of orders and we will fill the orders in the order we receive them.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #3839
Tech Regular

Quote:
Tuned yes, most/all in the first batch
Pre-run, some/a few in the first batch

The second batch will arrive late Feb/March and will have more Pre-run engines. Make sure your order is placed ASAP if you want/need it soon. We already sold out some of the models in the first order! We have a pipeline of orders and we will fill the orders in the order we receive them.
How can one pre-order? from your website?
I ask because I haven't seen anything on your website about the 2011 Nov line-up...

Appreciate!!
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #3840
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The new 2011 engines with the low profile heads look really nice!! The flash 12 and 21