Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Geberit
Can anibody tell me what's the technicall difference between the .12 Flash and 353 .12/C Tuned? Which motor is the top runner of Novarossi? Maybe the 353? It has better characteristics on Novarossi homepage!?

Regards, Lojz
I'm just getting started with RC's and needed a engine for my sprint car. I ordered the 353Race C tuned, it should be here any day now. hand-tuned lightweight crankshaft plus various laser engravings on the cooling head and crankshaft.

Last edited by Sprint Doctor; 10-26-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: editional infro.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Friggen packing person! I got my engine about an hour ago and they sent me a .21 kangroo I notified them about there mistake. Gotta have the 353race C tuned.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default S21WCS09

Hi,

Just completed running in my S21WCS09.

Engine comes with C6TF plug.

I am in a country where ambient temperature is approximately 32 degree celsius year round.

Will the nova C7TGF plug be more suited given the environment I am running the engine in?

Sam
Old 11-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Some engine arrived Free Air Parcel
Old 11-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sammies
Hi,

I am in a country where ambient temperature is approximately 32 degree celsius year round.

Will the nova C7TGF plug be more suited given the environment I am running the engine in?

Sam
If it runs a bit too hot, then go for the C7. If where you live is pretty humid, then maybe you should stick to the 6, but if its dry, then I would go the C7.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sammies
Hi,

Sam
You can do the break-in with the #6, but after that change it to #7 or even #8 depending on the track.

-X-

"-9Celsius today and snowing "
Old 11-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Have a question got this engine today. The side has a label says Flash .21 Special Factory Tuned and Break In. ????

Is it real or just a gimmick??

Does it mean i don't have to run in and just tuned and go or is there a procedure to use it.

This is my second Nova, (1st is a Flash .21 Special Factory tuned).
Old 11-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Romeo
Have a question got this engine today. The side has a label says Flash .21 Special Factory Tuned and Break In. ????

Does it mean i don't have to run in and just tuned and go or is there a procedure to use it.

this one ?
Attached Thumbnails Novarossi engines thread-nrs-21.jpg  
Old 11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Tuned means tuned for higher performance in this case (ceramic bearings, more attention to crank balance and cylinder sleeve porting), and it does not mean that you can leave mixture adjustments the way that they are. With factory break-in engines; you should still run engines rich until the piston feels like its not running very tight.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

the factory tuned means that Novarossi modifies the crankshaft to optimize the performance of the engine better than the none tuned version.

the breakin version assures you that the engnie broken in correctly,you also get a data sheet card that tells you the specs of the engine,honestly this is the best version you can buy cause this assures you that your engine has no defects in the fit and its a plus that you dont have to spend the time doing it, the broken in engnies will require 500cc of fuel more and its ready to race tune it .

this version of engnie is done by the same person in Novarossi that does all the Team engines so it not a gimmick ,honestly this as close as you will get to the same engnies as the factory guys use .
Old 11-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you now i understand better so just run 500cc of fuel like running in manner and then cool it down and start race tuning. Oh boy this will be far easier than what i use before. I be sticking to these kind of engine.

Thank you all for the kind advise.
+1 Novarossi
Old 11-27-2010, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default plugs

what other plugs are suitable for nova engines?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroWD
what other plugs are suitable for nova engines?
It is different for different engines and running conditions. We use Nova C5TGC or C5TCH; for Novarossi 353, 3SCT or Flash 12 engines, but most of the guys around here use Nova C6TGC or C6TGH turbo plugs. Many around here believe that ODonnell plugs are better (and much cheaper), and we have also used them at times. Use ODonnell 77 to replace the Nova 5. or ODonnell 99 instead of the Nova 6. We use O.S. No 8 glow plugs for a Nova CX12 (non turbo plug head).

The information in the file attachment should help. Please note that C (calda) and H (hot) is the same in Novarossi turbo plugs.

Kindest regards,
Lars
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Novarossi Turbo Glow Plugs.pdf (27.1 KB, 347 views)
Old 11-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
It is different for different engines and running conditions. We use Nova C5TGC or C5TCH; for Novarossi 353, 3SCT or Flash 12 engines, but most of the guys around here use Nova C6TGC or C6TGH turbo plugs. Many around here believe that ODonnell plugs are better (and much cheaper), and we have also used them at times. Use ODonnell 77 to replace the Nova 5. or ODonnell 99 instead of the Nova 6. We use O.S. No 8 glow plugs for a Nova CX12 (non turbo plug head).

The information in the file attachment should help. Please note that C (calda) and H (hot) is the same in Novarossi turbo plugs.

Kindest regards,
Lars
Thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader

Kindest regards,
Lars
thanks Lars, but what i meant is what other brands of plugs could fit the nova engines nicely?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.