R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Like Tree22Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #3676
Tech Master
 
BLKNOTCH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ajax, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH
Default

Hi guy's I just got my Toro Nero 21Team that I will be installing into my MBX-6, what I am wondering is would the 41021 manifold be the best option ?or the 41020 manifold? and if you could post the pros and cons that would be a great help.

Sean
__________________
HB/HPI Racing | Morgan Fuels | HOBBYWING | Airtronics | REDS Racing | HRP | Hobby Revolution | Team N.E.R.D.
BLKNOTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #3677
Tech Addict
 
Geberit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 748
Default

Hello,

I have a question regarding my Novarossi engines .12 FLASH and 353S. First I always tune the high speed needle then the low speed. While the high speed needle is no problem I have a ‘’strange’’ problem with the low speed. Either the engine goes in high rpm while idle or it dies (crank case goes full of fuel and the result is a vary bad throttle response) after 4-5sec!? From one state to the other I turn the low speed not even a quarter of a turn (10 minutes on a clock maybe).

What could this be? I read that the compression may be the problem so I could change the shims under the head but add or remove them? I use a Novarossi Glow Plug No6 and EFRA 2652 pipe.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:55 AM   #3678
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,764
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
Hello,

I have a question regarding my Novarossi engines .12 FLASH and 353S. First I always tune the high speed needle then the low speed. While the high speed needle is no problem I have a ‘’strange’’ problem with the low speed. Either the engine goes in high rpm while idle or it dies (crank case goes full of fuel and the result is a vary bad throttle response) after 4-5sec!? From one state to the other I turn the low speed not even a quarter of a turn (10 minutes on a clock maybe).

What could this be? I read that the compression may be the problem so I could change the shims under the head but add or remove them? I use a Novarossi Glow Plug No6 and EFRA 2652 pipe.

Thanks for any advice.
Sounds like it's too rich on the bottom and being masked by a too high idle screw. Lean the bottom until it idles smoothly. Once there, it will be idling very high. Back off on the idle screw to get the desired idle speed.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:50 AM   #3679
Tech Addict
 
Geberit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Sounds like it's too rich on the bottom and being masked by a too high idle screw. Lean the bottom until it idles smoothly. Once there, it will be idling very high. Back off on the idle screw to get the desired idle speed.
Thanks, I'll try it like you suggested!

Regards, Lojz
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #3680
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,054
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
Thanks, I'll try it like you suggested!

Regards, Lojz
Geberit, not knowing how old your motors are, the things I always do is reset the engine settings to 2.5 low, an 4.5 top, if it still is irratic, then depending on how old it is, could be front bearing or rod, or possible air leak.

what your describing sounds the opposite - bottom too lean. usually rich bottom will idle then drop and die. too lean and it idles then rpm goes up.
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Arrowmax | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix | Tectrade TTB

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #3681
Tech Fanatic
 
Osiris 75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Converse, TX
Posts: 816
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Does the p/s for a 2009 353 work in a 2008 353?
__________________
SPONSORS: AWESOMATIX USA / HOBBYWING USA / AVID CONCEPTS / R1 WURKS / POWERMASTER FUELS (VP RACING) / 2MM DESIGNS / EA MOTORSPORTS

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #3682
Tech Rookie
 
FW-06 -01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7
Default novarossi onroad engines

interesting,.wish i had of seen this a few days ago,.i just got myself a new flash .21 special tuned for my evolva,got it a decent price.i debated the 35+21 the collari .21 etc etc,. but decided to go with the latest flash special .21,turbo, 9 ports, 2.98 HP ceramic bearings etc etc
its a pretty wild little engine and i have not 1 regret,.i am going to try the "AT platinum" nitro fuel,.anyone used this? im in Australia so am a little limited on brands of nitro etc..
__________________
kyosho FW-06, O.S max .18 , spektrum, -- kyosho Evolva , spektrum,. Need .21 -Australia-
FW-06 -01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #3683
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

do the gas coolers really make a difference?
__________________
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX210 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX410 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS PRO/REEDY SONIC 17.5
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #3684
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 5,902
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN View Post
do the gas coolers really make a difference?
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/a...rticles_id=172
__________________
Speed is only fiction but a 130+km/h MRS4 is for real.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #3685
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
I like scientific data! Looks like they work very well!
williamw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #3686
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,416
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Hey guys, I have a FLASH .12.

Does anyone know how the powerband of this engine behaves? I need a completely all-around engine. I mean, I need bottom/middle/top at the best fuel efficiency possible.

I really would like to know at what point does this engine scream so I can advise the person who is going to modify my engine where to take off in order to achieve a more balanced engine.

This is the track where I race at:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.



As you can probably notice, the straightaway is very long, so I need some top end (and there's two of them). But there are a lot of U turns, so bottom end is needed to.
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #3687
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Hey guys, I have a FLASH .12.

Does anyone know how the powerband of this engine behaves? I need a completely all-around engine. I mean, I need bottom/middle/top at the best fuel efficiency possible.

I really would like to know at what point does this engine scream so I can advise the person who is going to modify my engine where to take off in order to achieve a more balanced engine.

This is the track where I race at:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.



As you can probably notice, the straightaway is very long, so I need some top end (and there's two of them). But there are a lot of U turns, so bottom end is needed to.
Awesome track! I need to get down to PR.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #3688
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quick question about the rod in the Flash 12. I ordered the 7604 because its about time to replace it. I open the Flash up and it says N2 at the bottom. the one I ordered has an N1. What is the diffrence? Its the correct part #. I know my 353/09 had the N1. Just a diffrent production year?

Thanks guys!
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #3689
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 5,902
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Something did go wrong in here.....



The P/S set does have some smal damages but seems to be alive.
__________________
Speed is only fiction but a 130+km/h MRS4 is for real.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #3690
Tech Elite
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I had one that looked like that.

I had a ball in a tko engine bearing shatter.

Was it a novarossi bearing or aftermarket brand?

I learned my lesson as second replacement tko bearing failed. Back to Novarossi bearings for me!
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sirio engines thread EVOLUTION Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2824 04-29-2014 10:58 AM
Axial Engines thread Axial Racing Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 164 10-06-2008 05:48 PM
RB engines thread CraigM Nitro Off-Road 7 01-05-2008 10:57 AM
JP Engines Thread DOMOisCOOL Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 2 02-16-2004 05:00 AM
OS engines thread EVOLUTION Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 44 02-11-2004 06:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net