R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #3346
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,831
Default

well there you go !!!! its all up to who has what and if they can make it fast and make it last
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #3347
Tech Apprentice
 
emancipation007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Clarita,CA
Posts: 96
Default Flash

I'm thinking about buying a nova rossi flash anybody got any feed back,is there a motor that is close to performance for about five hundred bucks
emancipation007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #3348
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emancipation007 View Post
I'm thinking about buying a nova rossi flash anybody got any feed back,is there a motor that is close to performance for about five hundred bucks
Check out this site. They have it all. The 35plus is $520.00 and Flash is $550.

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/home.php?cat=10

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #3349
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emancipation007 View Post
I'm thinking about buying a nova rossi flash anybody got any feed back,is there a motor that is close to performance for about five hundred bucks
Actually the 35 Plus 21 is an excellent engine and in that range of price. You can't go wrong with a 35 Plus
__________________
Serpent, Picco, Desoto Racing, Sanwa, Byron Fuel, Matrix, Avid, Arrowmax, Xceed, Veytrex Lab, Blast RC, PMR
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:58 AM   #3350
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys. I was a Novarossi .12 and have .4mm worth of headshims in at the moment with 16% nitro and 10% oil (6% synth oil and 4% castor). What benefits would i have of reducing the number of headshims??
__________________
[KYOSHO] [NOVAROSSI] [TEAM MAGIC G4RS] [O.S SPEED T.Z SPEC II] [SPEKTRUM DX3R]
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:16 AM   #3351
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault_Tech View Post
Hey guys. I was a Novarossi .12 and have .4mm worth of headshims in at the moment with 16% nitro and 10% oil (6% synth oil and 4% castor). What benefits would i have of reducing the number of headshims??
removing head shims will increase combustion pressure which should increase power, be carefull here be sure to follow what the manufaturer recommends, you may need to lower your
nitro content but 16% should be ok also keep an eye on your plugs as they usually dont last long, also this will change your tune so you will need to retune.
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:24 AM   #3352
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey mate, thanks for the quick reply. The nova website has the picture listed with only a .3mm shim

http://www.novarossi.it/files/explod.../N12TS1_RT.pdf

and have been using .4 till the engine has been fully run in ie lost pinch which it now has. would this be a good time to remove the shim and just do the usual richen the needles and work my way back in from there??
__________________
[KYOSHO] [NOVAROSSI] [TEAM MAGIC G4RS] [O.S SPEED T.Z SPEC II] [SPEKTRUM DX3R]
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #3353
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault_Tech View Post
Hey mate, thanks for the quick reply. The nova website has the picture listed with only a .3mm shim

http://www.novarossi.it/files/explod.../N12TS1_RT.pdf

and have been using .4 till the engine has been fully run in ie lost pinch which it now has. would this be a good time to remove the shim and just do the usual richen the needles and work my way back in from there??
if you feel your not getting the power out of the engine give it a go, have you tried changing your fuel brand?
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #3354
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

haha its a rocket since its freed up but in the words of Ricky Bobby - "I wanna go fast!!"
__________________
[KYOSHO] [NOVAROSSI] [TEAM MAGIC G4RS] [O.S SPEED T.Z SPEC II] [SPEKTRUM DX3R]
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #3355
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 169
Default

the 353 09 that i got is an amazing engine. excelente power on bottom, mid and high. and haven't have any problem with front bearing, so far...
mc_chofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:59 AM   #3356
M16
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_chofo View Post
the 353 09 that i got is an amazing engine. excelente power on bottom, mid and high. and haven't have any problem with front bearing, so far...
What's the story with the 353' 09 blowing front bearings. At our Nat's in October a number of 353's had front bearing problems. Does the 3SCT have the same problem? .... I note the 353' 09 has a metal sealed front bearing others have a rubber sealed bearing. Most of the guy's with bearing problems used RB front bearings as replacements.

I am in the market for a new engine and aren't yet convinced to buy the 353' 09 or to buy the 12-3SCT... any ideas on which way to go...
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #3357
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
What's the story with the 353' 09 blowing front bearings. At our Nat's in October a number of 353's had front bearing problems. Does the 3SCT have the same problem? .... I note the 353' 09 has a metal sealed front bearing others have a rubber sealed bearing. Most of the guy's with bearing problems used RB front bearings as replacements.

I am in the market for a new engine and aren't yet convinced to buy the 353' 09 or to buy the 12-3SCT... any ideas on which way to go...
i think the 353 09 has been updated and they now come with a rubber seal bearing on the front.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #3358
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

Hi guys I have a new question about +12SCT. I stripped the motor to inspect it after about 15lts(about 4 gallons?) and I turn the crankshaft when its not connected to the rod, and there is a feeling that it became heavier than my newer engine. It feels as smooth as possible, but just like I added weight to the crankshaft. Is it about bearings? Whats the deal with it?
__________________
Mustafa Alp

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #3359
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,650
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
Hi guys I have a new question about +12SCT. I stripped the motor to inspect it after about 15lts(about 4 gallons?) and I turn the crankshaft when its not connected to the rod, and there is a feeling that it became heavier than my newer engine. It feels as smooth as possible, but just like I added weight to the crankshaft. Is it about bearings? Whats the deal with it?
Sounds like it's just thick, nasty, gummy castor oil in the bearings. That stuff can really make things feel smooth but thick and heavy, kind of like new rubber sealed and greased bearings.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #3360
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

So, is it a good thing, or bad, or doesnt affect the performance? What should I do?
__________________
Mustafa Alp

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sirio engines thread EVOLUTION Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2824 04-29-2014 11:58 AM
Axial Engines thread Axial Racing Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 164 10-06-2008 06:48 PM
RB engines thread CraigM Nitro Off-Road 7 01-05-2008 11:57 AM
JP Engines Thread DOMOisCOOL Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 2 02-16-2004 06:00 AM
OS engines thread EVOLUTION Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 44 02-11-2004 07:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0