Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 04-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Nitropimp
Wow I'm lost now Not that's something new But I thought NovaMega and NovaMax were Novarossi engines too. Are RB's Novarosssi too???

You are right... Novarossi also build OEM motors and sell them to the respective 'Houses' (if you will) and the guys then do a little work on the motors and sell them as there own... I am not sure about RB though.

Thank you Stefan for your help.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by stefan
1.) It's not the same spec than the Nova Rossi. It's made to Jim Hottinger's spec. (the guy who ran Paris Racing and now owns Fusion Motorsorts)

2.) It's not cheaper, it's more expensive than the NR!

3.) It's worth it!
Exactly the same price and spec as the NSR on the Novarossi site. The tech at Novarossi says its the same engine!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ziggy12345
Exactly the same price and spec as the NSR on the Novarossi site. The tech at Novarossi says its the same engine!
It's not, trust me.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by BaxterC
Sweet, I cant wait to run my s3... I am sure it will scream. It is sooo tight, one cant turn it over, so I am sure I will struggle to get it going, I know I am going to have to warm it a lot to get it to turn over... It will be a challenge
BaxterC just recieved my Novarossi NRS-RR12L3 and man its tight i had to use the hairdryer trick to get my starter to turn it over! Done the heat cycle for two tanks and still tight as hell! cant wait till this run-in is done the to see wht it can realy do!
Old 04-24-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default S5 piston?

Anyone know where to purchase an NS5 piston? Anyone got one for sale?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
BaxterC just recieved my Novarossi NRS-RR12L3 and man its tight i had to use the hairdryer trick to get my starter to turn it over! Done the heat cycle for two tanks and still tight as hell! cant wait till this run-in is done the to see wht it can realy do!
I am sure... I too weant to get mine going, waiting for a pipe. I bought a heat gun for the motor so I dont stress the crank and the conrod too much.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Can I put a NSR 12s3 sleeve and piston in my nsr5port turbo in ordr to make it roar legal?
Old 04-28-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Yep.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Ok the RR12L3 of just balistic of the line and is still quick up the straight!
Old 05-01-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where can I get carb nut for my ns12s3 mova engine? It fell off and can't one to replace it.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pit-racer
Where can I get carb nut for my ns12s3 mova engine? It fell off and can't one to replace it.
i just finished breaking in a nsr today. i noticed the bronze nut size has been changed from that stupid "middle of the road" size nut to a 7mm nut. what this means is that a normal wheel hex wrench can be used on the nut.

HAVE YOU TRYED USING A 7MM NUT OR A WHEEL NUT AS A REPLACEMENT? it may look hack but it mught work.

small question;

how easy/quickly did the nsr owners break in their engine? i found mine to be broken in within the 5th tank! i idled it for 4 tanks, and drove it around for 1.
the NSR is a cast piston as oposed to machined correct? pm the answers if possible i hardly check the engine thread.

thanks
Old 05-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
i just finished breaking in a nsr today. i noticed the bronze nut size has been changed from that stupid "middle of the road" size nut to a 7mm nut. what this means is that a normal wheel hex wrench can be used on the nut.

HAVE YOU TRYED USING A 7MM NUT OR A WHEEL NUT AS A REPLACEMENT? it may look hack but it mught work.

small question;

how easy/quickly did the nsr owners break in their engine? i found mine to be broken in within the 5th tank! i idled it for 4 tanks, and drove it around for 1.
the NSR is a cast piston as oposed to machined correct? pm the answers if possible i hardly check the engine thread.

thanks
Yes. I tried that.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Old 05-02-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Pit-Racer!! You're screwed!!

I had the same problem...but Mugen is now the US Importer for Nova Rossi, so I'd try with them...
You need Nova Rossi part no: 18601 or you might try Serpent part No.: MEG 2161..

I finally got one from the kind folks at Serpent.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, I just built up a nitro tc3 this weekend and I threw my novamega sx12 ms in it , that i bought last year (never been run). I cant get the motor to turn over.??? I toook ou the plug , tried to turnt he fly wheel with pliers, put some after run oil in the piston cylinder. Nothing seems to work the thing is too tight. Does anyone have any suggestions???????

Greg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.