R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Like Tree34Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2007, 10:19 PM   #2461
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraham225 View Post
yea, i know what you mean, thats the first time ive removed the head and now i see what the motors been through. do you think its salvageable at all? i may order a new motor and keep this one for a last resort spare, LOL! any suggestions guys?
Well, if the rest of the engine is shot (rod, bearings), you'll need to dump some money into it unless you can find some deals. Always teardown an engine you get used to inspect for any damage before you run it. If it needs just a the P/S. it could be worth repairing, depending on how much you already spent on it. PM me if you need some help.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:56 AM   #2462
Tech Addict
 
twiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 710
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

does anyone know the part# for ns21p
-R4 rod
-front and rear bearing?



thanks
__________________
www.Moorebankraceway.com

Hamilton 2008 F1 champion!
twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:36 AM   #2463
Tech Master
 
KREATOR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,706
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KREATOR1
Default

Hi guys,

may i know what NSR type is this?
Attached Thumbnails
Novarossi engines thread-novarosi-rs4-3.jpg  
KREATOR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:12 AM   #2464
Tech Master
 
cdelong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,805
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
does anyone know the part# for ns21p
-R4 rod
-front and rear bearing?



thanks
#7006 (R4) or #7007 (R5) rods would work just fine.

Bearings should be in the exploded diagram..... #17003 for front and #16000 for the rear. It uses the same block as the 321P engines. I have put NS21P guts in a 321P block and everything fits just fine.
__________________
KYOSHO EVOLVA
35PLUS21
FUTABA 3PKS/KO PROPO
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #2465
Tech Addict
 
twiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 710
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelong View Post
#7006 (R4) or #7007 (R5) rods would work just fine.

Bearings should be in the exploded diagram..... #17003 for front and #16000 for the rear. It uses the same block as the 321P engines. I have put NS21P guts in a 321P block and everything fits just fine.

thanks!!
__________________
www.Moorebankraceway.com

Hamilton 2008 F1 champion!
twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:32 PM   #2466
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,826
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

That seems to be a 5 port motor outlaw
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:32 AM   #2467
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 42
Default

Hello Novarossi users and experts , I need some information and advice about this engines , 353 and 359 , also the other engine that comes with it . Is it worth it or rubbish? I need to get a new engines for next season.. im an ex-novarossi user but now im considering going back on using them again . Thanks in advance...
Bokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:42 AM   #2468
Tech Addict
 
German Muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokies View Post
Hello Novarossi users and experts , I need some information and advice about this engines , 353 and 359 , also the other engine that comes with it . Is it worth it or rubbish? I need to get a new engines for next season.. im an ex-novarossi user but now im considering going back on using them again . Thanks in advance...
XRC just did an X-Dyno test and review on the 353 in thier feb 2007 issue.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #2469
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,397
Default

I love my 353's They are awesome.

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 AM   #2470
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I love my 353's They are awesome.

DJ Apolaro
Which is basically the difference between a 353 and plus 12-3 sct?
Alambrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:26 AM   #2471
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,397
Default

From what I have noticed the 353 has a higher rpm range and has a smoother power band. The 12 plus has more torque and is better on smaller tracks that need bottom and mid range. I think the 353 is easier to drive for the person that likes a smooth power band.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #2472
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
From what I have noticed the 353 has a higher rpm range and has a smoother power band. The 12 plus has more torque and is better on smaller tracks that need bottom and mid range. I think the 353 is easier to drive for the person that likes a smooth power band.



C'mon DJ you can do better than that , i know that your one of the top driver and expert in your country so please tell me more about this engines. I was really looking at the JP eagle .12 and the Eagle .21 but my supplier won't be able to get one for 6 weeks but the 353 and 359 are already available. Not alot of people use Nova and JP in my area , i used to run JP FX21-03 and Plus 12-3CT. I wasnt that impress with the Plus12 . Also what about the Practice engines that comes with it ? are they OK or Rubbish? Thanks .
Bokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #2473
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokies View Post
C'mon DJ you can do better than that , i know that your one of the top driver and expert in your country so please tell me more about this engines. I was really looking at the JP eagle .12 and the Eagle .21 but my supplier won't be able to get one for 6 weeks but the 353 and 359 are already available. Not alot of people use Nova and JP in my area , i used to run JP FX21-03 and Plus 12-3CT. I wasnt that impress with the Plus12 . Also what about the Practice engines that comes with it ? are they OK or Rubbish? Thanks .

I have not ever seen the sedan extra motor run, but the 1/8 motor yes. It is good for club level events, but thats it. It helps save the main motor. I was shocked that you were not happy with the 12 plus. Everyone one I know at the florida level is very happy with theirs. The last JP I had was 2 years ago and I did not like it. I excepted more for my money. It was slower and did not hold a tune than a stock mugen x12(at that time). For any motor remember that pipe and header are very important. I went from picco based motors to the nova line and I have been very happy.

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #2474
Tech Regular
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 377
Default

Hello racers

what is the head clearance (shims) of 35PLUS21LCE for 25% and 30% nitro?
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #2475
Tech Regular
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 377
Default

It will be good to know factory settings for the carb
jeff
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sirio engines thread EVOLUTION Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2824 04-29-2014 10:58 AM
Axial Engines thread Axial Racing Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 164 10-06-2008 05:48 PM
RB engines thread CraigM Nitro Off-Road 7 01-05-2008 10:57 AM
JP Engines Thread DOMOisCOOL Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 2 02-16-2004 05:00 AM
OS engines thread EVOLUTION Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 44 02-11-2004 06:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:22 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net