R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Like Tree8Likes

Old 12-13-2007, 04:38 AM   #2431
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

The R6 conrod can only be used with the JP black hardcoated piston pin...
Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #2432
Tech Elite

Hii! I have Nova Plus 21-3C .21 on road 7 ports engine and wonder if I can fit in 35 Plus piston liner with 9 ports. Will it make more power? One more thing my engine has only been use for half a gallon but i notice that the crankshaft wobble if you move it side to side or up and down. is this normal? My friend has got one also and his engine is doing the same thing. Mine has got ceramic rear bearing. When i run it i can hear a very rough sound like a worn out bearing. I saw one Nova model S721P at rcmushroom, is this any good?

Last edited by dameetz; 12-13-2007 at 07:33 PM.
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #2433
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
hi!i have a plus 21-5 and i must change the conrod.one shop near me has 2 conrods to choose from.the jp conrod {jp-07009}and the jp R6 light without the upper Bushing.Can i use any of these without promblems?and which is best?the light R6 last longer or not?
the JP R6 lightened con rod with harcoated wrist pin will work fine in the 21-5. If you get the lightened one make sure it has the pin with it as it will only work with that one like he said above. I dont think they sell them without the pin though.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #2434
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Hii! I have Nova Plus 21-3C .21 on road 7 ports engine and wonder if I can fit in 35 Plus piston liner with 9 ports. Will it make more power? One more thing my engine has only been use for half a gallon but i notice that the crankshaft wobble if you move it side to side or up and down. is this normal? My friend has got one also and his engine is doing the same thing. Mine has got ceramic rear bearing. When i run it i can hear a very rough sound like a worn out bearing. I saw one Nova model S721P at rcmushroom, is this any good?
Sounds like the bearing is on its way out. If you can wobble the crank in the case with bearings installed only, then you need to replace it before it takes out your rod bushing and eventually the P/S ass'y.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:52 AM   #2435
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Muscle View Post
the JP R6 lightened con rod with harcoated wrist pin will work fine in the 21-5. If you get the lightened one make sure it has the pin with it as it will only work with that one like he said above. I dont think they sell them without the pin though.

i know that the r6 most be used with the spacial pin only.
BUT,is this r6 better than r7?durability?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #2436
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
i dont know if the R7s are the same as the R6s. I would run the JP hard coated pin/lightened R6 over the R7 anyway.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #2437
Suspended

how is the 359 tuned engine?
ocktoberfest00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 AM   #2438
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
It is the same conrod only 1 (heavy) bushing less. The weight of 1 brass bushing compared with only aluminium in the place makes the rod lighter. It is just a friction but at 40.000 rpm it could make a difference, every gram counts with accelerating from 0 to 100km/h in just 8mm..... (that fast accelerates conrod/piston !)

Will you notice the difference ?
Maybe not....
Difference in life ?
I think not...
Old 12-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #2439
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocktoberfest00 View Post
how is the 359 tuned engine?
Try new Nova Collari engine. Price is good right now
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #2440
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to dgraham225

hi,

i have a nova p5x that i bought off a guy, i was told it only had a couple of gallons through. ive been trying to get this thing to keep a tune for a couple of weeks, with not much luck. i will get it to run great, consistant power, running between 230-245... but by the end of a 6 min heat, im losing a little power? but that could be just a tuning issue, but the biggest problem is the thing is fouling glow plugs bad! last week i fouled out 4 just that day! about 8-10 total in the 1/2 gallon ive run it...

i was told to take it down and look for slop in the rod bushings, does anyone think that could be the problem? thanks for your help!
dgraham225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #2441
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraham225 View Post
hi,

i have a nova p5x that i bought off a guy, i was told it only had a couple of gallons through. ive been trying to get this thing to keep a tune for a couple of weeks, with not much luck. i will get it to run great, consistant power, running between 230-245... but by the end of a 6 min heat, im losing a little power? but that could be just a tuning issue, but the biggest problem is the thing is fouling glow plugs bad! last week i fouled out 4 just that day! about 8-10 total in the 1/2 gallon ive run it...

i was told to take it down and look for slop in the rod bushings, does anyone think that could be the problem? thanks for your help!
What # plug, headclearance and % Nitro fuel are you using? this gould have a direct impact on your motor's performance.
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #2442
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to dgraham225

i tried some nova med-cold plugs, OS #8's, and mccoy #59s... kind of hit the whole spectrum from cold to hot really? just had to run what i had a couple of times..but mostly run the #59 mccoy, hot

head clearance, im not so sure on, whatever comes stock im sure? i never checked it.. and fuel, sidewinder 30%..

im fairly new to nitro so please excuse my ignorance, haha!
dgraham225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #2443
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraham225 View Post
hi,

you may need to find someone who knows this motor because i have known people to change piston & sleeve with improper parts so keep that in mind unless the person is a friend if it is improper you will never get a tune just a thought for you to consider dj & trickd should be able to assist you good luck
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #2444
Tech Elite

Getting into this conversation late, but if you are sea level try to add a shim and use a 7f plug. Make sure the motor has pinch. If you can tune it on the box and it holds an idle than you should be able to tune it.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #2445
Tech Elite

Also when you fowl the plug is the fillament pushed in or sucked out?

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote