R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Like Tree8Likes

Old 04-13-2007, 04:49 AM   #2041
Tech Adept

I will normally clean my airfilters about 4 times before throwing away, sometimes less if they look dodgey. as long as you clean it from the inside out its fine as it wont push the dust into airfilter, i use denatured alcohol or petrol to clean my airfilters.
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:03 AM   #2042
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Sirio2127

Provok, I don't pay 5 dollars for a filter. I don't use a filter one race and throw it away i throw them away when they are too dirty for my liking I don't wash them and use them agen. If you want my old filters shore show me the money and ill send them to you not a prob at all. At racing fuel did have some probs at first due to the oil mixture used causeing the engines inturnals to gum up. The oil type and mixture has now been changed and the old prob is not a prob any more and for one they no longer use the metal tin container they havent used them for a very long time. Do as you wish I'm not telling how or what to use and how to run your engines. Thats totaly up to you Best Regards Jeremy.
Sirio2127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:36 AM   #2043
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to team novarossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Muscle
+1

I dont think Team Novarossi has had any exp with this engine as he is a On Road Driver
hehe correct...but in the next few weeks i'm visiting some off-road races here in italy for my work.
I'm gonna shoot some cool pics of the NR team drivers racing there buggy for advertisement material/website etc.

And it's a good oppertunety to look around then ey :P
team novarossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:01 AM   #2044
ALG
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirio2127
I don't under stand why you would need to totaly rebuild any unmoded good quality engine after only 4 galon's of fuel. If i don't get 10 gallons from an engine befor it needs a new piston and liner then i know i'm doing somthing wrong. A novarossi should last 8 to 10 gallons of fuel befor the piston and niner need to be replaced. Normaly to make an engine last that long you need to check the conrod and bearing for excess play and ware. Some people may think i'm running my engines ritch but i ashore you there not ritch or lean. There is a limet to paformance I constantly see people push engines well beyond its intended paformance boundres. All i can say is you should be able to get 10 gallons of fuel in run time from a novarossi piston and lniner and ruffly 3 maby 4 rod and bearing changes providing you use novarossi bearings and when you change the conrod replace the piston pin and clips at the same time every time you change the conrod. Never wash and reuse air filters if you have spent the money on a novarossi why save 5 bucks by useing a dirty filter and the wrong air filter oil. All ways use a quality fuel I use Vp racing At rc car fuel. But there are many outhers like werks whitelightning tornado coolpower/sidewinder and many more. Heat and dirt and dust is what are the bigest damages to any engine. You can get paformance with out running engines at crazy temps. No mods are needed to any novarossi engine all your doing is creating a unreliable engine. Stratagy is what win's races not stright line speed. Regards Jeremy.
Thks I will have it on mind.
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #2045
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by team novarossi
hehe correct...but in the next few weeks i'm visiting some off-road races here in italy for my work.
I'm gonna shoot some cool pics of the NR team drivers racing there buggy for advertisement material/website etc.

And it's a good oppertunety to look around then ey :P
get some video of the Plus 2 367
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #2046
Tech Regular

Nova has to many .12 engines, and I'm a bit confused in which one I get. I want the fastest one
353 Plus 2 seems to be the last, but its very expensive... its a waste of money? How about Plus "1" line? What's the fastest?

I forgot to mention. The engines must be IFMAR legal

Thanks a lot!
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #2047
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1
Nova has to many .12 engines, and I'm a bit confused in which one I get. I want the fastest one
353 Plus 2 seems to be the last, but its very expensive... its a waste of money? How about Plus "1" line? What's the fastest?

I forgot to mention. The engines must be IFMAR legal

Thanks a lot!
It is very expensive because it comes with 2 engines and other stuff,,but then again when you buy the 353 nova will come out with another engine next week that will be even faster and so on..
MRX4-R03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:50 PM   #2048
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
It is very expensive because it comes with 2 engines and other stuff,,but then again when you buy the 353 nova will come out with another engine next week that will be even faster and so on..
Hmm.. yes very expensive for .12
Do know what engine comes together with Plus 2? This engine has some nice improvements over SCT, but I haven't seem one running..
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #2049
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1
Hmm.. yes very expensive for .12
Do know what engine comes together with Plus 2? This engine has some nice improvements over SCT, but I haven't seem one running..
Yea from what I heard it comes with this piece of junk:

The engine is not even listed in the catalog: It is just supposed to be a club engine!!
Old 04-15-2007, 05:10 AM   #2050
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Sirio2127

I think you will be plesently suprised it may not look fancy but i'm shore novarossi is not silly and would not put an engine that dose not paform at least for club level events with there flag ship engines. I'm shore some one must of tested one by now???. If not we will be as soon as they arive. Regards Jeremy
Sirio2127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:36 AM   #2051
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROVK
INS-BOX is mandatory in Australia too and yes it does keep filters cleaner, I use like max 3 filters in 1/10 the whole season, I just wash them really well.

But for all the guys who use them one meet and throw them , as I said I will buy them off ya.

i throw my filters out after each day also. no point messign around cleaning them, they never get back to original. i also use the thicker motorbike airfilter oil so it makes it difficult to clean. i need to use either sugar soap or mineral turpentine and what i save in airfilters would be ofset int he cost of the cleaning agents if i re used them.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #2052
Tech Adept

Anybody knows the part number for the +12SCT conrod?

Is is different from the NS/NSR conrod?
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:36 AM   #2053
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrmx
Anybody knows the part number for the +12SCT conrod?

Is is different from the NS/NSR conrod?
The rod is the same. 17006
Old 04-16-2007, 06:41 AM   #2054
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
If it is the same, I thought the rods for th ns/nsr/plus 12 are 7601
Old 04-16-2007, 08:36 AM   #2055
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
17006 is the front bearing (not for the SCT, only for the previous ones)

the conrod code is 07601 and yes it's the same conrod of NS/NSR series....

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote