R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #1651
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Fsturbo15

LS is a short stroke, good for big tracks and long straights, LL is a long stroke, lots of torque, best for the infield where the races are won.

The 12-3Plus has a similer long stroke design to the LL thats why it also has good torque.
Fsturbo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #1652
Tech Apprentice

I am thinking of getting a novarossi LL3 or LS3 Murnan modified, are they worth it? and which one will have a better overall performance, I dont really race a lot I just want a fast car.
rcjayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #1653
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjayy
I am thinking of getting a novarossi LL3 or LS3 Murnan modified, are they worth it? and which one will have a better overall performance, I dont really race a lot I just want a fast car.
LL3
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #1654
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I ran both an LL3 Tuned & LS3 Tuned this weeked and for me the LS was the better motor. ON track the LL3 had a slightly higher peak RPM and a could pull a little more gear at the bottom but the slower spool up made the motor overal slightly slower.

I would say the LL had more peak power, but a narrow powerband and slow spoolup in the middle.

The LS has a very broad powerband, faster spool up, and doesn't drop off as much when outside the ideal rollout.
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #1655
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I think the LS is better in all cases. I did not like the LL engine
Old 09-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #1656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten
I ran both an LL3 Tuned & LS3 Tuned this weeked and for me the LS was the better motor. ON track the LL3 had a slightly higher peak RPM and a could pull a little more gear at the bottom but the slower spool up made the motor overal slightly slower.

I would say the LL had more peak power, but a narrow powerband and slow spoolup in the middle.

The LS has a very broad powerband, faster spool up, and doesn't drop off as much when outside the ideal rollout.
Thanks for the very good info comparing these two engines. How do the powerbands compare to the WASP Rev CRF? Do you have better throttle/finger control in the bottom to mid range?

Thanks!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #1657
Tech Adept

Smile Novarossi rex rer12

How are we all going. I have a quick question for you guys.. Im looking at getting a Novarossi Rex RER12 motor. I currently have a OS 12TZ. I was wondering what your thoughts were on these two motors and how they would compare to each other.. My track is tight and twisty and i need a torque motor.. Can you give us some feedback on these two, especially the Novarossi.. Is it any good.??

Cheers
Ray
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #1658
Tech Elite

The CRF has more top end power and revs much higher than both the LL & LS but felt unresponsive at the bottom with a delayed feeling @ the top.

The CRF start out with a slow spool up that increases exponentially as the revs climb. The Nova's have a linear feel with the LL dropping just a bit in the middle compared to the LS. For me the consistent spool up speed made the LL & LS feel more responsive, consistent, & easier to drive.

People who throttle like a switch will have trouble with the Nova's instant high power response but those with better control will love the motor's precise feel through the powerband.

Mark
Old 09-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #1659
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

if you're going to buy the long stroke version, spend a little bit more and get the plus 12-3Ct.......fastest engine available..........

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #1660
Tech Elite

Ray if you race on a small technical track I would suggest you stay with your TZ till it fades. From my experience the smaller tracks just don't take advantage of the high dollar power. If your motor is feeling sluggish out of the corner with a good tune your problem is either clutch setup or gearing. The TZ has good torq and more power than you can use on a small track.

Mark
Old 09-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #1661
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Ray if you race on a small technical track I would suggest you stay with your TZ till it fades. From my experience the smaller tracks just don't take advantage of the high dollar power. If your motor is feeling sluggish out of the corner with a good tune your problem is either clutch setup or gearing. The TZ has good torq and more power than you can use on a small track.

Mark
I agree!!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #1662
Tech Adept

Default re-motor

Cheers Mark
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #1663
Tech Elite

Thanks Mark!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #1664
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ickvanovs

i just looked at novarossi website, a bit confuse because of so many type of .12 engine.

just wondering, which one is the best for high speed track with 2 sweepers?
ickvanovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #1665
Tech Master

Quote:
The CRF has more top end power and revs much higher than both the LL & LS but felt unresponsive at the bottom with a delayed feeling @ the top.

The CRF start out with a slow spool up that increases exponentially as the revs climb. The Nova's have a linear feel with the LL dropping just a bit in the middle compared to the LS. For me the consistent spool up speed made the LL & LS feel more responsive, consistent, & easier to drive.

People who throttle like a switch will have trouble with the Nova's instant high power response but those with better control will love the motor's precise feel through the powerband.

Mark
I've tried 3 engines where i race i have to say by far my favourite was my tz, i'd say mostly due that its modded extremely well but the main corners on the track require a very slow pace and then theres a straight the LL3 worked extremely well for this application as the power was just there straight away but i disliked how it seemed to run out of puff about 1/2 way down the straight, my dad also tried the engine, and he also runs a modded TZ now.

You can't fault a TZ, good punch and great top end, tickled a little bit its just stunning