STS engines

Old 04-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tallyrc
you'l be doing yourself a favor if you pre-heat that engine rather than just force it to turn over witha more powerful box. use a heat gun or hair blower on it. it really helps, and the conrod will thank yu for it. also, remember to get some fuel in there before just letting her rip on the box to prime it as it will be dry to start....
get it up to 110 and up ( with a heat gun or hair blower) then start the engine .
Old 04-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Ok...I am ready to give up on this engine...D5..sorry guys
I have shortened the pressure line and am confident all other parameters, ie plug,shim, etc are correct.Yet no matter what I do I can not get this to work.It simply will not idle.Now, with the shorter pressure line the idle jumps almost immediately, then if I try to lower the idle, it dies right away and wont start. Also, Ive noticed that it is sticking again.Im at a point now, where Ill either sell it off, or one last possible solution...Im thinking maybe another carb from another manufacturer. Anyone know if there's any different ones that will work?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by NitroOB4You
Ok...I am ready to give up on this engine...D5..sorry guys
I have shortened the pressure line and am confident all other parameters, ie plug,shim, etc are correct.Yet no matter what I do I can not get this to work.It simply will not idle.Now, with the shorter pressure line the idle jumps almost immediately, then if I try to lower the idle, it dies right away and wont start. Also, Ive noticed that it is sticking again.Im at a point now, where Ill either sell it off, or one last possible solution...Im thinking maybe another carb from another manufacturer. Anyone know if there's any different ones that will work?
Hi NitroOB4You,
Please tell me your carburetor setting. How many turns to each needle?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Slow and midrange (510-503) flush, main and Low (515-507) four turns out.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: sts off road engine

Originally posted by TambokGT
........no word on the .21 off road engine yet?
Some racers will test it for us this weekend. And I'm testing the on-road version. As I knew,the buggy version works fine. But I don't like the on-road version. It seems need more time to make it better.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Nitro Tech

Check the mid-range needle's o-ring. If there is any broken part?
Also,which pipe are you using?
Old 04-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Ok...It did not appear that either oring is broken, at least looking by eye....dont have a microscope ...however I did find a tiny metal flashing particle on the face where the small oring sits.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

RD Logics Turbo pipe
Old 04-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Nitro Tech

RD Logics Turbo pipe
I see. With RDLogic NTC3/LD3 pipe,you need about 11" pressure line. Check your fuel tank lip if there is any leak? Also check the pressure line if there is any leak.

If the rpm will not fall when you close the throttle,there are two different appearance.

1) the rpm fall slowly and step by step;
screw back(rich?) the idle needle a bit and also lean the low speed needle(a bit). If it dosen't work,your engine may have too big compression. Check the plug's status.

2)The rpm fall immediately but rise again;
Rich the low speed needle and also lean the idle needle(a bit).
Old 04-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Nitro Tech

Also try other fuel. Sometime if the fuel was placed too long,it may go bad.....
Old 04-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, dino, I just found and bought a brand new sts rs3 and when i opened the box, there weren't any stickers or an extra conrad! This is probably the older version, because it has a black case instead of a grey one. Can you tell me where i can find the stickers and improved conrad online? I looked at teamcrc.com but couldn't find either. PS just by opening the box, I loved how everything was packaged, it earned style points with me and gave me a good first impression. Thanks
Matthew
Old 04-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by bballer
Hey, dino, I just found and bought a brand new sts rs3 and when i opened the box, there weren't any stickers or an extra conrad! This is probably the older version, because it has a black case instead of a grey one. Can you tell me where i can find the stickers and improved conrad online? I looked at teamcrc.com but couldn't find either. PS just by opening the box, I loved how everything was packaged, it earned style points with me and gave me a good first impression. Thanks
Matthew
Hi bballer,

Mail to me your address to [email protected]. I send the sticker to you.

You can buy the improved conrad from ProjectZen.net. If you use more than 15% lube fuel to break in your engine,the conrod will work fine.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Once again, Im back to a sticky carb...not even my servo (JR Z590) will shut the carb...Where can I either get a new carb or are there any from another Co. that will work? I have contacted P.Zen and CRC both by email several times, neither has responded...Im confident that there is either a defect with this carb, or maybe I messed something up, I am not sure...either way, I like the engine and wish to keep it...but gotta do something about this carb...Ive had enough!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Nitro Tech

Once again, Im back to a sticky carb...not even my servo (JR Z590) will shut the carb...Where can I either get a new carb or are there any from another Co. that will work? I have contacted P.Zen and CRC both by email several times, neither has responded...Im confident that there is either a defect with this carb, or maybe I messed something up, I am not sure...either way, I like the engine and wish to keep it...but gotta do something about this carb...Ive had enough!!!
If you can wait,send the carb back to me. I will check it for you. If it dose have any fault,I will change a new carb for you. You can find the address from our website.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Ok...I will try that....do you want the entire engine or just the carb?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.