Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STS engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
I'm thinking of changing fuels soon and I'm wondering should I make the jump to 40%. Anyone made the jump to 40 with thier dragon. Or maybe I should go to 30%..... Hmmm desisons desision........
I run 30% on oval... 40% seems a little much.... better make sure its broke in.. rod and crank in good condition?
Just my 2 cents
Old 07-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

NSX I know your plan! the quicker you get rid of your D5 the quicker you can get your hands on a D3R, instead of melting the piston with 40% fuel why dont you just sell it
Old 07-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well most of the local hot guys run mugen 40. So it must be good. I'm hearing as long as you get your motor shimmed right youll be golden.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dino.tw
well,it is a custom made engine so it may have different spec. Only some team drivers got it so far. After long time testing and pure hand modified. And I assemble it personally. Damnit...my hands are oily....
Due to the cost is real high so we can't manufacture it. I want more time to spend on may R/C car. Not sit at the workstation and assembling engine all day..... The most important key is that no one can accept high price STS engine so far. So we only supply some team drivers for big event.
ok,now you know the story already. I have to call 007 now. Anyone knows the phone....hehe.....
I tried the motor on Sunday and all I can say is WOW. It has the top end of the Nova engines but accelerates much much quicker. With it I was able to catch a few people on the straight. I qualified 4th but finished the 15 minute race 2 laps ahead of second place even though I took it easy the second half of the race with an additional fuel stop. I finished the race at 248F--not bad for a hot 100F southern california day.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

What type of fuel?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

30% O'Donnell
Old 07-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I'm hearing alot about OD 30 so I'm gonna go with it.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default where to buy?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place i can order a d3r from, i decided this is the next engine i want to get but im not exactly sure where to get one from, i read in previous posts to contact projectzen but there is a problem with their online ordering and no one has responded to my e-mail. I would like to have one in the next 2 weeks so i can break it in and use it next month.

I live in the US if that is needed.

Thanks
Dennis
Old 07-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dgill
I was wondering if anyone knew of a place i can order a d3r from
saw some STS engines at Southland Hobbies couple of days ago. give it a try.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place i can order a d3r from, i decided this is the next engine i want to get but im not exactly sure where to get one from, i read in previous posts to contact projectzen but there is a problem with their online ordering and no one has responded to my e-mail. I would like to have one in the next 2 weeks so i can break it in and use it next month.

Thanks
Dennis
Hold tight there, I am sure Dino will help you out as soon as he sees this post.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
afm
Tech Master

Thanks
Dennis
You've got mail. I sent you an offer.

AFM
Old 07-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rc-toro, mail order site that advertises on this website, has them, I got one from them in a few days, cheap too, 140.00$ plus a little shipping, check their website for more info.....They are a U.S based company so that helps for communication and shipping.....
Old 07-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

All this talk about fuel percentage has got me thinking. Yeah you gain power from running more volatile fuel but then loose it when you reduce the compression ratio, do you gain more than you loose?!! Does the fuel burn in a completely different manner, burns slow with lower compression so you get a longer power stroke and with the addition of more flammable fuel its more powerful?! Am I missing something here?

Cheers
Old 07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hmmmmm I don't know. But depending on what this hobby shop has I'm gonna jump on it. Either OD 30 or the Mugen 40,
Old 07-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I went with the white lighting 30 percent. I'll give some updates as I go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.