Wiki Posts
Search

Nova353 09 vs OS 12 XZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Nova353 09 vs OS 12 XZ

I need to get a .12 engine for the upcoming racing season. Which one would you get? These seem to be the latest and greatest from Nova and OS.

thanks in advance
Old 03-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

i would personaly get the nova, i am a nova lover but if you dont have the money then the os is not a bad choice either.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

But, why you like nova 353 09 better? I am ready to get one. Tax return check is in my pocket now.

Any advises/comments
Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverM3
But, why you like nova 353 09 better? I am ready to get one. Tax return check is in my pocket now.

Any advises/comments
+1 Nova + Quality
Old 03-20-2009, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Actually I have some bad feelings about nova... I have seen a lot of novas flaming out when traction roll or have some crashes. Also most of the people say they have bearing problems. I raced with picco and it never had a problem in its first race, absolutlely no flame outs..
But in its 2.race, the high idle problems begun, I think it was a leak issue.

Now I cant decide what motor to run.. nova or picco..
Old 03-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

novas are considered to be the best engines arround , though os speed are almost new into the racing category engines and they have done it very well so far...
i've seen the 353 and i own one OS 12 speed xz.Both engines run good ,actually really good.OS is much cheaper and the only thing it needs is a conrod every 5 litres , although it has a new type of conrod which is considered to be much stronger than the one in the spec 2 , though i don't wanna risk it...

racing the angine couple of weeks ago , many people were amazed about the XZ that goes so fast , although there were all type of brands in the race like RB , NOVA , SIRIO , MAX POWER MF , PICCO.

So i choose OS XZ .this engine combines everything...SPEED , CHEAP , STRONG
Old 03-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

musti72 Actually I have some bad feelings about nova... I have seen a lot of novas flaming out when traction roll or have some crashes. Also most of the people say they have bearing problems. I raced with picco and it never had a problem in its first race, absolutlely no flame outs..
But in its 2.race, the high idle problems begun, I think it was a leak issue.

Now I cant decide what motor to run.. nova or picco..

are you serious???? they must have had really really bad tune.... as for the rest no comment.... buying a novarossi means that you buy quality...
silverM3- go with an engine that your pocket can support
Old 03-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

I know they are good quality, I have bought two plus12-3sct's for the season, but even in worlds they flame out. Is it all about tuning issue?

Some users in Maxpower and JP racing thread complains about the bearings. I think those bearings are the same with Novas. Actually I expect bearings from nova to run at least a piston-liner's life, about 15ltrs.

btw I dont think OS is "much" cheaper than novarossi. rc-toro has a deal for 353'09 for about 360$ and 12xz is around 330-350$
Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

novarossi uses different bearings than the i think whole market, it used a 11.9 bearing(i thing its the diameter in mm) and thus crankshaft
Old 03-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The 11.9 bearings are only used in the sct engines.

Last year nova had a bad batch of bearings, and so there where a lot of complaints with the bearings. JP and Max where effected as well. The front bearing started leaking very quickly which caused a hard to tune engine.
Now they have changed the bearings and they put in a better seal.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You really can't go wrong with either. It really depends on what you want to spend and how comfortable you will be with whichever engine you choose. I have raced both Novarossi and OS engines and have not had issues with either. Some out here will swear by this engine or that engine; many never having tried the other so they would not know if any of the competition is comparable. The one good thing about OS is that their internals (piston/sleeve and rod) are cheaper on the pocketbook than Novarossi. So, pick the one you will feel most comfortable and roll with it.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The 11.9 bearings are only used in the sct engines.

Last year nova had a bad batch of bearings, and so there where a lot of complaints with the bearings. JP and Max where effected as well. The front bearing started leaking very quickly which caused a hard to tune engine.
Now they have changed the bearings and they put in a better seal.
do you mean 2008 or 2007? Mines are 2007 production...
Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks everyone for their inputs. Appreciate it!

If both engines are equally capable, of course, I would go for a cheaper one.

I know NovaRossi is famous for their quality. But, it doesn't mean that they will always produce an awesome engine. I had a Nova367 plus2 before, and it was quite a disappointment. This is why I don't want to based my decision on the reputation of the engine company.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

anyone still have the coupon rc-toro offered?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Hows the XZ compare on fuel milage to the TZ speed.
I have a TZ speed and can only just make the 6 min mark some times it falls short of that. My main opposition runs the TZ speed as well and generally gets the 6 mins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.