Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
godzukihop: your hyper 12 is ready >

godzukihop: your hyper 12 is ready

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

godzukihop: your hyper 12 is ready

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
The main performance of 2-stroke engines comes from the timings in combination with the exhaust. Flowing does help a tiny bit for an easy running engine but it does not boost any performance, even the silicone insert is a meaningless hype.
A nice book you can search to with google to download is is the "Jennings 2 stroke tuning guide"

But hey, if you want to pay for such work I will not stop you but I like to say that a very tiny change to the cranktiming which anyone can do by himself will do more to the performance than this (I must say) nice piece of work.
An engine with less restrictive and properly directed fuel flow, will be more efficient and make more power at a lower temperature, which will definitely be a boost in performance.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Not much modding done at most if the buyer requested certain features then it's understandable other than that timing is a big factor which was not done & the cuts to the sleeve do not look in any way to the average modded engine just looks like 1 specific bit used the details look like very inexperienced
Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default MIND YOUR BUSINESS

All of those with the negative comments are truly amazing! Didn't your mothers ever tell you if you have nothing good to say then SHUT UP!!!! You guys post as if you are smarter than Murnan. What gives? Are you so insecure that you feel the need to put someone down in a public forum in an attempt to make yourself seem smart. If you really wanted to do the right thing you would have sent Benny or myself a PM expressing your concern. Give the guy a break, you have no idea of the deal I have with Benny. And to end this, if it is no good it is a damn RTR motor, so NO BIG DEAL!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I had a chance to see the Worlds winning engine being disassembled for inspection once. It looked bone stock. No fancy cuts or polishes. I would love to have been able to put a degree wheel on it.

That being said, I have found that a little crank work to reduce windage seems to give a nice little performance boost. I don't have the dyno to prove it but the track seems to back me up.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Thank you for negative comments, I knew you guys are jealous.

Whatever you said, it would not hurt me anyhow....... I just share my joy to friends and they would understand very well.

My engines are still could run very fast even your comments are acrimonious.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

To all PM senders:

All PMs replied. Thank you!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

learning from the negative comment is a good sign!

If you look close enough and look at the right places, you will be supprised!
Timming is important to suit the track in my opinion which many here can do. but Ive seem team engines actually have different "chroming" on the inside and the taper on the piston wear at different places... now...haaaaa... I may have said too much already
Old 02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like a very nice job Blee! godzukihop I wanna see that thing in action!! I know why you had it done!! It will work!!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wingracer
I had a chance to see the Worlds winning engine being disassembled for inspection once. It looked bone stock. No fancy cuts or polishes. I would love to have been able to put a degree wheel on it.
See attachement for a Sirio sleeve from from one of the Sirio topdrivers at the worlds in Cordoba. It is a real standard looking sleeve (timings I can not tell). An at the worlds top 4 qualifying engine we all want to have so we do want this stock looking sleeve?

Originally Posted by godzukihop
All of those with the negative comments are truly amazing! Didn't your mothers ever tell you if you have nothing good to say then SHUT UP!!!!
Funny that people always get angry if others have a critical look. Most people find this hobby expensive enough and with common sense it can be very affordable. This kind of tunning (for sure on a RTR engine) has nothing to do with common sense but does set an example that there is a market for it.
Regarding Murnan, I know he he is doing more than only creating fancy looks to the parts.
Attached Thumbnails godzukihop: your hyper 12 is ready-siriosleeve.jpg  
Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Modified

I value the opinions of The 2 that posted that the engine mods shown will not make a big difference. I have read the 2 stroke tuners book by Gordon Jennings and it is a wealth of information. Crank timing , port timing and height will make alot more difference than fancy cuts and polishing. The posts these guys made are to inform people so they know what there buying and are trying to help.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by kitracer
learning from the negative comment is a good sign!

If you look close enough and look at the right places, you will be supprised!
Timming is important to suit the track in my opinion which many here can do. but Ive seem team engines actually have different "chroming" on the inside and the taper on the piston wear at different places... now...haaaaa... I may have said too much already

However I didn't see you correct any timming on your engines.

When you helped to sell edward's engine, you always said cutting on the cylinder sleeve is not necessary and stupid.

Last time you said your enlarged the intake (crankshaft) on GRP engine..... I beblieved you screw up the engine finally and dare not to post any photo.

Now you get free Capricorn engine sponsored, the cylinder sleeve also has cutting on, why you didn't mention that cut is stupid and not necessary.

Obviously, all your comments are business talk, nothing help to anybody.

I am not producing any engine, whether the engines are good or bad is not my busniness and not my concern. I just like to fine tune all brands of engine and share this fun with friends. Up till now, I didn't received any feedback that my modified engines would run slower than original stock engines in the past ten years. Beside, I modify engines for friends basically. They like it, they would come back to request modification again. And you guys are not necessary to spend time to fight your business here. Put your sight further and save your time to fight with JP, Murnan business.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Lord

As I mention before the engine will run smoother and only that feeling can make a difference. Beside that, modding a new engine from the box is not giving any information about how it must run without it.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Save your time on your engines and improve your driving skill would be more practical than BS too much here......... beside you may post your engine pictures and offer everybody a lesson and tell how great you are. Here is very open, you may promote your good concept and business here anytime.

Every tuner has different theory and interpretation. An engine whether could run fast or run with “high torque” has been determined on the engine blue print and what material going to be used. Material is very important to engine performance too especially on piston and conrod. (I believe companies have similar concept and design nowadays.) Take a look the pistons on $100 and $400 engines if has chance next time. Everybody could tell the difference. Under the electronic microscope, everybody could tell the true inside story.

Modification is just a fine tuning on the engine since mass production may not have stable and consistent quality. I always want the engine run smoother than as stock rather go to be the fastest one. As everybody knew run faster mean the engine would consume more fuel and shorten the run time and shorten the life time.

You guys always mention about timing……… come on, don’t fool people around and people are not stupid here. (I also have a Mechanical Eng. degree and I was major in automobile and machine design field; and I am in manufacturing industry too.) Only a 0.00XX inches porting cutting would turn the engine become a Ferrari is hard to convince people……. If it is so simple, every engine company could have this done for you before putting into the packaging.

I do not produce engine and do not sell any engine here. I just show and share my joys to friends here. After I have modified 300s engines in past years, I have learnt a lot and knew what should do and what should not do.

However I knew you guys are jealous because you don’t know how to create a fancy engine. I don’t mind you guys keep on criticizing and I will post more pictures later and offer you more chance to have more acrimonious comments. Sounds good eh!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latemodel13
I value the opinions of The 2 that posted that the engine mods shown will not make a big difference. I have read the 2 stroke tuners book by Gordon Jennings and it is a wealth of information. Crank timing , port timing and height will make alot more difference than fancy cuts and polishing. The posts these guys made are to inform people so they know what there buying and are trying to help.
+1
Not here to flame on you Blee but if you can't take any feedback given then you should of thought twice before posting your work.
No one here is jealous
But you should not rant about a motor that you recieved a couple of months & qoute that the mod that was done was not to your standards & you would have to re do it & then not post any proof what you've done to make it better
Good Luck with your modifications
Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GMartinez
+1
Not here to flame on you Blee but if you can't take any feedback given then you should of thought twice before posting your work.
No one here is jealous
But you should not rant about a motor that you recieved a couple of months & qoute that the mod that was done was not to your standards & you would have to re do it & then not post any proof what you've done to make it better
Good Luck with your modifications
+1, He should be called an engine detailer, after all that is what he have been doing, making the internals look nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.