R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #286
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I have noticed that bearing QC has gone down from them. Some of the bearings are destined to fail, and some have good tolerances that make a good bearing. A good bearing will last at least twice as long as a poorly made one. Sadly it is not possible to get all great bearings in their production engines.

Another thing I have noticed that some aftermarket flywheels are pumping dirt into the front bearing. The back of these flywheels have round parts on the back that pump debris into the front bearing. The rubber shield bearings are OK here, but the metal shielded bearings don't stand a chance. The back of the flywheel should be flat.

The metal shield front bearing is slightly more free than the rubber shield. It makes a slight performance difference, but you have to be more careful with the metal shield. They don't seal as well.
Is this a problem with novarossi engines alone? What about the max power engines?
grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #287
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Only the first batch of 353 09' engines have bearing problems, the latest batch which is released in the USA on September 09 and onwards does not have bearing issues and up until now there are no report of bearing problems either.
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #288
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
Hi guys i have a small issue with my engine

I noticed these engines act differently when cold for starters compared to the 08 353 i have, the issue im having is that in yesterdays A final it would stall straight after a pit stop. it sounded like it went rich and just died. temps were around the 125 degrees celsius mark.

apart from the stalling it was fine. im thinking it could be a rich bottom end? or maybe a longer pressure is required? could it also be that im using a pressure chamber on the fuel line for more fuel volume?

John G
Never Fear Kickass is here. Johnny relax ill be back in the new year for the Summer Nats. Just use 1 of your other beasts and we will get a tune on your Kickass at the Fairy track.

Thomae I heard that you will be driving an os powered Tamia by then. Is that true
"KicKass "OS" Racing Engines" "capricornrc.com.au"
"RC Arena" Home of "Maxima Fuel"
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #289
Tech Rookie

hi i have a novarossi 353 and im wondering what nitro percentage and oil content i should use? any sugestions thanks
123unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #290
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I used Bryron's 25%...the 353 is pre shim for 16%...add .1 shim for 20%...or .2 shim 25%-30%.
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote