Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion CRF

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Team Orion CRF

gday guys i got a Team Orion CRF wasp .12 and was wondering what other plugs besides the Team Orion plugs would fit perfectly cause im having a bit of trouble tuning it, and this might 1 one of the problems it keeps "running out" (meaning when i rev it it keeps reving when the carb has been returned to the idle position, i know this might mean a lean or rich mixture as one of the top racers at our track told me).

at the moment im using O'donnel 77t plugs

Mitchell
Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

look,if you are sure that the engine is running in right temperature and it's not lean at hls.then you are lean or rich the low screw and it still running out.then you have an airleak.first change the backplate oring and try it again.if it still running out go and buy some orings for the carb.Take the olds with you and buy the next bigger number for the thin one that goes in the crankcase and the next smaller number for the last big oring that goes around the carb.then buy the next bigger number for the 2 littles that are in the secure system.
always use grease when you install them and go easy to avoid damage[since they are a bit bigger.

but first of all,try a orion plug,[i don't think that this is your problem-but...]
try them and tell us the results.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

i have already replaced all the o-rings, i have got help from a real good racer who knows alot. it just about trial and error. the plugs are the same as the OS P7 and the P7 is the same as the kyosho/Team Orion plug. i think it might be the gasket, and fuel line as well as the tune on the low end, thanks for your help ill let u know how it goes

Mitchell
Old 11-03-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey mate etheir your bottom end adjustments are a little off or you have an air leak,check the front bearing seal that was the reason my motor would not tune up.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for ur help guys, i think i may have found the problem. the back plate screws where striped so it wasnt a tight fit. i have fixed it now so it should be right.

Mitchell
Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiTrO BoOsTeR
thanks for ur help guys, i think i may have found the problem. the back plate screws where striped so it wasnt a tight fit. i have fixed it now so it should be right.

Mitchell
i am sorry but i don't think that this is your problem.the sealing is making from the o-ring.not the tight fit.most be something with your carb or dront bearing.after a race do you see any fuel in this area?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

o ok well then, i just replaced the bearings and no fuel what so ever was comming out the front, would the run-out be cause be a Spray Nozzle needle being out of position, i also think that the low end wias rich. im gonna chuck it back in the car and have another go at tuning. when i raced it i got it tuned perfectly for 1 race and it was quick as, still a little bit boggy on the low end. but after that it would stop runing-out. so i think it was something to do with tune. ill let u guys know how it goes.

Mitchell