Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion Wasp Rev CRF .21 >

Team Orion Wasp Rev CRF .21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion Wasp Rev CRF .21

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Team Orion Wasp Rev CRF .21

Team Orion Web Site
http://www.teamorion.com/news/ca40/newsid/160

RCWorld (Swiss) Web site - Larger photos
http://www.rcworld.ch/neueprojekte.asp?id=3999

According to the Web site, this is an off-road engine. Point of Contact is none other than Adrien Bertin: [email protected]

Old 01-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

It looks very good ! I hope it will be tested on the dyno and the results posted on the Nytrodynesystem site !
Old 01-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

I wonder what the on raod version will be like.. I hope it won't be anything like the .12 Wasp (very dissapointing.. )
Old 01-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitro_moe
I wonder what the on raod version will be like.. I hope it won't be anything like the .12 Wasp (very dissapointing.. )
What problems or bad exp have you had with the wasp .12 newer version i have personlty do not own one but i have read nothing but great things about it, or are you talking about the older version...friends of mine are trying to get me too buy one, but i will stick to novarossi
Old 01-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
What problems or bad exp have you had with the wasp .12 newer version i have personlty do not own one but i have read nothing but great things about it, or are you talking about the older version...friends of mine are trying to get me too buy one, but i will stick to novarossi
In my opinion,, it would be a very nice parking lot engine. Great for top end/high speed racing. Coming out of a tight turn and trying to accelerate,,, it's a nightmare compared to the medium/high performing engines like th O.S. TZ12 . The engine lacks bottom end power by a considerable margin compared to other manufacturers producing engines within the same price range.

It even says so on their website. Brian Kinney wrote the same thing, and after testing the engine with the Skyline VR12+ one piece pipe it seemed to have given better results. Yet it was still under par.

Here's a link:
http://www.teamorion.com/FAQ/Wasp+Rev+CRF+Tuning

On the other hand,, Murnan Modified Motors just released a modified version of this engine.. I'm hoping that Uriah's version will turn the tides of this baby and really let it the tracks..

Anyways, it's just my opinion like I said earlier and maybe I am basing my opinion on the track I'm running my cars at. It might not be the right track for the Wasp Rev CRF 12.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro_moe
In my opinion,, it would be a very nice parking lot engine. Great for top end/high speed racing. Coming out of a tight turn and trying to accelerate,,, it's a nightmare compared to the medium/high performing engines like th O.S. TZ12 . The engine lacks bottom end power by a considerable margin compared to other manufacturers producing engines within the same price range.

It even says so on their website. Brian Kinney wrote the same thing, and after testing the engine with the Skyline VR12+ one piece pipe it seemed to have given better results. Yet it was still under par.

Here's a link:
http://www.teamorion.com/FAQ/Wasp+Rev+CRF+Tuning

On the other hand,, Murnan Modified Motors just released a modified version of this engine.. I'm hoping that Uriah's version will turn the tides of this baby and really let it the tracks..

Anyways, it's just my opinion like I said earlier and maybe I am basing my opinion on the track I'm running my cars at. It might not be the right track for the Wasp Rev CRF 12.
Actually, it has quite a bit of bottom end if you work on it. It does take quite a bit of expertise (or trial and error in my case) to get the engine, clutch and pipe just right for the conditions and type of track you're running on, but it is possible. As I understand it, the new carb parts adds some bottom end to it. It also helps if you are driving a RRR.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Personally, I've never owned one. From what I've seen at the track,, guys with tons of experience more than me got rid of their Wasps within a week or 2 at the most. Wether they had a new version or not,, I really don't know..
Old 01-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

I seen a local guy at the track with a wasp .12 fast as hell running a vr12 pipe not the plus pipe, and was t boned and had to switch to another pipe vr12 plus and noticed a huge difference no bottom power on cornering turns, and so on with that pipe, so yeah i think the pipe will also make big diff
Old 01-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

The pipe is one of the most important components of an engine setup. You can take the best engine in the world, if you put a crappy pipe on it, it will run like crap. Also they way the pipes are made (and because of tolerances), even if they are of the same type, one pipe can work better than an other one.

As of know we know of several pipes, besides our 2626, that work good. We are still developing pipes and will have some new offerings very soon.

As for bottom end, even more so if you have the updated carb parts, it should be no problem at all...
Old 01-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Wasp .21

Nano,

Can you tell us more about when the .21 on road version might be out?

Steve
Old 01-31-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

The first pictures from Nurnberg are now online, a day before the show opens, and include pre release photos of the new Team Orion CRF Wasp .21 circuit motor, as well as their new .28, .15 and .18 motors.

Check it out here: http://www.redrc.net
Old 01-31-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by corallyman
Nano,

Can you tell us more about when the .21 on road version might be out?

Steve
The testing of the .21 engine is currently underway. As soon as I have new info about the release I will post it on our website.

Here's a pic of the .21 On-road engine, notice the different crankcase and head.
Attached Thumbnails Team Orion Wasp Rev CRF .21-21_on.jpg  

Last edited by Nano; 01-31-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Just in case anyone didn't spot these yet...

http://www.redrc.net/2007/01/nurnber...res/#more-1191
Old 07-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

any feedback on these motors ??
Old 07-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

CRF12 /21 arrived !
Attached Thumbnails Team Orion Wasp Rev CRF .21-ori80602.jpg   Team Orion Wasp Rev CRF .21-ori80608.jpg   Team Orion Wasp Rev CRF .21-ori88009.jpg   Team Orion Wasp Rev CRF .21-ori88009a.jpg