R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Tuning my TRX 3.3

I have a 3.3 (pretty new, 1 gallon) with a Vantage Racing carbon fibre exhaust.

When I first put it on it was running fine (10% fuel, I know its low but its all I have atm), maybe a little lean. So I richened it up a little and it was revving pretty high. I had stopped to put some more fuel in when it started to dangerously over rev. I got worried so I cut the engine.

I used it after it had cooled down and it seemed okay, but it was sometimes stopping when I floored it off the start, but I am more of an electric guy and have no idea if it is running too lean, or too rich.

I'd like some advice (could it be the fuel?)
Losi 8ight-E 2.0, LRP Shark, Xray M18T custom extended, Traxxas VXL Revo
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Tech Rookie
Default Thread Tuning my TRX 3.3

It has been my experience with these motors that you constantly have to tune them. I had my 2.5 way out of adjustment. My advice would be to go back to factory settings on the carb. You can find them on the traxxas website. 4 turns on the high and flush on the low. Also, if you do not have a filter on the fuel line, get one. It almost sounds like you have a peice of dirt in the carb. Pull the carb, clean it, emory cloth the needles to eliminate any possible burrs and reset it.

Btw, this is everything I had to do on my truck.

Good luck.
turnpike_cruise is offline   Reply With Quote