Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
359 - 35 plus 21 - Cordoba - Differences?? >

359 - 35 plus 21 - Cordoba - Differences??

359 - 35 plus 21 - Cordoba - Differences??

Old 05-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default 359 - 35 plus 21 - Cordoba - Differences??

All three motors are in the same price range and the specs look very similar.

Does any have any idea what the differences are internally and on the track.

Thanks

Jamie
Old 05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can't say what the differences are on the track, but the cranks are 14.5mm. but are all different along with the rods. The crank pins have different sizes with matching conrod. I believe the 35 Plus 21 uses the same crank pin as the other Novas, while the Cordoba version and 359 use smaller crank pins each being different also. Also, some say the 35 plus series have more bottom end torque, while the 359 is smoother with more top speed.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default 35 Plus 21 LC vs Cordoba differences?

Hi,
I own the LC LE version and thinking of getting the Cordoba if at all it has its benefits over my current LC.
I too am wondering about the definite facts about the differences between the LC Limited Edition and LC/WC Cordoba Edition??

Could anyone shed some light on this as I can't find any information about differences between the two engines.
EXCEPT: Novarossi site does infact point out that the Cordoba has a different carburetor which has cooling ribs to keep fuel as cool as possible before entering chamber and also something about the carb having double adjustment as opposed to the LC/LE only having single, AND someone I know says that Nova kept the parts in the bottom half all 359 plus2 Race parts and piston/sleeve/head 35 plus 21 parts for the Cordoba? Not sure if true.

Would it be worth it to get a Cordoba when I already have an LC/LE?

Regards,
Jeff
Old 06-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This info was given to me my a forum member who owns one, I hve just bought one my self but havent used it yet

the cordoba is a 35plus 21, but its also part 359, carrying the 359 button head and crank but a 35 plus case, the motors timing has been advanced at the crank which gives its bottom end power (35plus) and it has great mid to top end power (359) but its run time is less, which then it helps to gear up the motor to make that run time, i do like the motor alot and rate it highly, you wont be disspointed, but keep in mind the great power response is also thanks to the matched P/L.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PROVK
This info was given to me my a forum member who owns one, I hve just bought one my self but havent used it yet

the cordoba is a 35plus 21, but its also part 359, carrying the 359 button head and crank but a 35 plus case, the motors timing has been advanced at the crank which gives its bottom end power (35plus) and it has great mid to top end power (359) but its run time is less, which then it helps to gear up the motor to make that run time, i do like the motor alot and rate it highly, you wont be disspointed, but keep in mind the great power response is also thanks to the matched P/L.
O nice to know so the Cordoba is a 'Mutt' haha
A good all around FAST 'Mutt', must be damn difficult to get specific parts for the Cordoba.

By the way what do you mean by "matched P/L"? What is P/L?

Appreciate the input!

P.S. my LC has just been broken in with about 2 gallons through it so far and I have changed out the rear ceramic with a nova steel 9-ball bearing, same front bearing and changed all the o-rings and gaskets...except for the carb.
When should I change the C1 conrod??? And how will I know when to change it?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

P/L is piston and liner.

You should change rod after break in, about 4 litres!!
Then I would inspect for wear periodicly and replace say every 10 litres,
changing the rod is a good insurance policy coz when it breaks say good bye to you engine
Old 06-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PROVK
P/L is piston and liner.

You should change rod after break in, about 4 litres!!
Then I would inspect for wear periodicly and replace say every 10 litres,
changing the rod is a good insurance policy coz when it breaks say good bye to you engine
Uh oh...sounds like I need to change that conrod soon!
I assume changing the Piston/Sleeve comes later when it becomes apparent that the compression is no longer present?