Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
OS .12 tr turbo head on .12 TG >

OS .12 tr turbo head on .12 TG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS .12 tr turbo head on .12 TG

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Default OS .12 tr turbo head on .12 TG

Is it possible? I just switched to turbo plugs on my truggy and figure i'd do this (if possible) to keep supplies more standard (Just turbo's for racing) Has anyone tryed it? Any idea if it would run right? thanks for any info
Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

So no one has tryed it? I got a TR and a TG, so i'll try it and report back as to how it works
Old 04-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not sure what you're wanting to do? If you are wanting to run a turbo plug in a TR, they make a turbo head button for that engine... cheaper then buying a head.

edit: Sorry, for some reason I was thinking you were trying to put tg head on a tr.

Last edited by Ed Anderson; 04-01-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Nope, the other way around. I'm trying to consolidate the glowplugs. Instead of two or three of two different plugs, both run same type and can save a bit of money. Besides the turbo's are more durable in my experience. I run 20% sidewinder in my TG and 30% byron's gen2 in my v-spec, I plan to move to 30% Byrons Gen2 as soon as the last of my sidewinder 20% runs out
Old 04-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Turbos aren't necessarily more durable. The only difference you'd get from going to those from standard plugs is maybe 1k rpm. Still, it's not really a worthy upgraded nor will you notice the power increase.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Turbos aren't necessarily more durable. The only difference you'd get from going to those from standard plugs is maybe 1k rpm. Still, it's not really a worthy upgraded nor will you notice the power increase.
how do you get a 1000rpm from a turbo head swap? I thought the only difference was that the plug had a "better seal" and more consistent chamber volume....
Old 04-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

It was an estimate reading done in an RCCA magazine review. To get this though both standard plug and the turbo engine had to be tuned perfectly and ran with the same pipe. Say like an RB V12 and V12 turbo plug.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

The better durability is just my experience, Other than that i have no info on wether they are more durable.

My plan wasn't to gain performance, or consistency (though both would be a bonus), I wanted to consolidate parts. Instead of 5 or 6 of two different plugs, I can have 6 to 8 of one. I know the turbo's are more expensive, but more parts that are universal, the less you have to carry. Besides if i wanted performance, I can port it to get what i want. I chose not to, because you don't really need a lot of power in stadium truck
Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You need a #21454611 Inner Head and that will let you use a turbo plug in a TR