Wiki Posts
Search

JL EVO 3 "TUNED"

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Now that's even better than your statement in WC thread.

You REALLY thought hard how you could make any connection between your beloved JLR and the engine Daniele ran, huh.
Very creative, but unfortunately complete BS.

As I said in the other thread, Daniele is running Picco heatsinks in all his cars due to the sonsorship deal with Picco.

fact is that he is building his own engines for himself and trust me, they have not much in common with the JLR.
Running Picco heat sinks? why hide your own engine line, if it is good ,
just to let everybody know that IDM modifies his own engine and
JL "TUNED" is a re badge PICCO EDO modified engine. and there is a difference, that is
why the PICCO EDO was used at the world championship....... and it won!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Running Picco heat sinks? why hide your own engine line, if it is good ,
just to let everybody know that IDM modifies his own engine and
JL "TUNED" is a re badge PICCO EDO modified engine. and there is a difference, that is
why the PICCO EDO was used at the world championship....... and it won!
You are just discrediting yourself and that dumping price engine you seem to love so much.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RedRC
Hey Guys, Just to clarify that Daniele was using 'Picco' engines, not IDM. Daniele corrected us earlier in the week when we wrote IDM engines, he was never claiming to be running IDM, and then just using a Picco branded motor. This is a win for the Picco motor, and it was Picco that paid for his trip to the Worlds so he wanted us to emphasize this.
Posted by RedRc in the 2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On Road World Championships thread.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Is Stefan the new Walley Edmonds seems to now alot about everything
Old 08-19-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugenville
Isn't he the one with "Red dot's suck" in his sig? That statement alone should discredit everything he says.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mugenville
Rob you nailed it
Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i think it's time to let it go and give each other a break?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

hey guys whats the best way to get the internal bearing out of the tune?
cheers
Old 08-25-2008, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hey guys whats the best way to get the internal bearing out of the tune?
cheers
Heat it up to 450* (i think F) in a conventional oven... Using a mit glove (for the heat), just tap it out... To get it back in there... Place the engine again in the oven at the same temperature... And place the bearing inside the freezer for atleast 10 minutes... If you want it easier, place it in a glass filled with water and ice and it will cool faster. But after installing it, you gotta clean that water with WD-40. To install it... I used an old toothbrush that I have in my pitbox to clean stuff, and I placed the rear bearing on the other side of the toothbrush to have complete control of it... If you removed both bearings, I'd suggest to get the inner first, then the outer.... Remember to remove the carb and any other component and just stay with the crankcase alone...
Old 08-25-2008, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

hey thanks for that all good with the inner bearing except the outer bearing came apart leaving the ring still in the engine so i am trying to work out how the hell to get the ring out without scratching the crap out of the engine looks like I may have to take it to a bearing shop to get some advise as i am all out of options??anyone?
cheers for the help!
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Heat it up to 450* (i think F) in a conventional oven... Using a mit glove (for the heat), just tap it out... To get it back in there... Place the engine again in the oven at the same temperature... And place the bearing inside the freezer for atleast 10 minutes... If you want it easier, place it in a glass filled with water and ice and it will cool faster. But after installing it, you gotta clean that water with WD-40. To install it... I used an old toothbrush that I have in my pitbox to clean stuff, and I placed the rear bearing on the other side of the toothbrush to have complete control of it... If you removed both bearings, I'd suggest to get the inner first, then the outer.... Remember to remove the carb and any other component and just stay with the crankcase alone...
Old 08-25-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

hey thanks for that all good with the inner bearing except the outer bearing came apart leaving the ring still in the engine so i am trying to work out how the hell to get the ring out without scratching the crap out of the engine looks like I may have to take it to a bearing shop to get some advise as i am all out of options??anyone?
cheers for the help!
Wow... That sucks big time... Only way I see it, is to heat it even more... Get it up to 500 then with a flathead screwdriver try to get it by pushing it through the crankcase (inserting the screw driver through where the backplate should be). Dunno if the crankcase can withstand 500F.... Probably can... But if your not in a hurry, go see if you can get a professional to do it...
Old 08-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Wow... That sucks big time... Only way I see it, is to heat it even more... Get it up to 500 then with a flathead screwdriver try to get it by pushing it through the crankcase (inserting the screw driver through where the backplate should be). Dunno if the crankcase can withstand 500F.... Probably can... But if your not in a hurry, go see if you can get a professional to do it...
yep thats for sure I think thats the way to go also I notice a small shim that came out not the ones under the button I looked at the diagrahm but dont see anything is there a small copper shim atop of where the sleeve goes in cause it just came out and I dont remember seeing anything there before??
cheers
Old 08-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yep, the tuned has a sleeve shim that goes between the sleeve and the crankcase.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
Yep, the tuned has a sleeve shim that goes between the sleeve and the crankcase.
thanks I thought so does anyone know where I can get one as this shim is in need of replacing?
cheers
Old 08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks I thought so does anyone know where I can get one as this shim is in need of replacing?
cheers
From past reading, you cannot get just that shim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.