Picco P7R Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default Picco P7R Thread

Based on recommendations of other users at this forum, I've bought one of these. If anyone has any info or hints on running these everyday, please let us in on it!

Why Picco? I think honesty is the reason - a lot of manufacturers are full of hot air when it comes to their engine performance, but not Picco. The figures all add up!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

How about some ideas on how you broke your in - I've already got a spare con-rod and rear bearing. How often do you change yours?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The picco based engines are good strong running engines. You really do not have to replace the rear bearing in the engine unless it fails. And I will say I have only seen two fail and it was lack of lubrication. So run it till you have a issue with the bearing. If it is a off road engine to be honest you should not have any problems with the rod after the first break in changing it after about every 2 gallons. replace when first done with the break in completely. Then goto the other duration.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Cheers - I ran it in on the weekend. It's still a little tight, but has awesome mid-range which caught me out a little. It's still breaking in, and it was changing still as I drove it. I'll prob use it one more day before changing the rod. It did suprise a few people at the track that had never seen one before.