Ninja Engines - Mugen

Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by stefan
Yeah right!
After the first Ninja project failed miserable, one would go out and spend more money on a re-badged OS engine.

Why not just buy the original OS and save some money.

Oh, right, I forgot the bandwagon thingy...

Rolin' rollin' rollin'.....
you are right but i think it will be done right if the price isnt right well we will just have to wait for it to get right dont forget mugen did have the mugen x12 not a bad motor ya think
Old 01-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
you are right but i think it will be done right if the price isnt right well we will just have to wait for it to get right dont forget mugen did have the mugen x12 not a bad motor ya think

I never missed punctuations so much as when I try and understand the one and only sloartist.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:58 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Oh, right, I forgot the bandwagon thingy...
Rolin' rollin' rollin'.....

Originally Posted by Roelof
Hmmm.... lt looks like the thinking of Serpent: "we want our own engine and if it isn't good we go to another manufacturer", somewhere it stops I think.....
Time to quit running Mugen cars then Roelof, or not?.....

But I think it's nice to see OS engines hit the on-road market.
My first engine was an OS (we'll it was a Veco 19, but that didn't last long) so I have always had a weak spot for them, let's hope they can make an engine which can compete with the top.....
Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Lord

So far the car is still good although some devellopment in the MRX4-X I do not understand (different chassis, same mounting only because the different batteryplate). Oh well, as long the engine devellopment is not affecting the car.....

But yes, it is good to see OS is getting into the top onroad market again as also my 1st engine was an OS. I only hope for Ninja they have learned something from GRP and will sell real competive engines out of the box so there is no (less) need for a more expensive tuned version..
Old 01-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FF25510
Wow then i was thinking about the .12 OS Speed spec II + Ninja = ???, i hope the price will not too high.
wait for the summer, .12 on road engines will hit the us
if its good as the os tz with some os speed parts treatment and reasonable price, should be a winner for sure!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

www.ninja-engines.com after mid-night. It is going to be quite sometime before you see a .21 on-road. So that means for those individuals that are interested; you all have plenty of time to continue bashing the GRP engine! As well as devise all kinds of wild and crazy rumors regarding the new product. "Good things come for those who wait". Have patience...
Old 01-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Honestly, I do admire total brand loyalty as you are showing it here, I seriously do!

But, what exactly are you expecting from the new Ninja engines? That they are going to be better than the OS mills?

Why would OS do that? To kill sales of their own brand? Or to show the world that they could build faster / better engines if they wanted?

GRP and Mugen had the chance to realize their own concept with the Ninja brand and it didn't work. You think they got that much engine knowledge over everybody else, that they are going to show OS how it's done? Rather unlikely, or the first Ninja experiment would have turned out better.

So, in reality, what I think you should expect, is a re-badged OS engine, which will always be a tad behind OS's top of the range products.

Btw, I am a Mugen guy as well, altough I don't like the companies subsidiaries in Europe and US the least bit. Never drove another brand gas car, but I don't worship them

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
www.ninja-engines.com after mid-night. It is going to be quite sometime before you see a .21 on-road. So that means for those individuals that are interested; you all have plenty of time to continue bashing the GRP engine! As well as devise all kinds of wild and crazy rumors regarding the new product. "Good things come for those who wait". Have patience...
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I pretty sure that part of the move from the GRP series has to due with the high Euro exchange rate. This is one factors behind why Novarossi USA has lowered prices.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:31 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

But, what exactly are you expecting from the new Ninja engines? That they are going to be better than the OS mills?

Why would OS do that? To kill sales of their own brand? Or to show the world that they could build faster / better engines if they wanted?

Why not Stefan?
Isn't the IDM engine faster then the original Picco?

So why isn't OS Max capable of building a Ninja engine which might be faster then there own original product?....

I'm not saying it will be, only saying that it is possible.

OS max has a big market in Planes and Heli's, and don't need the on-road market to earn money......
Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
Why not Stefan?

So why isn't OS Max capable of building a Ninja engine which might be faster then there own original product?....

OS max has a big market in Planes and Heli's, and don't need the on-road market to earn money......
The IDM's are like JP Racing engines. There is a tuner/modifier making or building the engines to their specs from Picco/Novarossi parts. The new Ninja series will be coming most likely from O.S. themselves, unless Mugen is getting someone to hand modify or tune them like the JP or IDM engines.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
Why not Stefan?

OS has just started to make a name for themselves with their Speed line of engines and I am pretty sure that we will see further news from them in Nuremberg.

So, obviously, they are interested to gain market share in the onroad market and their own engine line will obviously be more important to them than a toll manufactured engine, don't you think?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ezveedub
I pretty sure that part of the move from the GRP series has to due with the high Euro exchange rate. This is one factors behind why Novarossi USA has lowered prices.
Then they would have switched to a Taiwanese or Chinese manufacturer, not to OS. The OS engine are by now almost as expensive over here than the Italian mills.

Novarossi has lowered their prices worldwide, because the re-birth of Picco and the competitiveness of the OS Speed engines made them realize, that the times when they could ask any price for their engines, are over.

In some shops over here you can buy the NR Plus 12-3ST cheaper than an OS or Picco engine........
Old 01-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Lord

Interesting question....
Who is the guy in service of Mugen behind the specs of the Ninja Engine ?

Because the Ninja MRT line I suspect at GRP it was Mario Rossi. Then indeed it could be that OS is determing the specs of the new Ninja engine.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Then they would have switched to a Taiwanese or Chinese manufacturer, not to OS. The OS engine are by now almost as expensive over here than the Italian mills.

Novarossi has lowered their prices worldwide, because the re-birth of Picco and the competitiveness of the OS Speed engines made them realize, that the times when they could ask any price for their engines, are over.

In some shops over here you can buy the NR Plus 12-3ST cheaper than an OS or Picco engine........
If you were Mugen, you would honestly hand your driver's a Taiwanese/Chinese engine?! Would you buy it if it were made there? Yes, O.S. is competive, but the Yen to dollar and the EURO to dollar does affect the pricing structure for these companies. Its strictly price marketing, as I buy O.S. engines from Asia way cheaper than in the U.S. simply because of the "market price" B.S.
You're in Germany, try buying an BMW, Audi, or VW there, then price it here in the U.S. and see which is cheaper. The Euro is higher than the dollar, but the cars are priced way less here in the U.S.
Mugen Racing here in the US would love to get the JP Racing engines again, but the Euro is stopping it right now. All the details of the new Ninja engine will be disclosed at the Toy Fair.

Last edited by ezveedub; 01-30-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ezveedub
If you were Mugen, you would honestly hand your driver's a Taiwanese/Chinese engine?! Would you buy it if it were made there? Yes, O.S. is competive, but the Yen to dollar and the EURO to dollar does affect the pricing structure for these companies. Its strictly price marketing, as I buy O.S. engines from Asia way cheaper than in the U.S. simply because of the "market price" B.S.
You're in Germany, try buying an BMW, Audi, or VW there, then price it here in the U.S. and see which is cheaper. The Euro is higher than the dollar, but the cars are priced way less here in the U.S.
Mugen Racing here in the US would love to get the JP Racing engines again, but the Euro is stopping it right now. All the details of the new Ninja engine will be disclosed at the Toy Fair.
First, Mugen lost more than a year of competitive racing because they handed their drivers a dud for an engine.
Second: The US is just a part of the market for Mugen. Honestly, I think Europe is the better and more important market for them at this point in time.

You guys are looking at a probably sharp dip in your economy and my 10 years living in the States taught me that when the money starts getting tight, the hobby is the first thing to suffer...

Trust me, I know about marketing and politics. The Touareg I drove in the States cost 20,000 Euros less than in Germany. Fact is, that you can only charge, what the market is willing to pay.

Same goes for RC btw.......

My view of the GRP/Ninja episode is, that they hired Mario Rossi and thought they'd get all the knowledge of NR with him.

Reality was, that obviously Mario did not have the full insight at NR, especially in regards to metallurgy and he simply didn't get it right...

Seem that the Old Man at NR is one smart cookie....

That's just what I think!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.