Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
ORION CRF .12.............BAD PISTON CASTING >

ORION CRF .12.............BAD PISTON CASTING

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORION CRF .12.............BAD PISTON CASTING

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by M7H
Reading is an art.....
True, and so you can ask yourself why he is mentioning such a tool....
Old 11-16-2007, 04:21 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
True, and so you can ask yourself why he is mentioning such a tool....
Because he already new, somebody would ask him this question?......
Old 11-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
Because he already new, somebody would ask him this question?......
Or he use one
Old 11-16-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Look people............I am not stupid.........I have been running nitro longer than most of you have. I talked about the tool because EVERYONE ONE OF YOU "I KNOW IT ALL" KIND OF PEOPLE think you have an answer.......in fact all you know is what you read in mags. Get your $hit right before posting. Have a question.PM ME.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

OH.........BTW........I never asked ORION to replace anything.........I called with a simple question and got the brush off.........that is why I said the service is shity.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

If not because of piston tool, Maybe the piston was too hot and reaching close to aluminum melting point, then the combustion process push the piston out of it's shape.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

It shimmed right and never got over 240.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TeeKuang
If not because of piston tool, Maybe the piston was too hot and reaching close to aluminum melting point, then the combustion process push the piston out of it's shape.
Huh......Melting point of aluminium is 1220 F.Hardly likely to get anywhere near that unless you put it in a furnace.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You know the funny thing about this thread is how many of you posting immediately jumped to conclusions and started bashing rc_freak. It could be a possibility that he got a substandard piston in his engine. However, the rest of us don't really know what happened but to automatically bash the guy, wow!! Not once did I read that he wanted money back or for Orion to replace the engine at no cost! But again, we weren't there so we don't know what happened or was said in the phone conversations. Lets just hope that something like this never happens to you and you decide to post it out here on RCTech (for those that jumped to the negative conclusions blaming rc_freak). Just remember not to get mad/angry/upset when you don't get any sympathy from your fellow posters out here.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks JLock....................Your right, I never asked Orion to fix or replace it.

I did talk a cool person at Orion this afternoon and he said to send the piston and sleeve in. They had seen it twice before. He also said there was a bad batch of motors (version 1 ). That happens to be the one I have. Anyway, he said he would do what he could to help. We shall see what happens.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_freak
Thanks JLock....................Your right, I never asked Orion to fix or replace it.

I did talk a cool person at Orion this afternoon and he said to send the piston and sleeve in. They had seen it twice before. He also said there was a bad batch of motors (version 1 ). That happens to be the one I have. Anyway, he said he would do what he could to help. We shall see what happens.
No problem, dude. If you had bashed Orion or something like that in your postings, that is one thing. However, you never said anything negative and it appeared to me that you put this out there to see if others had the same happen to them and to get a feel on what they did to fix/resolve the issue. I am glad that you found someone at Orion to help you and get this issue resolved. I just wish that others would stop being so negative and not jump to conclusions or read more into the situation unless they know all the details. Good luck and I hope you get your engine running again.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Allan
Huh......Melting point of aluminium is 1220 F.Hardly likely to get anywhere near that unless you put it in a furnace.

yeah, i know, but I just said 'Maybe'
Old 11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
No problem, dude. If you had bashed Orion or something like that in your postings, that is one thing. However, you never said anything negative and it appeared to me that you put this out there to see if others had the same happen to them and to get a feel on what they did to fix/resolve the issue. I am glad that you found someone at Orion to help you and get this issue resolved. I just wish that others would stop being so negative and not jump to conclusions or read more into the situation unless they know all the details. Good luck and I hope you get your engine running again.
Read the title of this post. It immediately calls attention to a supposed bad casting procedure on Orions part. And he yelled it!

Then went on to discribe the lousy support he recieved from Orion.

It is a shame that a $300 motor only last 1 gallon.
It also a shame the Orion's customer service is bad as well.
If the thread read: Orion CRF .12......Piston trouble, or: Orion CRF .12...Anyone seen this? I wouldn't have reacted the way I did. But with his title and post, he came off like he was bashing Orion and mentioning the piston locking tool without being provoked makes him seem guilty.

rc_freak, my offer still stands.

BK
Old 11-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

I am working on geting good pics. I tried both cameras and both are not very clear.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

maybe i'm wrong but it seems as though the guy f**ked up his engine, and is trying to get a free replacement from orion by making a big public statement about his issues.

no way in hell can engine just under normal use can produce a hole like that. Now i can't see the hole too well in the pictures, but it seems as though it is a rather clean hole, with clean edges. i can't see how the combustion process can make such a hole.

also, if the piston was weak and inferior, to such an extent that a hole was made in it, there may have been (or should have been ) a greater chance of this happenign during break in due to the high compression, not after.

i'm not saying 100% that he is lying, or fibbing, but what i am saying is the possibilities of this happening are so small, that it's a 1 in 1million possibility, there is technically a higher possibility of user error.

dude to get beter close up shots you need to put the camera in macro mode (the little flower symbol)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.