Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
What Novarossi model is this? >

What Novarossi model is this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Novarossi model is this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Default What Novarossi model is this?

Guys, this came with a 1/8 BMT i bought, what Novarossi model is this? Says 2000 on side of motor and the head has a distinct look at the bottom edge. looked on Novarossi's site, don't see it. Thinking of maybe putting it in my Associated RC250....too fast?..

Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Lord

First of all the head is mounted wrong for onroad use, the glowplug will not get any cooling.

The Nova 2000 is an engine from somewhere 1991. There were 3 versions, an 4-port with a low square head, an 6-port with a large round head and an 8-port wit a head with fins on de downside like yours.

If it is in good condition it can perform like a lot of current top engines.

Only problem is that you have to search for replacement parts....
Old 12-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
First of all the head is mounted wrong for onroad use, the glowplug will not get any cooling.

The Nova 2000 is an engine from somewhere 1991. There were 3 versions, an 4-port with a low square head, an 6-port with a large round head and an 8-port wit a head with fins on de downside like yours.

If it is in good condition it can perform like a lot of current top engines.

Only problem is that you have to search for replacement parts....
...............don't yell at me, it came that way........i'll turn it 90 before running it...........i think it may be an 8 port...i looked into the cylinder thru the exhaust and there's a whole bunch o ports.............seems to have a bunch of pinch in it......any part #s for this engine??
Old 12-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

You can't get part numbers for engines that are three years old, no less this one at roughly 16 years old. Just clean it up and put it on the shelf.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcg33k
You can't get part numbers for engines that are three years old, no less this one at roughly 16 years old. Just clean it up and put it on the shelf.
...why on the shelf.?..............i'll run 'er till she goes KABOOM in myRC250.........
Old 12-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

That head looks like a older big block .15 . I've seen many of them on older Serpent impacts and 835/235mm.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:09 AM
Tech Lord

True, a 3.5cc head did fit NovaMega SX15 and a lot of drivers did that for a better cooling.

So far I know it is a square stroke engine with a 13mm crankshaft, the same as for example the R&B S7C. But the crankpin is 4.9mm while most current crankpins are 5mm and R&B is using 5.1 if I am not mistaking.

For a conrod you can take a look if the one from a LC 35-plus is the same length, I was told it uses a 4.7mm crankpin so it could be modified to the use of your engine.