Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is EB Mods shutting down?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Glad to hear you changed your mind, I also have a .12tz eb mods and its awesome.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Sweet news ED I'm really glad to here that news!! I got another one....you may remember. My crank was 1000's out and well you said the block or casing was probably the same. Well from what i seen out of your engines i decided screw it and ordered another one...gotta pick it up tomorrow actually.

Family stuff is very hard at times to deal with alone..then factor in the stress of regular life and work...arhgggg! THANK GOD FOR R/C RACING!!! HEHE!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EBMods
Wow, I didn't treat customers like crap. I just had Crappy Customer Service. And I don't kiss ass, especially people who think they deserve it. I don't expect anyone to kiss mine either. Sorry, but it's hard to answer every call and email when I'm the only one here. From Dyno testing, Machining it's hard to get all the work finished on time,,,, and then answer calls and emails. Anyone who complains about my quality of work doesn't have a clue.

A new web site is almost finished and should be up by the end of the week. Look for it to have More Tech Data like Dyno Graphs, Engine Blueprints, Flow Bench Data, Engine Pics, Shop Pics, with a current News page.
look on forums for your reputation on faulty EB modded OS engines. There are plenty of them... start googling. There was even a celebration outside the forums on myspace LOL.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Several unanswered calls and voicemails to eb mods.

Ed - You have mail
Old 11-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kemorc
EB treated his customers like crap.

He treated them like they didn't know a thing. What put him out? OS engines. There were a bunch of people complaining about his quality of work, people telling others to look elsewhere for engine modding.

Its good to see this (people who run a business like him into the ground).
Originally Posted by EBMods
Wow, I didn't treat customers like crap. I just had Crappy Customer Service. And I don't kiss ass, especially people who think they deserve it. I don't expect anyone to kiss mine either. Sorry, but it's hard to answer every call and email when I'm the only one here. From Dyno testing, Machining it's hard to get all the work finished on time,,,, and then answer calls and emails. Anyone who complains about my quality of work doesn't have a clue.

A new web site is almost finished and should be up by the end of the week. Look for it to have More Tech Data like Dyno Graphs, Engine Blueprints, Flow Bench Data, Engine Pics, Shop Pics, with a current News page.
kemorc sounds like you are right just by the way he responded to your comments
Old 12-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

EB, glad to hear you made it through the hard stuff bud, keep up the killer work.

Brian
Old 12-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Well, I've got EB Mod V Spec that locked up last week very prematurely. It was my favorite .21 less than 2 gallons on it, but now I'm questioning the quality of the mod it did run very good and I was leading when it died. But I have other V Spec's with several gallons on them with no problems, and I emailed Ed a week ago with no response. So I will probably be looking at a different .21 for a replacement, seeing all the retailers don't handle it anymore, and OS took it off their website.

ED YOU HAVE MAIL !!!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wow... I feel for you ED. Due to the nature of RC and nitro engines , you get a guy with failed motors or that wont tune and they automatically blame you.

Well. Its the nature of the best. I also believe when hes modding motors and pretty much anyone else unless instructed to go beyond normal means you wont find a motor dying due to a modifier unless they are just seriously retarded.

Tearing/fanging spots on a motor isnt going to cause it to prematurely die....but I really have no idea what Ed is doing.

Anyhow , good luck and allthough ive heard bad too , its easily overcome if you do come up with a clear and defined policy that competitive with others who have good standing names...simple as that.

But beyond that who offers warranty on nitro motors anyhow? Not many and if they do its courtesy.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Wow... I feel for you ED. Due to the nature of RC and nitro engines , you get a guy with failed motors or that wont tune and they automatically blame you.
Look on this forum. If someone is asking a good engine to start with there are always people advising a tuned version and many others who agree. That has to stop, it is the worst advise you can give to a starter.