Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi MT12

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Novarossi MT12

Hello all, its been a while since my last post, but i still frequent this site to pick up new and important info. My question today is about my Nitro engine. In my last race i was loosing my tune, the fuel outlet adjusting screw seems to wiggle, and turn all the way clockwise when the engine is at high revs. Of course I loose the tune when this happens and need to make adjustments. Once at high revs the same thing occurs again. all the other adjustment screws are at the right points, but its the fuel outlet adjusting screw that cant seem to stay put. what can i do to fix this. Does this mean the fuel outlet adjusting screw is somewhat stripped 'dosent look like it' ,or is it the threads in the carb that are stripped

Any help would be great

thanks
Old 07-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghett0
Hello all, its been a while since my last post, but i still frequent this site to pick up new and important info. My question today is about my Nitro engine. In my last race i was loosing my tune, the fuel outlet adjusting screw seems to wiggle, and turn all the way clockwise when the engine is at high revs. Of course I loose the tune when this happens and need to make adjustments. Once at high revs the same thing occurs again. all the other adjustment screws are at the right points, but its the fuel outlet adjusting screw that cant seem to stay put. what can i do to fix this. Does this mean the fuel outlet adjusting screw is somewhat stripped 'dosent look like it' ,or is it the threads in the carb that are stripped

Any help would be great

thanks
Sounds like your High Speed Needle orings are worn out, replacing them will solve your problem, the O-Ring is what holds the High Speed Needle (screw) in place.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

merci

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Sounds like your High Speed Needle orings are worn out, replacing them will solve your problem, the O-Ring is what holds the High Speed Needle (screw) in place.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone kno the stock needle settings for this engine?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check novarossi's website. They have breakdowns of all their engines on there and you should be able to find yours.