Community
Wiki Posts
Search

oil for mix

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default oil for mix

where is the best choice and percentage of oil or oils in your on road racing fuel?????
thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

I'd say 10% - 12% is the range you want to be in for onroad.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by carletto
where is the best choice and percentage of oil or oils in your on road racing fuel?????
thanks
-i run 8%
Old 06-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

half castor and synth?????
brand????type????
thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

half castor and synth?????
brand????type????
thanks
Do a search on that forum, this is a question that has been quite discussed and you'll find valuable information.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

if you are to run a mix of castor and synthetic, go no lower than 10%. if you plan to run 100% castor, you CAN go down to 8%. Castor oil protects best at higher temperatures... so if it does start to get a little warm, your engine wont suffer as bad as it would if you ran with a mix of synthetic.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Oil

Blendzall racing castor - green label. It is really good oil and i use 10% oil.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Do a search on that forum, this is a question that has been quite discussed and you'll find valuable information.
can you help me.....
i'm very disappointed with my fuel (tornado )
thanks
Old 06-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 06-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

There are lots of good fuels, all depends on how much nitro you want to use and the country you are, sure shooters are various: O'Donnell, Maxys, Roga, RB, JP/RunnerTime/Spark (all three fuels made by the same: Passerini).

Good fuels are various, you only need to see what fits more on your pocket and which ones are available on your LHS.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

can you help me.....
i'm very disappointed with my fuel (tornado )
thanks
wait... tornado? are you by chance from europe?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

thanks
6% Klotz Benol Castor
4% Klotz Techniplate Synth.

www.klotzlube.com

The best, bar none!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like to use 6% Supertechniplate (Klotz) and 2% Maxima 927 racing castor for oil, and VP Nitromethane and Methanol.

I think you will find that the difficulty will be obtaining the Nitro, as it is now a controlled substance in the US. (I hear the Oklahoma city bomber used nitromethane in his bomb recipe, now it is restricted for purchase. I was actually screened and had a background check the last time I purchased some!)

I have heard of some super-oil available from Motul (I think) that costs more than $100 per Liter (you know, the stuff that supposedly turns the fuel tank and everything black after use) This oil is supposedly making the best power and is used by Andrea Rossi for his race team as well as some other top teams, but I have yet to obtain and test some. If anybody has any leads on getting this oil in the US let me know and I will test it on the dyno.

There are some pretty handy programs available online to help with the mixing quantities if you are going to blend your own. You just need to do some Google searching.
BK
Old 06-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

I talked to Cyrul a while back when he was still running Sirio engines. He told me about the mysterie oil. It's actually made for aircraft and helicopter turbines and it has a dye in it that reacts with UV light. The dye is there to detect leaks in the oil lines and the turbines. When it gets in touch with sunlight it tuns black.

Gets a lot of attention, but it's a PR stunt.

The oil itself is supposed to be very good. They ran only 3% of it at the 2003 worlds in Cinncinnati.

Btw, up to 2004, when I still lived in the US, I simply ordered my nitro methane from World Wide Racing fuels. Also, if you have a drag strip in the area, chances are that there will be shops that have NM in stock.

Originally Posted by mxwrench
I like to use 6% Supertechniplate (Klotz) and 2% Maxima 927 racing castor for oil, and VP Nitromethane and Methanol.

I think you will find that the difficulty will be obtaining the Nitro, as it is now a controlled substance in the US. (I hear the Oklahoma city bomber used nitromethane in his bomb recipe, now it is restricted for purchase. I was actually screened and had a background check the last time I purchased some!)

I have heard of some super-oil available from Motul (I think) that costs more than $100 per Liter (you know, the stuff that supposedly turns the fuel tank and everything black after use) This oil is supposedly making the best power and is used by Andrea Rossi for his race team as well as some other top teams, but I have yet to obtain and test some. If anybody has any leads on getting this oil in the US let me know and I will test it on the dyno.

There are some pretty handy programs available online to help with the mixing quantities if you are going to blend your own. You just need to do some Google searching.
BK
Old 06-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

whats bad about tornado
i use it and i like it.