Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am a drag racer only and looked on the MMM site and see that a drag modification costs $250. Don't get me wrong as I don't know what all that $250 entails BUT as long as I have been drag racing, I have never seen anbody use a dedicated Murnan "DRAG" modded engine. Sure there are guys that run on-road Murnan modded engines but no "DRAG" ones and for me to spend $250, does anybody have some track data on the drag modded engines? No matter the engine size as I have enough data to compare somewhat to comparable engine sizes. That's just a whole lotta cash to gamble with.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Who had tried the P9R evo3??
I want some impresions for that engine compared to nova's and rb's!
Also i noticed that MM P9R is 10$ cheaper that the 'stock' oneis corect?
Thank you guyz!

http://www.murnanmodified.com/produc...roducts_id=278

http://www.murnanmodified.com/produc...roducts_id=277
Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by staikosn1
Who had tried the P9R evo3??
I want some impresions for that engine compared to nova's and rb's!
Also i noticed that MM P9R is 10$ cheaper that the 'stock' oneis corect?
Thank you guyz!

http://www.murnanmodified.com/produc...roducts_id=278

http://www.murnanmodified.com/produc...roducts_id=277

The MMP9R will hang with the Novarossi engines on a small to medium track. On the long straights the Picco will not hang with the modified Novarossi engines.

Maybe some other people will chime in with their experiences with the engine.

That price was a mistake.

Thanks, Uriah
Old 01-18-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Cheap Engines

I have some new in box stock engines that I am blowing out. I have the following available.

1= Orion WASP REV .21 On Road = $250
1= Orion WASP REV .12 On Road = $175
1= Capricorn .21 CL9ET ABC On Road = $350
1= Capricorn .21 Off Road 5 Port = $250
1= Sirio XXXV package open, but never started = $250
2= Capricorn CL.12ET = $250 each
Old 01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brent Davis
I am a drag racer only and looked on the MMM site and see that a drag modification costs $250. Don't get me wrong as I don't know what all that $250 entails BUT as long as I have been drag racing, I have never seen anbody use a dedicated Murnan "DRAG" modded engine. Sure there are guys that run on-road Murnan modded engines but no "DRAG" ones and for me to spend $250, does anybody have some track data on the drag modded engines? No matter the engine size as I have enough data to compare somewhat to comparable engine sizes. That's just a whole lotta cash to gamble with.

LMAO, just what I thought. Oh well.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

"This engine modification includes front, and rear ceramic bearings. Extreme internal modifications get the most power possible out of the engine of your choice, without regard to runtime."

Considering a front/rear ceramic bearing kit is approx $140 - $190 (http://www.murnanmodified.com/index.php?cPath=33), I think $60 for a few hours work modifiying an engine is more then acceptable!

The other engine modifications you see for $149 do not include ceramic bearings.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Novarossi
"This engine modification includes front, and rear ceramic bearings. Extreme internal modifications get the most power possible out of the engine of your choice, without regard to runtime."

Considering a front/rear ceramic bearing kit is approx $140 - $190 (http://www.murnanmodified.com/index.php?cPath=33), I think $60 for a few hours work modifiying an engine is more then acceptable!

The other engine modifications you see for $149 do not include ceramic bearings.
Thanks sir. I did get that far from reading the site on my own but I am more interested in the REAL world drag racers or what MMM has as far as customer reviews. $250 is still a helluva alot of dough for that mod and I've never seen one at the tracks here on the east coast at all. I am just wondering what basis is the drag mod off of?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

What do you mean here?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Thanks sir. I did get that far from reading the site on my own but I am more interested in the REAL world drag racers or what MMM has as far as customer reviews. $250 is still a helluva alot of dough for that mod and I've never seen one at the tracks here on the east coast at all. I am just wondering what basis is the drag mod off of?
Please be more clear. I am not sure what you mean by the word basis in your last sentence. Do you mean what engine base like 35+21, or what the internal modifications are?

Where do you race on the East Coast? What drag engines do you mostly see? Do people really tell you what they are running?

From what I see here locally the fast guys try to keep the modified engines a secret, and they do not want you to know who modified their engine. You might get one, and beat them. That is what happens with my engines a lot.

Most of the people who buy my drag mod engines ask me to not mark the engine in any way. I will stop that for 2010. All drag mod heads will be signed. Unless the price is right. hehe. You will see a lot more of our drag mods in 2010. We have been very busy in the off season here testing. On, and off track.

Do you race to 132 feet or farther?

I agree it is a lot of money, but I am not making much. The bearings are what cost the most here.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can bet you that any motor that dawns Murnan name will be the fastest of the fast while being easy to tune. (the best of both worlds)
Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Grinder,

I race here in Maryland at Budds Creek. In fact I live about 10 minutes from 301 Raceway and have seen you guys out there but that is not my interest of racing although I like to just watch. We also race in Richmond, Va. and in North Carolina under the IMDRA.com series of RC drag racing. ALL racers show what engines that they use and the most engine used is the Kangaroo, Xenon "R" & ALPHA, 35+21 and some old C5's.

I wasn't asking at all about your internal mods as that would be stupid to even ask. What I was wondering was simply do you have any drag racers using that MMM modded engine and did they provide to you any data on it's performance. I understand the not marking engine blocks and heads as well but I will say that the 2009 IMDRA Champions used RBmods for the Funny Car/Pro-Mod championship using a Kangaroo and Cordoba, Nitrodynamics took the Top Fuel Championship using a Kangaroo and RBmods took the 2.0 index class with a .18 TZ. Litespeed engineering also provided some serious motors that ran track record ET's but car problems kept them out of the winners circle. There were some guys that had some MMM motors and they said that they simply took the engines off their 1/8th scale cars and like you said, they coulda had the mack daddy drag mod and didn't want us/others to know.

We are 132' drag racers ONLY and use 50-60% nitro on 5-8% oil range. I can care less about fuel milage as it just needs to go from A to B as quick as it can. The record for my Pro-Mod class is 1.604 seconds @84 MPH from a stand still to 132'. THAT is flying and we ALL are trying to be the first to go 1.5's. Basically I am interested in a MMM engine but wanted feedback as well.

Hoboshop, I wouldn't bet anything until it has proven itself. I cannot tell you how many times we have heard such promises/bets that never hold true. It aint all in the motor that makes a great pass, you know that.

Here's my Pro-Mod that uses dual turbo plugs.....one hot and one cold.

Even built and tried a boat engine
Old 01-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Wow, nice car! Looks like Xray Transmission on there
Old 01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 35+21 vs Kangaroo

Grinder,

I am in the market NOW for a Drag Race engine to upgrade from my P9R this season. I see on your site you offer the 35+21 and the Kangaroo BOTH for $799 w/ceramics, but the regular mod Kangaroo is $100 less.

Can you give more information on how these two engines compare/tested from strictly a drag race 132' comparison?

Your 35+21 says it is the ultimate, the fastest, but the Kangaroo says it's shown to run 1.5-1.6, some of the lowest times I have heard Also, what pipe set do you suggest for these two drag mod engines. Thank You

Murnan Modified Novarossi 35+21 Drag Race $799.00
This is the ultimate engine to go 132 FT the fastest. Offers the most torque of any .21 engine.

Murnan Modified S21WCS09 Drag Mod
[MMR1DRAG] $799.00
This engine has insane bottom end. This engine has been shown with the right car, pipe and driver to run in the 1.5-1.6 second range to 132 feet.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by OutlawIGT2
This engine has been shown with the right car, pipe and driver to run in the 1.5-1.6 second range to 132 feet.
[/B]
also, since this engine has been "SHOWN" to run in the 1.5-1.6 range, what chassis was this? A Top Fuel, Pro-Mod, Funny car?

I'm with OutlawIGT2 since we both race 132' drag race series FOR REAL. No tire kickers here, just wanting and needing a few answers to help make a engine builder choice in hopes of having an added edge in the nitro HP wars.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Has to be damn fast... how the hell you control that thing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.