Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Has anybody noticed on the new RBM3 that after minimal use it feels like the motor has no pinch??? Unlike my RBR3 still has heaps of pinch.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Green Machine
Has anybody noticed on the new RBM3 that after minimal use it feels like the motor has no pinch??? Unlike my RBR3 still has heaps of pinch.
? fuel
Old 08-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
? fuel
tommys rbm3 broke in and ran flawlesley at the glc on byrons fuel
Old 08-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Uriah,

Its Ali from Kuwait again

just wanted to say Hi and let you know that i just got back from the FEMCA 1/8 buggy race that was held in Kuala Lumpur few days ago,

bad luck strucked me during the whole race so i wasn't happy about it, on the other hand, i ran my SIIM engine the one you modified and sent me few monthes ago.

and let me tell you man, its insanely powerfull, after one of my best 10 minutes heat (and the only lucky one), guess who dropped by my table?!! Atsushi Hara he came by and was like '' you know whats your problem?'' so i told him what, he said " you have too much power , he said, you are doing wheelies all over the track '' he also said that its the most powerfull engine he's seen in the championship, he asked about it, so i told him its a sirio base engine tuned by a spanish company and modified by Murnan Modified, he was quiet impressed and i was really happy about it. thanks Uriah for your great job on my engine

cheers

Ali
Old 08-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
? fuel
Meccamo , Its still fast dont get me wrong but the piston doesnt seem tight in the sleeve , whereas my 1 1/2 year old R3 MM is still tight
Old 08-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Great Lakes Challenge !

I want to say Thank you to Uriah and Murnan Modified Motors for the
help with the motor during the Great Lakes Challenge it was more than
i can drive (Safely) !
The M353 was AWSOME !

Thanks again

Jeff Epperson
Old 08-06-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Green Machine
They have minimal pinch after fully run in. That makes the engine faster. There is just enough to seal when hot. The fit will begin to get tighter the more you run the engine. Mine has 6 gallons, and keeps getting faster.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grinder
Mine has 6 gallons, and keeps getting faster.
Are you serious about that?? You mean with same piston-sleeve, you run M3 for about 24lts of fuel and you say its getting faster??

So why most big teamdrivers run 2 engines for an event?

I am confused.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hi Uriah,

Its Ali from Kuwait again

just wanted to say Hi and let you know that i just got back from the FEMCA 1/8 buggy race that was held in Kuala Lumpur few days ago,

bad luck strucked me during the whole race so i wasn't happy about it, on the other hand, i ran my SIIM engine the one you modified and sent me few monthes ago.

and let me tell you man, its insanely powerfull, after one of my best 10 minutes heat (and the only lucky one), guess who dropped by my table?!! Atsushi Hara he came by and was like '' you know whats your problem?'' so i told him what, he said " you have too much power , he said, you are doing wheelies all over the track '' he also said that its the most powerfull engine he's seen in the championship, he asked about it, so i told him its a sirio base engine tuned by a spanish company and modified by Murnan Modified, he was quiet impressed and i was really happy about it. thanks Uriah for your great job on my engine

cheers

Ali

You are very welcome Ali. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Here is a small race report on the 2009 Great Lakes Challenge.

http://www.murnanmodified.com/newsde...newsdesk_id=98
Old 08-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grinder
Here is a small race report on the 2009 Great Lakes Challenge.

http://www.murnanmodified.com/newsde...newsdesk_id=98
hey great results Uriah, and welcome to the XRAY world you will have to change your signature coz it still says RRR :P

how would you compare the RBM3 to the M353R?? overall power band and run time?? which do you think is better and why ??

cheers

Ali
Old 08-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

PM sent
Old 08-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

hey great results Uriah, and welcome to the XRAY world you will have to change your signature coz it still says RRR :P

how would you compare the RBM3 to the M353R?? overall power band and run time?? which do you think is better and why ??

cheers

Ali
I like the RBM3 better due to the increased power, increased runtime, increased crankpin, and rod durability.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

PM sent
Old 08-14-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by musti72
Are you serious about that?? You mean with same piston-sleeve, you run M3 for about 24lts of fuel and you say its getting faster??

So why most big teamdrivers run 2 engines for an event?

I am confused.
Yes, the engine keeps getting faster with the same piston, and sleeve. I changed the connecting rod at 2.5 gallons, and 5 gallons. I did not clean the carbon off of the piston, I just wipe it off with a mcrofiber towel with no solvents, or abrasives. So far the engine has used 3 rods, and I did not replace the bearings once. I have actually used this engine for a dyno mule, and have a lot of dyno runs on the engine. FYI dyno pulls are much harder on the engine than in car running.

The only reason the engine would not last this long is from low quality fuel, or improper break in.

In trying to blow up the RBM3 we can not. I am sure if I revved the engine with no load long enough it would break, but under our extreme abuse the engines have all performed perfectly. We have had the engine temperatures above 375 F. with no problems.

I can not stress enough how important high quality fuel is. I have seen perfect engines have no chance due to cheap fuel. It is sad to see a $500+ engine burn up due to low quality fuel.

With a high quality fuel, and a proper break in the engine should last for an entire season. I will never go to a race without 3 engines that are ready to race just for myself. I rarely ever touch my backup engines. I can almost bet that most of the fast guys have a couple of engines ready to go at all times.

With some of the other engines out there, you will need more than one engine for a race. Not the RBM3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.